ROI

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ROI

Post by Shan »

Well as the Norn Iron thread has been reborn I will also bring this one back to life.

After a 1-0 victory over the might of the British Colony of Gibraltar the ROI last night grabbed themselves another 1-0 victory last night at home against Georgia. Obviously this is nothing to be getting carried away with, although some of the football last night was decent, but it is nice to see the positivity back after the last couple of dreary years. Mick McCarthy at least is allowing the guys to play some football and we don't have the shadow of Roy Keane over the squad.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Well as the Norn Iron thread has been reborn I will also bring this one back to life.

After a 1-0 victory over the might of the British Colony of Gibraltar the ROI last night grabbed themselves another 1-0 victory last night at home against Georgia. Obviously this is nothing to be getting carried away with, although some of the football last night was decent, but it is nice to see the positivity back after the last couple of dreary years. Mick McCarthy at least is allowing the guys to play some football and we don't have the shadow of Roy Keane over the squad.
Great free kick from Hourihane.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Laboured to win a game they were expected to win ...

Repeat.

Yawn. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Great free kick from Hourihane.
Agreed. Twas a wee beauty.

Pity I wasn't at the game. Could have got some free tennis balls. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

After the recently discovered financial and governance issues it now looks like the FAI board will be stepping down. I'd like to say that this shows there is some integrity there but really it is because the Govt indirectly has pulled the plug on state funding. The whole thing has been a fiasco and the sooner this shower is gone the better for Irish(ROI) football.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Hopefully an audit of the books will identify the rest of the shysters. It has been a disgraceful period for Irish football. I feel for the fans who have been pushing for change for years. When you see Healy Rea backing Delaney you know there is something rotten.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

For the avoidance of any doubt I do not blame Trevor Brennan.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh