Irish Passport.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Irish Passport.

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Somewhat surprisingly, only 22% of the NI population want a united Ireland according to a post Brexit survey. Sinn Fein secured 24% of the vote at the last election :scratch:
I wouldn't be surprised if alot of Sinn Fein voters do not want a United Ireland due to the benefit culture that exists within the wider UK
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Somewhat surprisingly, only 22% of the NI population want a united Ireland according to a post Brexit survey. Sinn Fein secured 24% of the vote at the last election :scratch:
I wouldn't be surprised if alot of Sinn Fein voters do not want a United Ireland due to the benefit culture that exists within the wider UK
My understanding is that the benefits are actually better in the South.

I suppose a United Ireland means you can only claim once though >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
I have a colleague who votes SF, but does not want a united Ireland. Her view is that the shinners are the hardest workers and locally the other three parties are more interested in getting their picture in the paper.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:

The basic is better in the Republic however how many shinners are on the basic?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:

There are actually families in NI getting over £50k a year on benefits. Forget how many are over 30k but it is substantial
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Australian map of Europe:

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So no Border poll then!

Pre Brexit, you could get an Irish passport in less than two weeks. FYI when you've filled in the forms and had yer pic taken ( different size from British) take all the necessary to the Post Office in the shopping centre on the Andersontown Rd ( the old Curley's) and they check everything is in order before they send it. That way less chance of it bouncing back for some stupid mistake.
I keep both, with them expiring five years apart, which means I'm never stuck, or panicking to renew for a last minute holiday deal.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote: I keep both, with them expiring five years apart, which means I'm never stuck, or panicking to renew for a last minute holiday deal.
Quite a few including myself do likewise :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:
mikerob wrote:There may be a bit of a wait for an Irish passport at the moment... the Irish embassy in London reported they had received a million requests for passport application forms.
So my application took just over 2 months to get a passport. I don't know what it was before the Brexit flood of applications...
Got one of the midgets renewed in 11 days :shock:
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
mikerob wrote:
mikerob wrote:There may be a bit of a wait for an Irish passport at the moment... the Irish embassy in London reported they had received a million requests for passport application forms.
So my application took just over 2 months to get a passport. I don't know what it was before the Brexit flood of applications...
Renewals prob a bit quicker than new application.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Renewals prob a bit quicker than new application.
Usually are but was surprised it was as quick
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:

It should not surprise anyone that UK is pretty near the bottom in terms of benefits & pensions within the major developed European nations.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:

It should not surprise anyone that UK is pretty near the bottom in terms of benefits & pensions within the major developed European nations.
But Baggy surely all those immigrants only come here to steal our jobs and simultaneously claim the highest level of benefits in the developed world. You're not suggesting that the daily mail etc. are exaggerating the appeal of the UK as a destination for immigrants to suit their own agenda :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: