Where roughly is the Olympic Torch now mate?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Where roughly is the Olympic Torch now mate?

Post by big mervyn »

I'd back a torchlit parde up to Stormont - through in a few pitchforks as well.

£5k is the going rate on Ebay at the minute although that could well go down as the market becomes flooded.

It's all a bag of shyte really isn't it -as are th'Olympics, a total anachronism these days imo.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

big mervyn wrote:I'd back a torchlit parde up to Stormont - through in a few pitchforks as well.

£5k is the going rate on Ebay at the minute although that could well go down as the market becomes flooded.

It's all a bag of shyte really isn't it -as are th'Olympics, a total anachronism these days imo.
I agree I find the olympics off-putting.Too many events, too many scandals, too much politicking
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

who are the main sponsors? - Coca-Cola and MacDonalds.

Says it all really.

They should have built a permanent Olympic site in Greece and gone there every 4 years.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Still on e-bay.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Greenmoon
Novice

Post by Greenmoon »

In about 30 mins time (8.30 am Sat 26th) the torch will be passing the bottom of my road in Barry, South Wales. I'm sure some will see it and tell me what it was like.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:who are the main sponsors? - Coca-Cola and MacDonalds.

Says it all really.

They should have built a permanent Olympic site in Greece and gone there every 4 years.
Might bring a bit of needed cash into Greece, on the other hand might bust it completely with cost of running the games :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

and the BBC also have a useful wee Where on Earth to Watch the Torch Guide

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day16

which even gives it street by street and for the avoidance of any doubt it's arriving this sunday (3rd June 2012)
Early birds can catch it in Holywood High Street 6.22am to 6.37 am. Think we should be there.
Personally I'd try & avoid Bangor, N'Ards, Comber & Dundonald cause they are all pretty grim, and suggest you get youself & some tinnies to Carsons Statue for 8.30am as it arrives at Stormont Gate (Upper N'ards Rd) at 8.44am, Stormont Steps 8.54am, hangs around a bit, then off to depart from Stormont via the Gate at Massey Avenue @ 9.24am and Belmont Road (i presume to the roundabout) for 9.35am. Get yer Flegs out now - thankfully i finally located our Tibetan one last night.
Then it's stuffed into a bullet proof van for a tour of Newtownabbey and onwards to the North Coast.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Mike are you putting the Tibetan flag in the bullet proof van or the Torch? I think you should follow the torch as much as possible whil it's over here, waving your Tibetan flag in the back ground. You'll definately make the news, it could turn the whole thing into a diplomatic incident!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Indie rock band General Fiasco are to be the headline act in a free concert to mark the arrival of the Olympic torch in Belfast.

The torch will arrive at City Hall on 6 June, after having toured Northern Ireland and visited Dublin.

The free concert, staged in the grounds of the City Hall from 6pm to 8pm, will include former Olympians, dance act Twist and Pulse, traditional fusion group Sontas and the City of Belfast School of Music junior choir.

Tickets are limited to four per person and are available at Belfast Welcome Centre.
You couldn't make it up!
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:Indie rock band General Fiasco are to be the headline act in a free concert to mark the arrival of the Olympic torch in Belfast.
Any relative of General Prom :lol: :afro: :afro: :afro:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

No Rackettes? I'm outraged! :evil:

Moylsie's also coming. As if we haven't got an adequate lardy radio presenter of our own.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Mike are you putting the Tibetan flag in the bullet proof van or the Torch? I think you should follow the torch as much as possible whil it's over here, waving your Tibetan flag in the back ground. You'll definately make the news, it could turn the whole thing into a diplomatic incident!
Not sure about the diplomatic bit but HWM is an incident waiting to happen !
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jackie Brown wrote:Mike ...you should follow the torch as much as possible whil it's over here, waving your Tibetan flag in the back ground. You'll definately make the news,
Holywood Mike with flag on TV - it's hardly a news story!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Mike are you putting the Tibetan flag in the bullet proof van or the Torch? I think you should follow the torch as much as possible whil it's over here, waving your Tibetan flag in the back ground. You'll definately make the news, it could turn the whole thing into a diplomatic incident!
Not sure about the diplomatic bit but HWM is an incident waiting to happen !
A darn funny incident.............
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Go on , someone have a guess where it is today.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh