Joke of the Day

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Joke of the Day

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:1982
English prince gets married
Liverpool win the european cup
Pope dies

English prince gets married
Liverpool win the european cup
Pope dies

English prince getting married
Liverpool in a european cup final
Pope touching cloth

Chuckled >EW best case, Liverpool thrashed and pope dies, no harm to the fella, but how many of his paedos has he sacked so far?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Is anyone else concerned with the over/misuse of the term misogynist?
Yep
It is the in word these days
I always thought it was defined as a strong hatred of women, typically brought about by a disfunctional relationship as a child.

Lack of respect is a very different thing to hatred. IMHO
Possibly so, in theory, but if you're on the end of either a lack of respect or hatred the difference is probably pretty immaterial, either us intended to make you feel crap about yourself.
I disagree that a lack of respect intends to do anything to the 2nd person. I would also suggest that hatred intends a whole lot more.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote: Is anyone else concerned with the over/misuse of the term misogynist?
Yes but I'd be more concerned about the misogyny itself.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote: Is anyone else concerned with the over/misuse of the term misogynist?
Yes but I'd be more concerned about the misogyny itself.
I'd be more concerned with the lack of respect. That and the hyperbole.

Once you deal with the hyperbole, the misogyny miraculously disappears.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

[quote/BR]

I disagree that a lack of respect intends to do anything to the 2nd person. I would also suggest that hatred intends a whole lot more.[/quote]

I trust you do not believe that in all circumstances, I contend you are probably suggesting that the lack of respect is not deliberately "aimed", which of course in matters that the strident ladies complain about it very often is, indeed it is very often absolutely intended to be disrespectful, but very deliberately targeted by scummy motherfücking disrespectful males , usually of low breeding, but not absolutely so confined.

I abhor such deliberate disrespect just as much as I abhor Terry Slogan.

I hope you may be thinking of the type of moron who genuinely and sincerely believe themselves to be naturally superior to women and therefore most women will roll their eyes and give the assholes a byeball and a wide berth, rather than those who use their disrespect as a deliberate weapon.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think you understand me. I don't think 'delberate disrespect' is genuine disrespect. Once it is deliberate, it is more than a lack of respect. Not sure that it has necessarily reached misogyny though (that for me suggests a condition beyond the subjects control, more complex than just being an asrehole).
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

These jokes are dung
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:These jokes are dung
I think we are showing disrespect to the thread title. It wasn't deliberate.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I think you understand me. I don't think 'delberate disrespect' is genuine disrespect. Once it is deliberate, it is more than a lack of respect. Not sure that it has necessarily reached misogyny though (that for me suggests a condition beyond the subjects control, more complex than just being an asrehole).
Yeah I do understand you but I think that we are down to semantics rather than the issue, which is that women beyond doubt have a good shout that they face a harder route in life largely due to wins of patriarchal societies.

Misogyny or not hardly matters as a definition, lack of equal status does...... though I feel perhaps another circular argument may ensue, so I'll say, no I don't believe that equality in reality is achievable, in so many respects, but in people's minds and how they treat others, it makes a good start.

I believe the thread title should be treated with no more respect than any other.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I believe the thread title should be treated with no more respect than any other.
I respect your belief Baggy.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Keatley to Ulster.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:Keatley to Ulster.
That is not funny
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

It was NOT meant to be.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Off topic
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Not at all, the joke is on us!