Olympics 2016 (Non torch stuff)

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Olympics 2016 (Non torch stuff)

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OK, so I'm looking at the Beeb News and there is a bit on the ParaLympics. Some lassie in a wheelchair wondering why the P'Lympics is funded just as an afterthought? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Let's face it love, it is an afterthought, it's someone's nice idea to give a window of interest to disabled sport. Full stop.

It's not top class sport, it's a sideshow to the Lympics. I don't doubt it may produce some remarkable moments, but let's call a spade a shovel.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

II... on the other hand there's about 63 100m finals :lol:

Apparently the GPs surgeries are full of para athletes all trying to kid on they're far worse than they are so's they can get into an easier category. This is NOT what Sir Jimmy Saville Holy Knight of Rome had in mind when he invented the games (although that wee barsteward Harry Hewitt has since tried to claim the glory :evil: ).

... and why aren't Norn Iron scooping the boord. The country is full of fit lukkin young men and weemin claiming DLA at the highest rate :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote: ... and why aren't Norn Iron scooping the boord. The country is full of fit lukkin young men and weemin claiming DLA at the highest rate :scratch:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: >clapping >clapping :salut:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: