Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

May 2019

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 27 users online :: 9 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], ColinM, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], richardt84, SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 667167
Total topics 19206
Total members 2943
Our newest member Diabhal

# MeToo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: # MeToo

Postby BR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Image
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: # MeToo

Postby Shan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Radio station drops Baby it's Cold Outside from Christmas playlist

"The world we live in is extra sensitive now, and people get easily offended, but in a world where #MeToo has finally given women the voice they deserve, the song has no place."


This is from the USA but presumably once the super-sensitive and easily offended in these parts get going this will disappear from radio and TV in the UK and Ireland as well. Yet they will continue to play that ghastly song which starts with some tw@t shouting "It's Christmas".

https://news.sky.com/story/radio-station-drops-baby-its-cold-outside-from-christmas-playlist-11571086
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11206
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: # MeToo

Postby big mervyn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Shan wrote:Radio station drops Baby it's Cold Outside from Christmas playlist

"The world we live in is extra sensitive now, and people get easily offended, but in a world where #MeToo has finally given women the voice they deserve, the song has no place."


This is from the USA but presumably once the super-sensitive and easily offended in these parts get going this will disappear from radio and TV in the UK and Ireland as well. Yet they will continue to play that ghastly song which starts with some tw@t shouting "It's Christmas".

https://news.sky.com/story/radio-station-drops-baby-its-cold-outside-from-christmas-playlist-11571086

Great band Slade. Holder and Lea wrote some great tunes, including that one, even if it is played to death.

Delilah is another one that habitually comes up in these discussions.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11256
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: # MeToo

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 am

big mervyn wrote:Great band Slade.

Absolutely

From the Black Country* .... can we still call it that? :duck:


* not Sudan >EW
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13617
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: # MeToo

Postby Shan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 am

big mervyn wrote:Great band Slade. Holder and Lea wrote some great tunes, including that one, even if it is played to death.

Delilah is another one that habitually comes up in these discussions.


Played to fecking death is correct. Then again I guess most of the Christmas "classics" are. Gives me a pain in my bag. However that is my issue and should in no way be a reason to stop the playing of it......same as the cold outside song which I did see last night on Magic. Tom Jones and the wonderful Cerys Matthews.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11206
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: # MeToo

Postby Shan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
From the Black Country* .... can we still call it that? :duck:


* not Sudan >EW


:lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the militant black man in that show "Balls of Steel"
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11206
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: # MeToo

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:01 pm

McGregor
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20134
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: # MeToo

Postby Shan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Dave wrote:McGregor


Should be in jail regardless of this latest case.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11206
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: # MeToo

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:McGregor


Should be in jail regardless of this latest case.
Agreed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20134
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: # MeToo

Postby big mervyn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:35 pm

I see Mr Donnelly has an "Ardenlee" address. What are the chances?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11256
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: # MeToo

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:22 pm

He's young and needs (jail) time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20134
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: # MeToo

Postby Tighthead Prod » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:09 pm

big mervyn wrote:I see Mr Donnelly has an "Ardenlee" address. What are the chances?


From BBC Website : ''Donnelly, of Ardilea Drive in north Belfast''
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
User avatar
Tighthead Prod
Novice
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:31 pm

Re: # MeToo

Postby big mervyn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Tighthead Prod wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I see Mr Donnelly has an "Ardenlee" address. What are the chances?


From BBC Website : ''Donnelly, of Ardilea Drive in north Belfast''

Ahh ballix .
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11256
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: # MeToo

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:00 am

Wonder will this tool ever get sacked?Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20134
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: # MeToo

Postby Shan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 pm

If utter idiocy was a crime he'd be doing serious time.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11206
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->