Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Bart S »

Shan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: EU immigration has already been shown to benefit rather than impoverish the country and we will need it to support us in our old age. Immigration from outside the EU is already totally in our control. The UK is already more likely to follow the US lead on foreign policy rather than some grand overarching EU plan.

The immigration argument has always amused me. There is more immigration from non-EU countries than EU countries to the UK and for the previous year net migration to the UK is almost 5 times higher from non-EU countries.

Most of the folk in GB you hear whinging about immigration are talking about immigration from the middle east and other parts of Asia. They seem to think that not being in the EU will fix these "problems". These are some of the reasons why direct democracy can be a bad idea, unless you first tackle the education issues in the country.

Uk unemployment is at its lowest level in something like 40 years. Restricting EU immigration means EU immigrants will be replaced by non EU immigrants. I would imagine faced with that choice some of the anti immigrant people would rather have EU immigrants.

Someone mentioned Bradford a few posts ago as a place with immigration issues. I would imagine any issues there are mainly unrelated to non EU immigrants. Not the nest example in this context.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote:
Rooster wrote:Dodds now says better staying in EU than risking the Union Image

I have very little time for the DUP at the best of times and am not pro Brexit, but fair play to them for sticking to their guns. What Nigel Dodds is of course completely logical in that their top priority will always be making sure the integrity if the UK (as they see it) is preserved and Brexit is far less of a priority to them than that. ERG and in particular Rees Mogg have shown themselves to be utterly clueless and making things up as they go along. Even Theresa is doing a better job than them. The fact he said he would shift if the DUP did, then abstain and then finally cave in when the DUP did not budge an inch shows how ill judged he is. You wonder did any of them ever ask the DUP would they risk Brexit for the sake of concerns over the backstop as if they had done that they may at least looked vaguely coherent rather than a rag tag bunch who don’t know whether they are coming or going. The fact Rees Mogg is at the heart of the group shows how unfit he is to lead anything.
They had to stick to their guns. They would have been crucified over here if they had caved. The likes of Jim Allister would have had a field day.

Enjoyed seeing their mates, and darlings of DUP conferences and dinners, Rees-Mogg and Boris, ditching them. That's the DUP. Ultra loyal to a Lionel right wing establishment that consider them to be less than dog shyte on the soles of their brogues :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

pwrmoore wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:The desperation is palpable...... Image Image
Why is that funny?

Does Jesus tell you to laugh at other people's desperation?

Brexiteers make no attempt to soothe the anxiety of remoaners. Just explain with facts, how brexit will make our lives better...
3 days later snipe still seems to be unable to drum up any facts to explain the benefits of Brexit. :roll: :roll:

Petition passed 5.7M signatures this morning and is still climbing but the rate has dropped quite a bit.
Petition due to be debated in Parliament today apparently. Signing rate slowed significantly but now stands at 6028556 signatures more than 10 times the equivalent "Leave on 29th March regardless" petition. Someone has now started a leave on 12th April without a deal - currently only 130000 or so.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Leave are not even appealing their fine any more. They are not even going to pretend they have not wilfully broken the law. This referendum was an affront to democracy and has irrevocably damaged the trust between the general public and the political institutions. Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Well, if Bombardier Shorts is closed down - its all on the DUP for not taking the deal that would have left them tariff free in the single market.

Airbus would have snapped them up.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Its all on the DUP for not voting remain like the majority in NI!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Setanta wrote:Its all on the DUP for not voting remain like the majority in NI!

...but...but.....but.....themuns!

Always the feckin' same. Policies defined by greed and what themuns don't want to happen rather than what is actually good for the statelet.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Excited to see how potential Mid and East Antrim counsellor Collins is going to deliver Brexit.

Fear mongering twats.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I guess with SF pushing for a border poll it is polarising things a bit, the middle ground parties really need a compelling message of why people should vote for them.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Lurgan Lad wrote:I guess with SF pushing for a border poll it is polarising things a bit, the middle ground parties really need a compelling message of why people should vote for them.
Image being competent not enough?

People still voting DUP and SF,it’s just incredible. I give up on NI politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

About time we reactivated this thread as we lurch towards 31st October 2019, which by the way, Lest We Forget, will be DAY 4667.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Second referendum must come before any general election. Whoever heads the interim gov. is immaterial and unimportant. However the twats will never agree to anything and we're heading for a bumpy ride! Glad I'm in Switzerland.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Don't know how an interim government could be run by Corbyn, equally don't know how an interim government couldn't be run by Corbyn. We just need to get brexit done, let the Eu decide if they actually want a sensible agreement or not and embrace the opportunities that are out there.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hahahahaha hahaha, pass the cool aid!

Why is it the EUs responsibility to pass a sensible agreement? I assume you've read the TM's withdrawal agreement, what parts in particular do you take issue with?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I think the EU don't live in the real world, when countries like Greece were going through huge pain the EU still expected their budget to rise year on year, just incredible. With regards to the withdrawal agreement it takes some arrogance to propose that a country pays for future costs like pensions etc. Any business and even governments have had to cut out their final salary pensions, why should the EU be different? Why exactly should we pay for their future costs with unknown benefits?
As to why the EU should propose a sensible agreement, I'm not saying it is their responsibility because after all they don't particularly care about those they are supposed to represent. If they did they might just consider that having a sensible agreement would benefit the man on their street.