Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Rooster »

Davis was a major problem at the start, arrogant enough to turn up with a notepad and no preparation to take on the EU, fecked them off as they had done their homework so they took over and gave orders instead of negotiations. That is the short version of the fiasco that is called Brexit.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Next step is a vote in parliament next month.
But with Labour, the DUP and Tory rebels, all against the agreement, it will be a miracle if it gets passed.
So what would happen then?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WeeWorld wrote:Next step is a vote in parliament next month.
But with Labour, the DUP and Tory rebels, all against the agreement, it will be a miracle if it gets passed.
So what would happen then?
General election if May resigns. If she doesn't then its probably a no deal brexit under wto rules. The EU might partake in some renegotiation under a new government. There is too much of a split in the tories now. An outright majority for them would still unlikely get any deal through.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Not one business organisation in the country wants a no deal Brexit and WTO kicking in, that is total financial suicide to all sectors.
DUP probably think it is a great idea though as then there would be a hard border with ROI.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Article 50 will be rescinded and a problems vote will occur.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Article 50 will be rescinded and a problems vote will occur.

Thought they had enough problems Jackie >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Article 50 will be rescinded and a problems vote will occur.

Thought they had enough problems Jackie >EW
Haha, damn you predictive text!

People's

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The EU trap is about to spring closed on the hapless UK. Having secured £39M exit fee, they will either get the Brits to rubber stamp the May deal or crash out which only the insaner members of the Tory party want. Then once that is settled, there will be no trade agreement unless UK accepts near enough the status quo on so many things including fishing rights and then when it goes arseovertit in 21 months after BRexit day, they can start the hard Irish border.

Done up like a kipper. the Tory party deserve a huge kicking for the mess they have made of this, yet I suspect all the little-Lionels will, like DUP supporters, continue to support them in their gross ignorance.

Anyone hear Mrs Foster's quiet apology for squandering millions to DUP boiler owners, R. Haicth I. I think she called it? Saturday must have been a good day to get out bad news.

The big question for next year, which part of the UK has the dumbest voters, NI and England are the nominated contenders, will be a close run thing. They have more idiots, who though, has a higher percentage.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

While Boris was boring Dupper grannies to death on Saturday he claimed that there could be a new country called UKNI post Brexit. Err, GBNI already exists Boris, except the Lionels routinely drop us come th'Olympics. Indeed, Lionel politicos and their general populace habitually treat NI with such disinterest and contempt, it always astounds be that Unionists show such unwavouringloyalty :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Nice tweet from 5live's Emma Barnett :D
First up today- it’s Lord Lawson on @theresa_may, her Brexit deal and the UK’s future. He’s coming live to us from France. Join us now @bbc5live
https://twitter.com/Emmabarnett/status/ ... 1972865025
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Official, weather now stopping in Irish sea
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:Official, weather now stopping in Irish sea
Did you read what the chart is about before your ill-considered attempt to be relevant?

Putz. :roll:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I know who I blame.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So Mrs May is about to call off the vote on her deal. I believe her BRexit name will be WRexit.

Prime Minister ........................
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

I hope this doesn't delay the referendum which is now a nailed on certainty.