Tory Leadership Thread

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tory Leadership Thread

Post by Rooster »

Shinners will hate him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:Loathsome gets DEFRA, so farming, fishing and floods.

Another you broke it, you fix it appointment as Loathsome will need to explain why leaving the EU is good for agriculture and fishing.
Indeed she will have a tough time sorting this mess plus all the different EU regulations and which stay and which needs kept to satisfy export regulations if exports still exist plus how to sort the border here out for animal and produce movement
Yip she has a real big mess to sort out
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Boris. Yes!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
This is typically simplistic, sensationalist journalism which all the papers now seem to prefer to proper time consuming analysis.
It's easy to pick holes in any politicians record when you don't take the time to examine all of her record or the reasons why she voted the way she did. How many of those votes were free, how many where whipped and how many lines? A proper investigation would take time.

She has set out her stall. Let's see what she delivers.

NB. I see when i read down through the comments that most of what I have said has been addressed by others.
Aye and like you they are probably not strangers to blowing smoke out of their arses and up other people's. If you are saying that Barrenness May has been a good girl and muddled along thinking one thing but consistently voting differently then I think calling this simplistic is a bit naive for one so expert.

Many MPs go along year after year making the occasional statement but never really raising their heads above the parapet, and she appears to have done this to an amazing extent even with the senior job of Home Secretary, but one thing, one of the very few things we can hold our MOs to book on is how they have voted on serious issues.

I'd say before you dismissed this in your high handed manner perhaps it is you who should have had a look at her voting record and advised us then that the independents piece was purely simplistic and sensationalist. Instead you give us what? A layer of bullshit opinion to slap on the rest. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:
mikerob wrote:James Brokenshire (who he?) gets NI.

A remainer, probably more appropriate for NI.

However I wonder when MPs get the call, are they thinking "Please god, not NI, please god, not NI..."
May as well get it over with.

If ever a man' name suited his job... :roll:
Has Simon Sheepshagger got the Welsh office?

After the speech that made Snipe go a wee bit weak, it's nice to see the Union is still a priority. Dish out the Great Offices of State and prioritize Brexit fair enough. Then the big departments, Defence, Health, Education Justice etc. Then the smaller ones. Then the ones that have everybody scratching their head and saying "do they need a Minister for that?".

Then, as an afterthought last thing on Thursday, send a couple of nonentities to Belfast and Scotland :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:
mikerob wrote:James Brokenshire (who he?) gets NI.
If ever a man' name suited his job... :roll:
Has Simon Sheepshagger got the Welsh office?
Ewe'n Sheepshagger, Shirley?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

We've got a seriously big hitter folks :bowdown:

Good job too. The Ardoyne shaps are crying out for a Waitrose :lol:

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Brokenshire… an expert on security no less including Counter Terrorism and Intelligence …based on his extensive pre-political background of being a lawyer.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I expect him to be a considerable improvement on that ugly hard faced bitch who BRexited. She was as much use as a concrete trampoline.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

His name came straight out of a link I got sent this morning by a friend. It was what is your conservative name… You take your grandfathers fist name then add the street where you first lived with the name of your first head teacher and double barrel the last two…

I think I am Herbert Norwood-Best

anyone else care to...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

William Croob-Paisley

Not as good as yours Cockers
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
This is typically simplistic, sensationalist journalism which all the papers now seem to prefer to proper time consuming analysis.
It's easy to pick holes in any politicians record when you don't take the time to examine all of her record or the reasons why she voted the way she did. How many of those votes were free, how many where whipped and how many lines? A proper investigation would take time.

She has set out her stall. Let's see what she delivers.

NB. I see when i read down through the comments that most of what I have said has been addressed by others.
Aye and like you they are probably not strangers to blowing smoke out of their arses and up other people's. If you are saying that Barrenness May has been a good girl and muddled along thinking one thing but consistently voting differently then I think calling this simplistic is a bit naive for one so expert.

Many MPs go along year after year making the occasional statement but never really raising their heads above the parapet, and she appears to have done this to an amazing extent even with the senior job of Home Secretary, but one thing, one of the very few things we can hold our MOs to book on is how they have voted on serious issues.

I'd say before you dismissed this in your high handed manner perhaps it is you who should have had a look at her voting record and advised us then that the independents piece was purely simplistic and sensationalist. Instead you give us what? A layer of bullshit opinion to slap on the rest. :duh:
Away up the yarda. Are you seriously trying to say that is a piece of high quality incisive journalism? If you are, your standards of research and evidence are clearly much lower than mine. I'm saying the piece is lightweight, lacking in depth and context. Designed to push a few buttons for the casual reader without any appreciation of the realities of parliamentary party politics, it's poor, halfhearted journalism. For the most part, politicians follow the party line and vote accordingly.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Thon speech sounds more patronizing every time you hear it.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:Thon speech sounds more patronizing every time you hear it.
Depends where you're coming from. I thought it was excellent. She opened with the usual politically correct niceties and then basically took a sledge hammer to the Cameron years. There's opportunity to take offence if you want, but personally I don't see it. I think she was fairly brutal towards her former boss and then followed her words with actions and sacked all his cronies. What's not to like?
I know it's difficult for a gnarly aul Trot like yourself to be positive about a Tory, but we're all here to help you through it :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: ..... >EW
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Thon speech sounds more patronizing every time you hear it.
Depends where you're coming from. I thought it was excellent. She opened with the usual politically correct niceties and then basically took a sledge hammer to the Cameron years. There's opportunity to take offence if you want, but personally I don't see it. I think she was fairly brutal towards her former boss and then followed her words with actions and sacked all his cronies. What's not to like?
I know it's difficult for a gnarly aul Trot like yourself to be positive about a Tory, but we're all here to help you through it :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: ..... >EW
Aye, the Cameron years that she was happy enough to acquiesce with since 2010, and would no doubt have continued to do so, if fate had not dealt her a winning hand.

When did she marry Woody Allen btw?

Theresa Villiers was less than happy about the proposed job swap with Brokendown.
Big Neville Southall