Rory Best - Legend

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Rory Best - Legend

Post by Shan »

I am out visiting my sister in the wilds of the best county in Ireland at the moment. For those who don't know what the best county is I can assure them it is County Clare.

Anyway my niece, 11 years old, was telling me that her class sent out letters to some of the most well known Irish rugby players who they would admire and be excited to get a response from at that age etc. According to her, of about 30 letters sent the only response to date has been from the legend that is Rory Best. I have to say that unfortunately this does not surprise me. Rory always seems to me one of those old style players who, despite his brilliance on the field of play, knows that there is more to life than the on-field battle.

I for one don't like the thoughts of this very important aspect of our wonderful game being lost. Thanks be to feck for guys like Rory and hopefully he is not a dying breed.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Jockster
Squire

Re: Rory Best - Legend

Post by Jockster »

Not surprised at all by this from Rory—there will be many instances similar to this where Rory has demonstrated his genorosity. Actually the whole Best family are fantastic people.