the hockey

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: the hockey

Post by Gerald the Mole »

BR wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:my oh my how you have got it so wrong, first of all there is no such thing as womens hockey or womens rugby , its Women playing Rugby and Women playing hockey, as far as i am aware the laws of the games are the same for both genders.
The women's games have some rule about you needing to be a woman to play (whatever that means now days).

So it's not really 'Women playing rugby/hockey' in the way that it is 'Women riding horses'
BR , I know you like to deal in facts, can you refer one to the Rules were you got the information to make such a bold statement
I wouldn't know my way around hockey legislation to point you at even the most basic of rules.

However the IOC have some pretty complex rules about who can and cannot compete in women's events. All to do with levels of testosterone over a period of time.
So you made=an assumption about the rules ?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:my oh my how you have got it so wrong, first of all there is no such thing as womens hockey or womens rugby , its Women playing Rugby and Women playing hockey, as far as i am aware the laws of the games are the same for both genders.
The women's games have some rule about you needing to be a woman to play (whatever that means now days).

So it's not really 'Women playing rugby/hockey' in the way that it is 'Women riding horses'
BR , I know you like to deal in facts, can you refer one to the Rules were you got the information to make such a bold statement
I wouldn't know my way around hockey legislation to point you at even the most basic of rules.

However the IOC have some pretty complex rules about who can and cannot compete in women's events. All to do with levels of testosterone over a period of time.
So you made=an assumption about the rules ?
Yes.
Could most men play in an international women's team without modification, if they were good enough?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

BR, what’s that got to do with my original post? Stop digging and get your #COYGIG banner out, we have a semi to grab

Oh and at hockey why not
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

The Girls done well.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:BR, what’s that got to do with my original post? Stop digging and get your #COYGIG banner out, we have a semi to grab

Oh and at hockey why not
I remember when I last took a fleeting interest in hockey that there were differences between the male and female games. Have those variations now been eliminated? That was probably at school level mind you, maybe it was always the same at senior level.

Something about hitting the ball in the air? Can't remember.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Right, I'm starting a spreadsheet on how many live games any of you feckers have actually watched ...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Right, I'm starting a spreadsheet on how many live games any of you feckers have actually watched ...
In the last few years? Stick me down for zero.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Gerald the Mole wrote:BR, what’s that got to do with my original post? Stop digging and get your #COYGIG banner out, we have a semi to grab

Oh and at hockey why not
A mole telling someone to stop digging smacks a desperate argument loss.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:Right, I'm starting a spreadsheet on how many live games any of you feckers have actually watched ...
Everyone is on zero until I hear otherwise.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
Everyone is on zero until I hear otherwise.
Live live or Clive live?

I have vague memories of 100,000 teenage girls screaming at Wembley in the 70s for an annual hockey match on World of Sport just before the wrassling. Did I dream that? World of Sport was great. ITV seven interspersed with Speedway, Canadian lumberjack championships and Mexican cliff diving. Feck, the BBC sports department would kill for entertainment of that quality these days.

Also watched a bit at th'Olympics (1984/1988?). Irish boy called Shan Curlie or was he one of the Harlem Globetrotters?

Fair dues to the Irish girls, but as sports go, it's a hard watch.

I assume the Dutch are going to win?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote: Live live or Clive live?
That wasn't specified. There is some lad with a camera who basically invented women's hockey, he might know.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Might go

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Might go

Bandwagoner.

Dave put me down for zero, men or weemin, maybe saw a minute or two on the bax, never a match. I'm assuming Hockey on Ice doesn't count, I've seen 4/5 of those as a favour to a friend, reluctantly, even got myself hospitalised to miss one. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Might go

Bandwagoner.

Dave put me down for zero, men or weemin, maybe saw a minute or two on the bax, never a match. I'm assuming Hockey on Ice doesn't count, I've seen 4/5 of those as a favour to a friend, reluctantly, even got myself hospitalised to miss one. :D
Love a good ole ole ole ole
And a good divisive non representative felg draped around my shoulders

armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Fantastic result for the Irish girls last night coupled with an English defeat later on to boot .....
Yes poor game but if they get final pass linked then it augers well Vs the Spanyards ....them 8 sec penalty runs are sum drama along with " video referral of video referrals...! " .....even the last goal crossing line with 0.4 sec on clock :cheers:
....OH and what a great swansong for our wee Shirley :fleg: .
SUFTIG >appl