# MeToo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

# MeToo

Post by Shan »

I see that Cristiano Ronaldo is now facing allegations of rape and the alleged victim states that the reason she is bringing this forward now is because of the MeToo movement.
Ms Mayorga told Der Spiegel that the #MeToo movement is part of the reason she is now speaking out and her lawyer believes the non disclosure agreement is no longer valid as Ronaldo's lawyers, "knowing that the plaintiff was a ‘vulnerable person’... repeatedly threatened to falsely and publicly accuse the plaintiff of consenting to sexual intercourse with the defendant in order to accuse the defendant of sexual assault to obtain money".
Ronaldo is claiming this fake news.
Cristiano Ronaldo was accused of rape in Las Vegas in 2009 and paid the alleged victim $375,000 to keep it secret, according to a civil complaint filed in a Nevada court last week.

Kathryn Mayorga, 34, attended a party in Ronaldo's hotel suite on the night the attack allegedly took place, according to a story in German news magazine Der Spiegel.

Last night, the Juventus forward dismissed the claims as "fake news" on Instagram: "What they said today: fake, fake news. They want to be famous, to say my name. It’s part of the job. I’m a happy man and all good."

Whatever about the facts of this case it looks to me that we will likely see more and more of these claims. At some point sportsmen will probably have to stop going out and enjoying themselves for fear of being accused of all sorts.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: # MeToo

Post by Dave »

#ibelieveher
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:#ibelieveher
SJW.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

It's time to properly vet the people one consumates with

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In all seriousness, these claims are becoming more and more prevalent. The issues seem to go round in circles, in particular with allegations going back several years, as there is a lack of physical evidence. What follows is a situation in which nobody knows the truth.

The accused is then facing allegations that cannot often be proven or disproven, and is therefore innocent in the eyes of the law as the burden of proof lies with the accuser. However, with trial by social media the accused can endure considerable damage to their reputation, career, relationships etc. That is why I believe that all parties should remain anonymous.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

I hope Bank of Ireland are not sponsoring Juventus!!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:It's time to properly vet the people one consumates with

Even that is not enough it seems. The definition of consent is quite fluid now. I believe there was a case in England whereby somebody who gave consent, by any reasonable standard, later decided to say that such consent was not actually given. So we may be entering the realms of requiring to get consent in writing, possibly with independent witness signatures, before engaging. Tis a scam but as long as someone is making money it is all good. The legal profession are traditionally the ones who profit but even they probably are only in the ha'penny place compared to those activists who indirectly profit from this new outrage and offence driven industry.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jetstream wrote:I hope Bank of Ireland are not sponsoring Juventus!!!
Tis the ultras I'd be worried about. They are notorious feminists. :D :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Seems to be a strong pattern to these

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amongst the reasons that such things are increasing is because the days of the extremely wealthy white male being able to do or take what they think the world owed them are fast disappearing.

Did anyone watch the senate hearing when the lady and the judge gave evidence? She was entirely credible, if I were Trump I'd think I've nominated a looper. For someone who has spent years controlling a courtroom, he was appalling. I don't believe him, not sure I believe Ronaldo either. Certainly don't believe the old pussy grabber either.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Amongst the reasons that such things are increasing is because the days of the extremely wealthy white male being able to do or take what they think the world owed them are fast disappearing.

Did anyone watch the senate hearing when the lady and the judge gave evidence? She was entirely credible, if I were Trump I'd think I've nominated a looper. For someone who has spent years controlling a courtroom, he was appalling. I don't believe him, not sure I believe Ronaldo either. Certainly don't believe the old pussy grabber either.
I've decided not to believe anyone. Ever

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Probably right Russ
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Probably right Russ
Hmmmmm ...

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

When you have evidence you don't have to believe. The issue is that evidence is not something that folk value highly enough.