Best Destination you've ever been to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Best Destination you've ever been to?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I am 100% committed 9, retirement house bought 8/9 years ago and I'd now get frig all for it to go elsewhere, but I'm not complaining, there is one man on this site who loves the view at breakfast as much as I do.

I'm hoping in years to come that I'll take a few months away from the worst summer heat and find some new places outside Spain but for now there are so many places in the country I want to visit, the green north west in Galicia is supposedly serene and life would be incomplete without touring the Rioja for a swally or two. :salut:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Best Destination you've ever been to?

Post by justinr73 »

mikerob wrote:I've been to Buenos Aires a few times. The restaurants that only serve prime cuts of meat tend to be more touristy but there are some good ones, look out for places called La Cabrera and La Cabrera Norte. More traditional places will serve lots more cuts including offal, sausages and black pudding (when the gauchos killed an animal to eat, they cooked the entire beast rather than just cutting out a fillet steak...) There is a budget place called Siga la Vaca which is good value.

One thing about Argentina is I found it really difficult to get steak cooked rare. Their version of rare I would have called medium. In general they don't seem to like that much "red" left in their meat when cooked.
We went to La Cabrera in Palermo and it was the best grub on the trip. I had a big plate of sweetbreads. The sausage there was the best I've ever had. Made a point of ordering steaks very rare and they came out OK. Nice part of town. I wasn't expecting so much 'craft ale'.

Also went to Tegui. 49th best restaurant in the world apparently. I wasn't entirely convinced.