Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

March 2019

S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31

Who is online

In total there are 12 users online :: 6 registered, 1 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot, Supibrian


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 663705
Total topics 19177
Total members 2938
Our newest member Healy66

Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Jetstream » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Suzy shags Stroke City.
User avatar
Jetstream
Novice
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Shan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 am

No-deal Brexit could see some NI firms 'relocate across the border'

The paper also warns that the impact of a no-deal Brexit would be severe in Northern Ireland, where businesses will not have sufficient time to prepares.

The document says disruption to closely-interwoven supply chains and increasing costs could "affect the viability of many businesses across Northern Ireland",

It adds that a no-deal Brexit could lead to some Northern Ireland businesses relocating south of the border.

The document was released in response to an amendment tabled by Independent Group MPs Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry.

It repeats official analysis suggesting a no-deal could leave the UK economy 6.3%-9% smaller after 15 years than it would otherwise have been, with the worst-hit areas Wales (-8.1%), Scotland (-8.0%), Northern Ireland (-9.1%) and the North East (-10.5%).


https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0227/1033100-no_deal_brexit_papers/
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11118
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Rooster » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:24 pm

Shan wrote:No-deal Brexit could see some NI firms 'relocate across the border'

The paper also warns that the impact of a no-deal Brexit would be severe in Northern Ireland, where businesses will not have sufficient time to prepares.

The document says disruption to closely-interwoven supply chains and increasing costs could "affect the viability of many businesses across Northern Ireland",

It adds that a no-deal Brexit could lead to some Northern Ireland businesses relocating south of the border.

The document was released in response to an amendment tabled by Independent Group MPs Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry.

It repeats official analysis suggesting a no-deal could leave the UK economy 6.3%-9% smaller after 15 years than it would otherwise have been, with the worst-hit areas Wales (-8.1%), Scotland (-8.0%), Northern Ireland (-9.1%) and the North East (-10.5%).


https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0227/1033100-no_deal_brexit_papers/
Quite a few have premises already leased on a retainer basis depending on income. Similar some southern haulage companies have truck yards rented here in NI.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 40027
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:58 pm

Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

For some reason I can't copy and paste the text >crazy1 >crazy1
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby big mervyn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:24 pm

pwrmoore wrote:Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

For some reason I can't copy and paste the text >crazy1 >crazy1

Paddy's getting very political. Just wish the Lionels would listen to him.Heard some Tory c*nt on yesterday saying they should listen to the DUP on NI Brexit issues because they represent us. Far as I know, every constituency here bar N Antrim voted to remain.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11012
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Amiga500 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Then that stupid clown Eilis O'Hanlon in the Telegraph writes up a load of tripe.

Who decided to employ her? How can they continue to justify her wages?

All I see is irrational, ignorant, arrogant, opinionated crap. An echo chamber for the idiots.


Link is here - be warned you may get quite annoyed:
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opin ... 58756.html
User avatar
Amiga500
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1586
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Amiga500 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm

pwrmoore wrote:Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

For some reason I can't copy and paste the text >crazy1 >crazy1


I thought the line "The political wing of the Old Testament" was a good one! :lol:
User avatar
Amiga500
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1586
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Amiga500 wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

For some reason I can't copy and paste the text >crazy1 >crazy1


I thought the line "The political wing of the Old Testament" was a good one! :lol:


Yip - he has a good turn of phrase! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Amiga500 wrote:Then that stupid clown Eilis O'Hanlon in the Telegraph writes up a load of tripe.

Who decided to employ her? How can they continue to justify her wages?

All I see is irrational, ignorant, arrogant, opinionated crap. An echo chamber for the idiots.


Link is here - be warned you may get quite annoyed:
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opin ... 58756.html



Went looking for the comments bit at the bottom so I could register my disagreement with the main thrust of her argument. But there wasn't one unlike the guardian which has garnered several thousand comments. Seems the BT has given up all pretense if being serious news outlet trying to stimulate discussion.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby rumncoke » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:24 pm

for some reason I didn't ?

For years Ireland existed in two bits long before both bits were in the EU

So what's different

The smugglers get richer quicker !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6216
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby big mervyn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:05 pm

rumncoke wrote:for some reason I didn't ?

For years Ireland existed in two bits long before both bits were in the EU

So what's different

The smugglers get richer quicker !!!

You've already answered that. It existed "before both bits were in the EU". We had a common currency and unique arrangements for the movement of goods and people. One in and one out is an entirely different scenario.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11012
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Shan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Amiga500 wrote:Then that stupid clown Eilis O'Hanlon in the Telegraph writes up a load of tripe.

Who decided to employ her? How can they continue to justify her wages?

All I see is irrational, ignorant, arrogant, opinionated crap. An echo chamber for the idiots.


Link is here - be warned you may get quite annoyed:
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opin ... 58756.html


I wouldn't get annoyed by anything she writes. She has always written pure sh1te for the Indo and obviously does the same for its Nordland small brother paper.

The reason she is employed is solely due to her extreme anti - SF position. She has only one topic she is interested in. That is what her bosses want and obviously some of the readership want. The thing here is she displayed her severe lack of comprehension or she just decided to wave her fleg about for no particular reason because she certainly didn't make a single comment on anything that Kielty wrote about.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11118
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Shan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm

big mervyn wrote:
rumncoke wrote:for some reason I didn't ?

For years Ireland existed in two bits long before both bits were in the EU

So what's different

The smugglers get richer quicker !!!

You've already answered that. It existed "before both bits were in the EU". We had a common currency and unique arrangements for the movement of goods and people. One in and one out is an entirely different scenario.


You should be getting paid to be a primary school teacher Mervyn.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11118
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 pm

big mervyn wrote:We had a common currency and unique arrangements for the movement of goods and people.

PEDANTRY ALERT: We didn't have a a common currency, we had two different currencies that just happened to equal one another and were commonly interchangeable. >EW

Just sayin' like.
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13422
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Postby Setanta » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:48 am

Better to be pedantic than a stranger to the truth! :cheers:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4652
Images: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->