FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by Liz Fraser »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:England beat 2 no hopers and a decent Swedish team, draw with Colombia and lose 3 games to quality. 5/10
Generous Merv.
I'm delighted to report that my normal antipathy towards Perfidious Albion was back at its usual level for the semifinals and today's.
People wrote off that game today as irrelevant but in my opinion England needed to win it to ensure their detractors couldn't hold this opinion a la big Merv.

Instead the reality is now that England come away from a world cup losing 3 games.
Only Egypt of the 32 participating teams did as badly.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I think that it's only fair to recognise the fabulous achievement of the Lionels in pulverising Tunisia in the last minute and hammering lilty out of the Panamanian Pub Team and so I have this message of support for Gaz and the boys.
2.jpg
2.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

sealiionsonhischest.jpg
sealiionsonhischest.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:Croatia have been written off a few times already. They have plenty of dog in them.
Nah - I think you're mixing them up with the Koreans
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Croatia have been written off a few times already. They have plenty of dog in them.
Nah - I think you're mixing them up with the Koreans
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This shyte is over ................soon.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

France 2-1 up without playing much football. Hope the tournament doesn't end like that.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Two ludicrous decisions for the French goals. and the BBC run a trailer for Dr Who. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jokeshop, over soon.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

As expected France just too good for Croatia and they win a game and a world cup they were expected to win. Great stuff.

Vive la France.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Liz Fraser wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:England beat 2 no hopers and a decent Swedish team, draw with Colombia and lose 3 games to quality. 5/10
Generous Merv.
I'm delighted to report that my normal antipathy towards Perfidious Albion was back at its usual level for the semifinals and today's.
People wrote off that game today as irrelevant but in my opinion England needed to win it to ensure their detractors couldn't hold this opinion a la big Merv.

Instead the reality is now that England come away from a world cup losing 3 games.
Only Egypt of the 32 participating teams did as badly.
Look I don’t think anyone with an IQ of over a 100 expected England to win but in terms of riding the wave of a hot summer, and as a distraction from Brexit, it was fun whilst it lasted.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Look I don’t think anyone with an IQ of over a 100 expected England to win but in terms of riding the wave of a hot summer, and as a distraction from Brexit, it was fun whilst it lasted.
Engerland fans epitomise Brexit.

Naga Munchetty was the worst for me. Extremely irritating at the best of times, she was off the scale during the WC.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nobody is more irritating than Lineker et al, that Shearer is a Wright spanner. As for Steve Bould or Tony Adams, whichever one of them was doing the final, well they're no Martin Keown and he's a dry lunch.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote: Look I don’t think anyone with an IQ of over a 100 expected England to win but in terms of riding the wave of a hot summer, and as a distraction from Brexit, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Naga Munchetty was the worst for me. Extremely irritating at the best of times, she was off the scale during the WC.
Yes a lot of them do, although racist OAPs take the Brexit biscuit.

Naga is mildly irritating, although short Brennan Charlie is clearly clueless when it comes to sport.

However, if Sally Nugent ever did car pool karaoke with James Corden then i’d make sure that the pair of them had a nasty accident.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Yes a lot of them do, although racist OAPs take the Brexit biscuit.

Naga is mildly irritating, although short Brennan Charlie is clearly clueless when it comes to sport.

However, if Sally Nugent ever did car pool karaoke with James Corden then i’d make sure that the pair of them had a nasty accident.
Simon McCoy is the only BBC newreader I can tolerate. A lickspittle of the British establishment he is definitely not.
Big Neville Southall