Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11377
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Shan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm

I tend to be more anti-rogue myself but shur ya wouldn't expect anything else from the auld Tories.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

User avatar
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3620
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)
Contact:

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Gary » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Mervyn, anybody who knows the actions of a dictatorship. >#
I have a cunning plan...why not just leave things as they are but tell the Brexiteers that we have left the EU? After all they believe every lie that they were told by Boris and Nigel.

User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by solidarity » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:46 pm

What's the English for Reich?

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Evil Kiwi » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:55 am

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:08 pm
The only fact about brexit is that there are no known knowns. It's an unprecedented situation and therefore nobody knows for sure what will happen. Anyone who says they do is full of brad pitt.
The debate is awash with fear mongering, speculation and disinformation dressed up as fact aimed at promoting a desired outcome.
Not knowing what will happen is an argument for remain. The UK was in relatively good position economically. Heading straight into an unknown without a plan is/was a gamble.

User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Jackie Brown » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:04 am

Ruth Davidson steps down*

*Absolutely nothing to do with the state of the Tory's in Westminster
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Evil Kiwi » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am

Since the UK has a parliamentary democracy, the deliberate suspension of said parliament is akin to a suspension of democracy. All in the name of taking back control? Crazy times.

User avatar
Vanhelsing
Novice
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Vanhelsing » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:13 pm

Evil Kiwi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am
Since the UK has a parliamentary democracy, the deliberate suspension of said parliament is akin to a suspension of democracy. All in the name of taking back control? Crazy times.
you taking the pi$h,we voted to leave.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11494
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by big mervyn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 am

Vanhelsing wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:13 pm
Evil Kiwi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am
Since the UK has a parliamentary democracy, the deliberate suspension of said parliament is akin to a suspension of democracy. All in the name of taking back control? Crazy times.
you taking the pi$h,we voted to leave.
The English voted to leave.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6496
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by rumncoke » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am

As a indication to all and sundry that Boris means what he says it is a beaut to be honest ,but my money at the moment would be on a n election before 31st of Oct.

It has focused attention on the Brexiteers and exposed the Remainers thus ensuring that the electorate can clearly see who is for and who is against or standing in the way -- remembering that at the previous election labour pretended to be Brexit thus splitting the Brexit it vote.

Boris has exposed that "no deal" means --"no exit" since currently the EU have yet to remove the one obstacle to a deal.

Thus the election will be a single issue election--- not the sort of election which favours the left wing un-costed dreams of Jeremy. Granted Boris has run up a few promises too many but as stated it won't be decided on promises.

The biased left wing pundits of the media will have nowhere to hide how do you show non bias in a single issue election.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5299
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by shamalicious » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 am

Aye, Boris says what he means.
Screenshot_20190830-091256_Twitter.jpg
BullshitBoris
Screenshot_20190830-091256_Twitter.jpg (244.59 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten

User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11093
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Jackie Brown » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:22 am

It's all a bluff and they should call him on it. They know how devastating no deal will be to the UK economically and socially.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

promenader 2
Novice
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by promenader 2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:45 am

rumncoke wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am
As a indication to all and sundry that Boris means what he says it is a beaut to be honest ,but my money at the moment would be on a n election before 31st of Oct.

It has focused attention on the Brexiteers and exposed the Remainers thus ensuring that the electorate can clearly see who is for and who is against or standing in the way -- remembering that at the previous election labour pretended to be Brexit thus splitting the Brexit it vote.

Boris has exposed that "no deal" means --"no exit" since currently the EU have yet to remove the one obstacle to a deal.

Thus the election will be a single issue election--- not the sort of election which favours the left wing un-costed dreams of Jeremy. Granted Boris has run up a few promises too many but as stated it won't be decided on promises.

The biased left wing pundits of the media will have nowhere to hide how do you show non bias in a single issue election.
The vast majority of media outlets are run by billionaire right wingers like the Murdochs. I can only name you one left of centre newspaper (the Guardian / Observer). Against that, there is the Daily Mail / Mail on Sunday, Daily Express, The Sun, The Times / Sunday Times, Daily Telegraph... have I missed any?

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11494
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by big mervyn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 am

promenader 2 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:45 am
rumncoke wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am
As a indication to all and sundry that Boris means what he says it is a beaut to be honest ,but my money at the moment would be on a n election before 31st of Oct.

It has focused attention on the Brexiteers and exposed the Remainers thus ensuring that the electorate can clearly see who is for and who is against or standing in the way -- remembering that at the previous election labour pretended to be Brexit thus splitting the Brexit it vote.

Boris has exposed that "no deal" means --"no exit" since currently the EU have yet to remove the one obstacle to a deal.

Thus the election will be a single issue election--- not the sort of election which favours the left wing un-costed dreams of Jeremy. Granted Boris has run up a few promises too many but as stated it won't be decided on promises.

The biased left wing pundits of the media will have nowhere to hide how do you show non bias in a single issue election.
The vast majority of media outlets are run by billionaire right wingers like the Murdochs. I can only name you one left of centre newspaper (the Guardian / Observer). Against that, there is the Daily Mail / Mail on Sunday, Daily Express, The Sun, The Times / Sunday Times, Daily Telegraph... have I missed any?
The right wing printed press were relentless in their promotion of Brexit. Everytine the Beeb do a vox pop they akways seem to pick Warren Gatland or some othe shythole leave constituency.

You missed the Mirror btw. They're left of centre
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6496
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by rumncoke » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am

grow up

The media stopped being the press about 1990 -- half the electorate don't read a paper.

Gary once out the EU will not want to repeat the this GB will not be allowed to rejoin.

Boris has got the opposition exactly where he wants them and they declared their hand first with an all Party meeting to block No Deal and couldn't agree even than how.

There is and always has been an alternative to the backstop -- instead of" the border down the Irish Sea --a Trade border in the English Channel . Which makes more sense in many ways !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Evil Kiwi » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:52 am

Vanhelsing wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:13 pm
Evil Kiwi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am
Since the UK has a parliamentary democracy, the deliberate suspension of said parliament is akin to a suspension of democracy. All in the name of taking back control? Crazy times.
you taking the pi$h,we voted to leave.
Are you taking the pi$h? I voted for political representation. Our whole political system is based upon political representation. Democracy did not begin and end on the 23rd June 2016.

Post Reply