FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:I’ve reached my limit, I’d rather watch formula 1 and that is shyte beyond shyte.
Hey, there is a golf thread for that shyte.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Having seen the games so far can't see Germany or Argenina going too far, or Spain and Portugal for that matter.
Too old, Brazil aren't all that either.

Russia might do ok with home advantafge. but for me its Frace Belgium and Croatia looking good for the semis.
England have a great chance particularly if the draw opens up for them.
They have a great keeper in Pickford which will make all the difference.
Last edited by Liz Fraser on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

222toHounslow wrote:I’ve reached my limit, I’d rather watch formula 1 and that is shyte beyond shyte.
Haven't watched a single game. Not worth wading thru all the turgid shyte for the occasional good game. I'll probably succumb and watch Engerland in the ko stages to see them eliminated. Penalty shoot outs are also good crack.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Today was definitely a load of old w-nk. Hoping for something better tomorrow and especially hoping for something from Messi.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Messi is under pressure to shine particularly considering the way Ronaldo is going.
Not to mention the pressure to deliver a win for his country.
Hope they go out.
I can't stand them.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Thu June 21: Denmark v Australia (Group C) - Samara, 1pm

Thu June 21: France v Peru (Group C) - Ekaterinburg, 4pm

Thu June 21: Argentina v Croatia (Group D) - Nizhny Novgorod, 7pm
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote: Hope they go out.
I can't stand them.
Feck off three lions supporter. I hope Argentina get going and at some stage meet your team and beat them in injury time with a goal from Aguero. BBC should line up Martin Tyler just in case. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
I can't stand them.
Feck off three lions supporter. I hope Argentina get going and at some stage meet your team and beat them in injury time with a goal from Aguero. BBC should line up Martin Tyler just in case. :D
Nah. Penalties would be much more entertaining with 'arry Kane blasting the crucial wan over the bar, thus losing his nailed on VC and Knighthood but securing several lucrative sponsorship deals.

Argentinians are great. Friendliest and most generous people you could hope to find.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:Messi is under pressure to shine particularly considering the way Ronaldo is going.
Hope they go out.
I can't stand them.
Clearly, you are from the Alf Ramsey generation, Liz. I'll never forget that fine man Sr. Antonio Rattin being outrageously sent off and sanctimonious Alf whose team kicked guys up in the air just as much as the Argies, saying "these people are animals". The Lionels even had Union Jack flegs on the halfway line, corner flegs etc. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Oh how I laughed when wee fat "Hand of God" slaughtered them some years later, and him of his Bristols on cocaine probably, his second goal being one of the greatest individual goals ever seen.

The Argies also staged the last great World Cup in 1978, just 8 years after the greatest of all, Brazil's triumph in Mexico and 4 years before Arcanada Armstrong became a thing.

A leisurely triumph for La Rojigualda, bandera de Espana...... though I saw not one minute of the triumph. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
I can't stand them.
Feckin'Nora, that's odd coming from a West Brit such as you, you Lionel loving Turnip.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Argentina going out would be a disaster for the tournament. There are too many defensive sides and this WC has been a borefest.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Messi is under pressure to shine particularly considering the way Ronaldo is going.
Hope they go out.
I can't stand them.
Clearly, you are from the Alf Ramsey generation, Liz. I'll never forget that fine man Sr. Antonio Rattin being outrageously sent off and sanctimonious Alf whose team kicked guys up in the air just as much as the Argies, saying "these people are animals". The Lionels even had Union Jack flegs on the halfway line, corner flegs etc. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Oh how I laughed when wee fat "Hand of God" slaughtered them some years later, and him of his Bristols on cocaine probably, his second goal being one of the greatest individual goals ever seen.

The Argies also staged the last great World Cup in 1978, just 8 years after the greatest of all, Brazil's triumph in Mexico and 4 years before Arcanada Armstrong became a thing.

A leisurely triumph for La Rojigualda, bandera de Espana...... though I saw not one minute of the triumph. Image
Hand of God? That was a good header in my book.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Hope they go out.
I can't stand them.

A leisurely triumph for La Rojigualda, bandera de Espana...... though I saw not one minute of the triumph. Image
Hand of God? That was a good header in my book.
Me too but Hand of God annoys Lionels so I use it. :lol:
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I get that Baggy and Dave I just don't like the cheating way they dive around and the histrionics.
Similarly to the much loathed Pepe and some of his Portugese pals.
Peru are the latest team to prove that the safest place to hide Shergar would have been the opposition goal as they've feck all chance of finding it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

England have lots of diving histrionical bolloxes. Ashley Young and Dele Ali.