the hockey

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

promenader 2
Initiate

Re: the hockey

Post by promenader 2 »

armalig wrote:Fantastic result for the Irish girls last night coupled with an English defeat later on to boot .....
Yes poor game but if they get final pass linked then it augers well Vs the Spanyards ....them 8 sec penalty runs are sum drama along with " video referral of video referrals...! " .....even the last goal crossing line with 0.4 sec on clock :cheers:
....OH and what a great swansong for our wee Shirley :fleg: .
SUFTIG >appl
Words rarely heard in the same sentence: Ireland...semi finals. Occasionally they do come together, most often when linked by the phrase 'never having reached the'.
Well done the Irish hockey weemin. Fantastic achievement by a side that no one rated (so I've just read) :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Saying girls is pretty fecking condescending maybe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

They're a lot easier on the eye than their rugby playing sisters
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Might go

Bandwagoner.

Dave put me down for zero, men or weemin, maybe saw a minute or two on the bax, never a match. I'm assuming Hockey on Ice doesn't count, I've seen 4/5 of those as a favour to a friend, reluctantly, even got myself hospitalised to miss one. :D
I expect there are more than a few closet giants fans on here. I don't know if a certain snappy person might object to that non-specific factoid. He tends to snap first and ask questions later.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Saying girls is pretty fecking condescending maybe

No worse than lads. Do they not refer to each other as girls?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:Saying girls is pretty fecking condescending maybe

No worse than lads. Do they not refer to each other as girls?
Dunno
Wont let me near them

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Other girls can. Like only black people can call each other the N-word. Or the way GAWAs call each other loyalists.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Other girls can. Like only black people can call each other the N-word. Or the way GAWAs call each other loyalists.
Now there is a thread all of its own. I loathe this business about words only being acceptable from one group of people, it is entirely counter-intuitive. When for example did you hear a gabshite saying, "houl'on lad I'm a gabshite and it's ok for me to say it but you're being gabshiteist"? Never is the answer, never ever ever in yer long legged life did you hear that from a gabshite.

Thus, either "nigger" is unmentionable to all or it's not. I'd go with the former. I was recently told I should not describe someone as a negro either, the word is black. Really? Is negro an unacceptable noun these days, many suggest it is and yet in the USA the United Negro College Fund is famously the largest funder of educational opportunity for minority students and funds several "Black" colleges. Again is it ok for them to use Negro & not me?

Anyway, I digress, girls can call girls, girls and N-words can call each other WTF they like. I often think I've lived too long or more likely that life is too short for all this shyte.

I have often described weemin of my acquaintance as "a girl well up in years", doubtless that makes me a sexist pig and I should never play rugby for Ulster or Ireland again. The fact is, I have already told the FIRFUC's not to even dream of selecting me, though I remain available for Ulster. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I am the latter. Words are not racist. The racism is in the hearts, minds, actions and policies of men (... or women ... or non-binaries)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hockey is racist
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Hockey is elitest
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

armalig wrote:Hockey is elitest
Yip, keep the riffraff away
Rugby is too

Late them have soccer and gaa

UlsterAddict
Novice

Post by UlsterAddict »

Into the final!! 1-1 draw with a win on penalties! Well done ladies >clapping
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition. Semifinal on Saturday, final on Sunday - real tough cookies.
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Yesssssssss :D gwan the Irish girls