the hockey

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: the hockey

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
TheSnapper wrote:
One would be a start :roll:
To write 'great effort thus far' on a thread on the UAFC? I feel like PJ. Were you also offended by PJ commenting about spit? Did you ask if he had seen much spit before? Or how many merry-go-rounds had Stu actually been on?

I won't dignify you with clarification of my actual connection to one of the players and the number of games I have watched. If you have such a connection yourself, you will be acutely aware of previous disappointments and be just delighted for them, and very happy to see positive comments online. You are, however, a well known dose of shyte, you seem to be confirming that much on this thread. So how about you just STFU now, John.

In fairness: beautifully written. :D

Ding ding, seconds away, round two....
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Big hockey fight. :cheers:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

hats off...who else would honestly do it...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other- ... -1.3582319
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Baggy and Merv,

How many 'BIG HOCKEY FIGHTS' have you actually been to?

FFFS,
Dave
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Good old Raidió Teilifís Éireann ....supporting the weemen Thurs @ 6pm LIVE .
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Baggy and Merv,

How many 'BIG HOCKEY FIGHTS' have you actually been to?

FFFS,
Dave
Lurgan Ladies

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Women's hockey stands on its own two feet, women's rugby wants men's rugby to subsidise it.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

armalig wrote:Good old Raidió Teilifís Éireann ....supporting the weemen Thurs @ 6pm LIVE .
Interesting to see if that is available via Sky etc with BT Sport showing the tournament.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

WeeWorld wrote:Women's hockey stands on its own two feet, women's rugby wants men's rugby to subsidise it.
:roll:

my oh my how you have got it so wrong, first of all there is no such thing as womens hockey or womens rugby , its Women playing Rugby and Women playing hockey, as far as i am aware the laws of the games are the same for both genders.

Hockey in Ireland is amateur end off no big stadiums or sponsorship , no profit from TV rights and world wide sponsors so to compare the women in hockey standing alone is just crap.

Irish women who play rugby are not subsidised but supported by their union . they pay their fees/insurance for their clubs same as the male players and in some cases i would push for more funding.

Hockey in Ireland is massively underfunded but you cannot in anyway compare Irish Hockey to Irish Rugby a game that attracts millions through its gates annually

I applaud what Irish Hockey has done in the past weeks and Ireland (North and South) should be proud of the ladies , but alas in a few weeks it will be forgotten , they will go back to normal life as Irish Hockey is a poor relation in sport.

Maybe they might get a sponsorship deal to help, but i wont hold my breath
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Nothing in your post contradicts what I wrote
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:my oh my how you have got it so wrong, first of all there is no such thing as womens hockey or womens rugby , its Women playing Rugby and Women playing hockey, as far as i am aware the laws of the games are the same for both genders.
The women's games have some rule about you needing to be a woman to play (whatever that means now days).

So it's not really 'Women playing rugby/hockey' in the way that it is 'Women riding horses'
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

In the professional era, International rugby has to be about raising money to keep the show on the road not about wasting it on International women's rugby that can't even wash its own face let alone raise money for women's rugby as a whole.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can Munster wash their own face?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Can Munster wash their own face?
Do they want to?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Dave wrote:Can Munster wash their own face?
Irish men's team is the money spinner. Munster and the other provinces are its supply and none of them are profit making afaik.