# MeToo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: # MeToo

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:I'm trying to recall a few parties in the late 70's , 80's and early 90's where I didn't make it home
Can you recall any time you woke up with a sore árse?
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:I'm trying to recall a few parties in the late 70's , 80's and early 90's where I didn't make it home

Yes after a party in Ballyholme
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: I thought this was quite an astute summary of the issue....

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/09/ ... h-is-lying

After all, whether this woman was or was not the victim of an attempted rape is, for once, not the matter to be decided. This process is about deciding whether this particular man is fit to serve as one of the USA's supreme court justices for the REMAINDER OF HIS LIFE. And I think that it is quite plain that he is not.
I'm excited to see this brought into the next UK PM election process

Mrs May, this woman claims you raped her. Prove her wrong
Jezza, this man claims you chanted nazi slogans in 1983 whilst sucking the william of Marty
Marty has corroborated from the dead
Prove him wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Think you're missing the point Russ...
I don't think i am

Imagine now somebody applies for CEO of UR, someone who there is no evidence of wrong doing prior to applying

Now imagine a cheeky Mexican wanted the job. So made public a story of how saif CEO once punched a baby deer

Cue outrage
Then imagine the IRFU decide to hold a TV debate on this claim as opposed to informing the police that a crime has been committed and allowing them to investigate

Then imagine our 10 and 12, after a night out are accused of sexual assault because there may have been pictures of a 3 way
The story gets into the public and voila, we have no 10 or 12

Well you've missed my point. Maybe because you don't agree with it.

We're not talking about a CEO of even about a PM or a party leader. We're talking about appointing someone to be the one of the group of final arbiters on all legal matters in one of the supposedly leading democracies in the world for the rest of their natural life. And what is important here is not actually the accusation that has been made. It is the extent that he is prepared to lie and obfuscate under oath to the committee challenged with approving his appointment. Ergo he is not fit to hold the office as he holds the obligation to tell the truth under oath not to apply to him.

And don't bring our 10 and 12 into it. They told the truth under oath when brought before a court and were exonerated - in the eyes of the law at least.
I'm confused. Which were lies?

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Did you bother to read the article I posted? Or did you just make assumptions and shoot from the hip?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I think somebody needs a hug.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The wife didn't look too convincing when her and the weans were trotted out. Reminded me of the Little Britain sketch.

The lie detector also adds a bit of weight even if it is only 90% accurate.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote:
It's 90% accurate 100% of the time though >EW
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:The wife didn't look too convincing when her and the weans were trotted out. Reminded me of the Little Britain sketch.

0% effective if coached in how to falsify it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:Did you bother to read the article I posted? Or did you just make assumptions and shoot from the hip?
Didn't see an article

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The wife didn't look too convincing when her and the weans were trotted out. Reminded me of the Little Britain sketch.

0% effective if coached in how to falsify it.
Why would she not go to the police?
This should be a criminal investigation, not a virtue signalling sideshow

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:Why would she not go to the police?
This should be a criminal investigation, not a virtue signalling sideshow

Didn't want to at the time.
Little chance of conviction for any crime.
Statute of Limitations.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
No thank goodness.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:This woman is a bigger hoor than our south Belfast slut, went to a party, cant remember where it was, can’t remember how she got there, can’t remember how she got home or who with , name people at the party who said they were never there, can’t remember why she went up stairs to the bedroom, holy feck Baggy you criticised the bitch from the south for the same horlix, despite Kavanaugh having been through many nominations in the Justice system, she never once raised a voice until now . A known anti Trump activist and protester, money by the hundreds of thousands being paid by go fund accounts , legal team doing it for free , facts in her accounts proven to be lies,

She comes out with that school girls voice for CNN to report, “when we first heard this innocent young womans voice” holy lord this is more about were we have gone, anyone now going for any position can be ruined by an accusation that cannot be proven , so the law is now defunct, let’s make an accusation and that’s it your guilty and the prison sentence is nor four walls but your life ruined .

By the way Logan’s CV was more truthful than hers.

This is purely evil at its highest, watch it come across the pond to our politics.
Now listen old boy, you are not giving me facts, you are giving me your own statements and opinions as if they were facts. Now I know you to be a man who knows a bit, but unless you can point me to some hard facts here, we are going round in circles.

More to the point, PWR is correct, it is not really about her, it is mainly a case of is he fit for the job. The manner in which he gave his statement and answered/failed to answer the Senate Committee questions more or less removed any doubt that he is fit for the job. I felt it a shocking performance of a ham actor, all that snuffling and whining like a tiny bitch, the offensive clearing of mucus without the use of a handkerchief or even a spitoon was appalling, unmannerly and disgusting, I got the impression he'd gladly have hacked a few loogies at Ms Feinstein. He was also incredibly rude several times and obfuscated repeatedly.

He came across as no sort of judge at all, never mind one to be appointed to the highest court in the USA, for life, and which is not merely a court, but one of the three arms of government there.

I believe that Prof Ford is indeed performing a civic duty, whether deliberately or not.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:One thing for which there is ample evidence is that lots of folk tend to believe people in their corner than in the oppo corner. I have no notion in this US case of who may be telling lies or at least stretching truth but there are armies of folk who are hopping on board largely depending on their views of Trump.

I couldn't give much of a f-ck either if this guy is appointed a supreme court judge. America is as dodgy a country as you can get so one more potentially dodgy f-cker in a senior position doesn't make much difference. If anything it may highlight the low standards in public office in the US, if ya needed any more proof after the 2 diseased candidates they managed to unearth for the last Presidential election.
Your second paragraph indicates you have little to no idea what is at stake with this appointment. If you don't care fine, no bother, just try not to talk keek, caka or plain shyte. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
No thank goodness.
Don't be so hasty, hard to beat Ron & Sodomy, not our Ron obviously, and not that fecking Bacardi Ron either, it's pish, dark Ron, like Ron Atkinson only liquid. Capiche?

Anyway, you shouldn't underestimate the pleasures of the rectum without giving it a fair crack of the whip.........err, LOOK I'm not suggesting you get you nipsy whipped by the way...... wouldn't want you to take my advice the wrong way bloody painful that, ask yer man from F1, the fascist.