What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

FRB
Initiate

Re: What annoys people????

Post by FRB »

cables wrote:
I see I have one I did not know I had.

People who say Trade Unions annoy them.
Cables,
I was annoyed when I compiled my list so some generalisations may have crept in! The existence of Trade Unions, or people being Trade Unions members, does not annoy me at all. However, the morning I submitted the post I was annoyed by a letter I received from a Trade Union. I have also been annoyed that in a previous discussion with the Trade Union they used the threat of strike as an opening gambit. To do so before the discussion really began really ># me off and embarrassed the employee Union members present as well.

I think that although we support the existence of certain organisations and recognise that they make a positive contribution we are allowed to be annoyed with some of their actions occasionally?

The lesson for me is not to make any lists whilst shrouded in ‘red mist’………… :|
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

That comes across much better FRB and my annoyance level has decreased somewhat. (I have also experienced disgust at some FTO's. That's coming from me as one of their employers!)

ONLY to find that POC annoyed me today when he said - “Munster fans pay their money to become part of their team, other fans pay money to be entertained or be part of the event."

Whilst I actually agree with him that some come along to games to be entertained or be part of the event, the manner in which he reckons that ONLY Munster fans want to become part of their team does annoy me.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

x) sales staff in NI who say wee, what's that all about???! 'your wee receipt's in the wee bag there'

It is simply vernacular speech of NI and some parts of Scotland.

Previously I recall wee used in this way being objected to by a former girlfriend of mine who essentially was a snooty b!tch and throughly ashamed of being from NI in the first place. Now that really did annoy me.

Similarish to the interposition of the word "like" in youth speech or Valley Girl speech that originated in the USA In 1973.We now have it courtesy of American teen TV. Frank Zappa mocks it in his song "Valley Girl".
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

'Wee' certainly has wider usage in NI than by those working in shop sales.

Try:
"I took a wee break down to Dublin last week."
"I have just bought the wife a wee car."
"How about a wee night out soon?"
"Having a wee BBQ at the weekend."
" Will you take a wee cup of tea?"

Mate of mine, originally from here, arrived from Canada and we went to collect his pre-booked hire car. We both found it hard to contain ourselves when we came across a lovely and helpful young girl who seemed to be very proficient in the use of 'wee'.
"Have you your wee credit card there?"
"Here's your wee keys."
"The wee car is in .......... "

An 8 year old Canadian on return from here told his mum that people here speak the 'wee' language. Even he had noticed.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

P rents who don't m ke their kids we r se t belts in the c r.
P rents who give their kids cycle helmets but yet don't use them themselves when cycling.
The ' ' key on my keyboard th t's stopped working hence the mis-spelling of isle.
Mum 8)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mid ulster maestro wrote:P rents who don't m ke their kids we r se t belts in the c r.
P rents who give their kids cycle helmets but yet don't use them themselves when cycling.
The ' ' key on my keyboard th t's stopped working hence the mis-spelling of isle.
Mum 8)
INTERMITTENT f*ult there, MUM? :lol:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

darkside lightside wrote:x) sales staff in NI who say wee, what's that all about???! 'your wee receipt's in the wee bag there'
Ha ha my favourite is "just enter your wee pin number there"

Now, the pin number 0001 would definately be a wee pin number, but how does the shop assistant no tknow that my pin number might be 9999, which would be a very big pin number.

My PIN number is neither of the above
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Why do some people refer to PIN "Numbers"? :scratch:

And AIDS Syndrome?
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

and why do people call Tesco Tescos when it is called Tesco.....
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

I hate when people make arses of themselves by useing words that they arnent entirely sure of(ive hinted at this in a previous rant) pacifically i dislike the misuse of specific
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

As in ocean?
Mum 8)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mid ulster maestro wrote:As in ocean?
Mum 8)
Yes, As in ocean! :roll: :wink:
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Health & Safety gone mad. Schools banning conkers for example. :scratch: and the use of Health & Safety legisalation as an Umbrella excuse to stop people doing things or cancelling events that were perfectly acceptable only a year ago. Why not use the legislation to see what can be done?

At Ravenhill, we are not allowed to take beer into the stand but I can take a hot drink. Which is likely to cause most harm if spilt?
I have also seen the steward turn someone away from the stand who has a beer but the next minute help someone up the stairs to their seat who was so p*ssed that he couldn't make it without help. It may be a law (I don't know) but it's still annoying....

.....But only a wee bit - because it's Friday and I am off for some top nosh & wine tonight and watching the Heiny Final tomorrow. :cheers:

No matter how annoyed you may be today have a good weekend.
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

FRB wrote:Health & Safety gone mad. Schools banning conkers for example. :scratch:
That's not even the half of it. The school I'm in at the minute requires teachers (and I believe this is the case for most schools) to write an incident sheet for every little incident, which as a science teacher, makes life very difficult! Even if a kid tries to lift a hot object, and accidentally burns their fingers even the tiniest little bit, it's expected an incident sheet is completed. If that were the case, we wouldn't have any time for actual teaching!
Last edited by Gemma on Fri May 23, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Gemma wrote:
FRB wrote:Health & Safety gone mad. Schools banning conkers for example. :scratch:
That's not even the half of it. The school I'm in at the minute requires teachers (and I believe this is the case for most schools) to write an incident sheet for every little incident, which as a science teacher, makes life very difficult! Even if a kid tries to lift a hot object, and accidentally burns their fingers even the tiniest little bit, it's expected an incident sheet is completed. If that were the case, we wouldn't have any time for actual teaching!

Fixed that for you.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.