Joke of the Day

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: Joke of the Day

Post by Liz Fraser »

big mervyn wrote:Watched Brad Pitt playing a Ra man from Cookstown last night. Funniest thing I've seen in a good while.
I'll raise you a Sean Bean in Patriot Games.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hollywood takes on the IRA in general are hilarious

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Hollywood takes on the IRA in general are hilarious

:lol: :lol: Had to read that twice.
Thought HWM had launched a counterinsurgency campaign.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Eric Bristow ends up in Hell and is greeted by keen darts fan Lucifer himself.
He says, "I'm so excited to see you Eric, I wanted to do a personal meet and greet. Ive brought my personal assistant Emily Pankhurst and a few of her workers to show your around but I'll accompany you."

So he hands over to Emily who says, "Welcome Eric since my arrival we've made a few changes. Every day is a feminist workshop you will be forced to attend 24/7.
The first class is feminist history, followed by by feminist studies where today we are exploring the empowerment of women in the workplace and the pay gap. Then it's tofu and humous for lunch and afterwards sexual behaviour and gender studies followed by banner making ending in an overnight vigil to protest rape culture."

A horrified Eric says " Fack me I knew Hell would be bad but this is ridiculous"
Emily replies" Eric you silly sausage you're in HEAVEN!"
They all start chanting 'HEAVEN RULES! HEAVEN RULES!'
A confused Bristow glances to to Lucifer who says," Don't Eric I've tried but there's no telling them".
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gentlemen, for it is exclusively gentlemen, picture if you will that people who can generally be termed either, those who see Rugby as a target or those who see all Ulster supporters as knuckledragging arsefoons, consider that they have a designated “shitegatherer” who reads here looking for little bits and pieces of inappropriate garbage with which to confirm their opinions to the masses. Then think how jokes about the complainant would be perceived.

Not only is it distasteful of itself, it is potentially destructive in the hands of those who will take any opportunity to mark us as a parcel of misogynists and these confirm their opinion.

Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get us.

I urge those who find a person who considers she is a rape victim, whether true or not, as someone to be mocked to think again and delete your nonsense.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Gentlemen, for it is exclusively gentlemen, picture if you will that people who can generally be termed either, those who see Rugby as a target or those who see all Ulster supporters as knuckledragging arsefoons, consider that they have a designated “shitegatherer” who reads here looking for little bits and pieces of inappropriate garbage with which to confirm their opinions to the masses. Then think how jokes about the complainant would be perceived.

Not only is it distasteful of itself, it is potentially destructive in the hands of those who will take any opportunity to mark us as a parcel of misogynists and these confirm their opinion.

I urge those who find a person who considers she is a rape victim, whether true or not, as someone to be mocked to think again and delete your nonsense.
My last joke was about the RA

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Gentlemen, for it is exclusively gentlemen, picture if you will that people who can generally be termed either, those who see Rugby as a target or those who see all Ulster supporters as knuckledragging arsefoons, consider that they have a designated “shitegatherer” who reads here looking for little bits and pieces of inappropriate garbage with which to confirm their opinions to the masses. Then think how jokes about the complainant would be perceived.

Indeed.

Is anyone else concerned with the over/misuse of the term misogynist?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:

Then why in fu'cks name did you respond?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Then why in fu'cks name did you respond?
Post count

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

+1
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Count
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Liz Fraser wrote:Eric Bristow ends up in Hell and is greeted by keen darts fan Lucifer himself.
He says, "I'm so excited to see you Eric, I wanted to do a personal meet and greet. Ive brought my personal assistant Emily Pankhurst and a few of her workers to show your around but I'll accompany you."

So he hands over to Emily who says, "Welcome Eric since my arrival we've made a few changes. Every day is a feminist workshop you will be forced to attend 24/7.
The first class is feminist history, followed by by feminist studies where today we are exploring the empowerment of women in the workplace and the pay gap. Then it's tofu and humous for lunch and afterwards sexual behaviour and gender studies followed by banner making ending in an overnight vigil to protest rape culture."

A horrified Eric says " Fack me I knew Hell would be bad but this is ridiculous"
Emily replies" Eric you silly sausage you're in HEAVEN!"
They all start chanting 'HEAVEN RULES! HEAVEN RULES!'
A confused Bristow glances to to Lucifer who says," Don't Eric I've tried but there's no telling them".
That'd be Emmeline Pankhurst Liz.

Emily (Davison) was the one that came a cropper at Epsom.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Is anyone else concerned with the over/misuse of the term misogynist?
Yep
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote:Emily (Davison) was the one that came a cropper at Epsom.
Shirley it was Anmer, and rider Herbert Jones that came a cropper

Both passed the "return to play" protocols a couple of weeks later.

Emily Davison was tragically killed.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right