Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2019

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 17 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 667874
Total topics 19215
Total members 2947
Our newest member IanBru

The Useless Boasts thread

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

The Useless Boasts thread

Postby WeeWorld » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Kicking this topic off with this inspirational useless boast from theodddropgoal.

theodddropgoal wrote:I've seen both East Fife and Forfar play live. (not against each other) Top that for useless boast.


You heard the man, top that if you can!
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby big mervyn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:26 pm

I like this thread.

I once bought a meteorite from Syd Barrett's nephew.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11289
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby WeeWorld » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 pm

big mervyn wrote:I like this thread.

I once bought a meteorite from Syd Barrett's nephew.


Nice one
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:49 pm

I love lamp.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20229
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby UlsterNo9 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:59 am

In my eight years we have achieved 13 play-offs, having in the previous seven years having achieved none, including four European Cup quarter-final appearances
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4015
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:11 am

big mervyn wrote:I like this thread.

I once bought a meteorite from Syd Barrett's nephew.

I once sold a piece of rock labelled as a meteorite to Syd Barrett as a birthday present for his nephew.
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13645
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 am

theodddropgoal wrote:I've seen both East Fife and Forfar play live. (not against each other) Top that for useless boast.

I've seen the odd drop goal in my time.

I've even scored the odd drop goal (or two).

Indeed, perhaps unsurprisingly, I've even seen the odd drop goals that I scored.
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13645
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby WeeWorld » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:55 am

I'd rather this thread only had the occasional decent post than be cluttered up with nonsense.
Please stay on topic.
First two entries are quality, let them be your guide.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby OneMore » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 pm

I once asked (then Blackburn coach) Mark Hughes for a lift to their game against Liverpool later that day on the tram bus. He said no.

We were over for the game and happened to stay in the same hotel as his team, good team it was, Brad Friedel, Robbie Savage among others. Breakfast in the morning there they all were, up I went, in a Liverpool jersey to ask. We really hadn't worked out how we were going to get there, it was going to involve at least 2 buses. We happened to fall in with another guy who was going and had a car and offered us a lift. Turns out our Sparky isn't the only Sparky who's a jerk.
User avatar
OneMore
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby 222toHounslow » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm

I once saw HWM and the Holywoodettes sober on an away trip.

Beat that!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1646
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby WeeWorld » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:32 pm

OneMore wrote:I once asked (then Blackburn coach) Mark Hughes for a lift to their game against Liverpool later that day on the tram bus. He said no.

We were over for the game and happened to stay in the same hotel as his team, good team it was, Brad Friedel, Robbie Savage among others. Breakfast in the morning there they all were, up I went, in a Liverpool jersey to ask. We really hadn't worked out how we were going to get there, it was going to involve at least 2 buses. We happened to fall in with another guy who was going and had a car and offered us a lift. Turns out our Sparky isn't the only Sparky who's a jerk.


I'm amazed that blackburn over stayed in a hotel when it's only an hour from Liverpool.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby OneMore » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:35 pm

WeeWorld wrote:
OneMore wrote:I once asked (then Blackburn coach) Mark Hughes for a lift to their game against Liverpool later that day on the tram bus. He said no.

We were over for the game and happened to stay in the same hotel as his team, good team it was, Brad Friedel, Robbie Savage among others. Breakfast in the morning there they all were, up I went, in a Liverpool jersey to ask. We really hadn't worked out how we were going to get there, it was going to involve at least 2 buses. We happened to fall in with another guy who was going and had a car and offered us a lift. Turns out our Sparky isn't the only Sparky who's a jerk.


I'm amazed that blackburn over stayed in a hotel when it's only an hour from Liverpool.

Pretty sure all the top end teams stay in a hotel the night before a game even when they're playing at home these days.
User avatar
OneMore
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I've masturbated 5 times already this lunchtime.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20229
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby Rooster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:24 pm

222toHounslow wrote:I once saw HWM and the Holywoodettes sober on an away trip.

Beat that!
Liar
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 40124
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: The Useless Boasts thread

Postby big mervyn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Dave wrote:I've masturbated 5 times already this lunchtime.

Best office Xmas dinner ever!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11289
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->