Saracens to open one of 77 free schools

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Scholar
Initiate

Re: Saracens to open one of 77 free schools

Post by Scholar »

I hear they get a wolfpacked lunch every day.

Free Schools... Sparky could open one . Very little due diligence takes place. They're being set up in industrial estates under a flight path a mile from an airport with no green spaces e.g. the Gatwick Free School ( Did you pack your own bags before you left home this morning , Nigel? )
They are poorly regulated and cash is given to anyone who asks people in the local shopping mall if they think it would be nice to have a new school in town. My local one was opened by someone with no teaching qualification.
A civil servant in a windowless office under a bare lightbulb puts cash in brown envelopes for anyone who wants to open free schools over here.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I can see the school having red and black imagery everywhere and huge pictures of specific "leaders"

Sounds like Nazi Germany
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

They love a gimmick eh? To think they sit around a table crowing about how 'innovative' they think this is really makes me wonder.

Plus am I the only one that thinks that a loss making business like Saracens being allowed to open up and finance a school seems a bit odd??