UCS (Ultimate Customer Solutions)

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

UCS (Ultimate Customer Solutions)

Post by rocky »

Anyone know anything about this lot?
My daughter parked somewhere in the Titanic quarter recently. Shortly after, she received a letter saying she had parked illegally and asking her to pay a fine of £100.
She made the mistake of phoning them, which confirmed her details to them.
People at her work told her this was a scam and advised her not to pay.
She has now received a letter demanding she pays £160 (fine plus admin costs) and threatening legal action if she doesn't pay within a fortnight.
My inclination is not to pay this but I wondered if anyone else had experience with these people.
Cheers.
Bo***cks to Brexit
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UCS (Ultimate Customer Solutions)

Post by BR »

rocky wrote:Anyone know anything about this lot?
My daughter parked somewhere in the Titanic quarter recently. Shortly after, she received a letter saying she had parked illegally and asking her to pay a fine of £100.
She has now received a letter demanding she pays £160 (fine plus admin costs) and threatening legal action if she doesn't pay within a fortnight.
My inclination is not to pay this but I wondered if anyone else had experience with these people.
Cheers.
I don't think it is a scam, but I don't think the debt collectors have any power to collect the debt other than to send you threatening letters.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

From what I've read and heard on the media about these parking fine collectors, that would be my understanding too BR.

The general advice out there seems to be to ignore them and DO NOT enter into direct contact. MO seems to be to bombard you with pseudo legal letters in rthe hope of extracting payment. A friend of mine received something similar after parking in 2 bays at Boucher Road. :roll: He ignored the letters and heard no more about it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BR wrote:
rocky wrote:Anyone know anything about this lot?
Cheers.
I don't think it is a scam, but I don't think the debt collectors have any power to collect the debt other than to send you threatening letters.
Just rereading this. When she 'confirmed her details' did she admit to being the driver? If not - there is no problem.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I think she did essentially admit to being the owner of the car, if not the driver. From what has been said so far, I am still inclined not to pay this.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have a similar issue with a similar company. I'm not paying them feck all. I've received about 6 or 7 letters and they sold the "debt" on to another company. The letters are laughable. Sometimes the fee is discounted and then they will say after x number of the days the fee will increase. I ignore. Then low and behold they come back with a new discount.

Shower of kuntz.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:I think she did essentially admit to being the owner of the car, if not the driver. From what has been said so far, I am still inclined not to pay this.
Like the guys say Rocky, I wouldn't pay either, however I wondered if you would think of contacting the council to see if they have any sort of legitimacy whatsoever? Not really from the point of view of whether to pay or not, just to know where you stand.

In Bengor-on-the-Lough, Asda have put claims on what I understand to have been a public car park. Their scheme is that you pay a quid to park but that you get the money off your shopping. Mrs T was meeting her sister recently & in her rush, forgot to pay the parking and duly received a letter to pay £60 or something of that order. All local advice was simply ignore it, they can request it, but if you decline they can do the square root of SFA. That was several months ago & I have just confirmed with her that she has heard no more about it.

PS Myself and 3 mates have a 1978 parking fine in Washington DC, quite near the White House as it happens, none of us feel moved to pay it. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rocky wrote:I think she did essentially admit to being the owner of the car, if not the driver. From what has been said so far, I am still inclined not to pay this.
Like the guys say Rocky, I wouldn't pay either, however I wondered if you would think of contacting the council to see if they have any sort of legitimacy whatsoever? Not really from the point of view of whether to pay or not, just to know where you stand.

In Bengor-on-the-Lough, Asda have put claims on what I understand to have been a public car park. Their scheme is that you pay a quid to park but that you get the money off your shopping. Mrs T was meeting her sister recently & in her rush, forgot to pay the parking and duly received a letter to pay £60 or something of that order. All local advice was simply ignore it, they can request it, but if you decline they can do the square root of SFA. That was several months ago & I have just confirmed with her that she has heard no more about it.

PS Myself and 3 mates have a 1978 parking fine in Washington DC, quite near the White House as it happens, none of us feel moved to pay it. >EW
It is not a fine you receive but an invoice for a fee for parking, if it is not all signed that there is a parking fee then they can be told to fcuk off.
The only legitimate parking fines are fixed penalty notices.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Don't pay it! Keep all correspondence but don't make contact again. Private Parking Enforcement companies use bully boy tactics. The most they could claim if it did go to court, and they won, would be the actual fine. They can't claim 'damages'.

Look the company up on Pepipoo, they are great.

I got one from an Enforcement agency for parking at the Co-op on the Lisburn Road near Greens. Looked very official, shat myself, then thought, hang on a minute. Did some research and decided to ignore it. Got a letter every couple of months with the fine reaching the dizzy heights of £400. Then I got a solicitors letter 2yrs later which on close inspection had been photocopied. Googled them and turned out the debt had been sold on to another company who were doing a final fish for the vulnerable.

She shouldn't have contacted them but it is understandable, they look quite slick and official. I wouldn't respond to them again. They'll threaten debt collectors but that can only happen if it goes to court, you lose and still refuse to pay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

This matters not a jot. Unless it's the police or official parking wardens they haven't a leg to stand on. I would safety ignore all further correspondence.

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/lofiversi ... 05463.html

namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

If it's the same clowns who clamped my friends car at the Oddysey I wouldn't worry. We cut the chain with bolt cutters and forced superglue in the lock for the crack. No word from them and that was 6 months ago :lol:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Yep, see this all the time on local social media. These are private companies who do not have the same jurisdiction as the DOE would have here.

Their notice is essentially an invoice, not a fine. The only way they can force payment is to take you to the small claims court which usually is too costly for companies which are for the most part, based across the water.

You may get a good few payment demands but that's usually as far as it goes. Make no more contact with them.

Google Martin Lewis parking fines to read more on it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It's fine to admit you own the car - they know that anyway, that's how they got your address. But you do not have to tell them who was driving, nor is the owner liable for fees incurred by the driver (it has changed in England and West England; but not yet in the legal backwater of this vile statelet. So be careful when reading stuff from your man, Martin Philips, or whoever).

So if you simply ignore them, they can do nothing. Their 'contract' is with the driver, but they/'you' don't know who that was.

By admitting that you were the driver, you give them the ability to pursue the money.

You can ignore the stuff from the debt collection people, and only deal with the parking company themselves. If they pursue through the courts, then obviously you need to take it seriously.

*T&Cs: absolute no legal expertise, just picked up shyte over the years.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It's not worth their while chasing through the courts, especially over here. Keep all correspondence Rocky but don't respond again. Their business model is scaring the more vulnerable into paying.