Euro Championships

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Euro Championships

Post by Shan »

I see that one of your lot is competing for Ireland today in the final of the Pommel Horse in the gymnastics. Rhys McClenaghan won the gold medal in this at the commonwealth games. Hopefully he can get another medal here to add to the silver and two bronzes we have managed to get so far.

Later this evening we have Ciara Mageean, also from Ulster, going in the 1500 metres and she should also have a chance to get a medal although the gold is surely in the hands of Great Britain's Laura Muir if she doesn't make an árse of it.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Euro Championships

Post by Shan »

Excellent gold medal for McClenaghan. Gwan the Ulstermen. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Euro Championships

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Excellent gold medal for McClenaghan. Gwan the Ulstermen. :D
I've known his mother for a long time, don't know him at all, but he is a good kid by all accounts, well-done son, especially since Rathgael Gym has been ripping itself asunder to the extent that his coach was laid off not long after the Commonwealth win and he has had to scout about for facilities. In the circumstances, probably a better win than it will be given credit for. Good lad Rhys. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.