What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Re: What annoys people????

Post by nonplussed »

big mervyn wrote:George F*cking Ezra, the latest in a long line of bland anodyne musical bores that seem to dominate the wireless.

What's wrong with the people that buy this shyte?
Preach brother

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:George F*cking Ezra...
Any chance of a threesome?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A 97 year old racist barely fit to walk but still driving. Causes a car accident and in the other car there are two women and a baby. The headline news is basically: don't worry Phillip is fine.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:A 97 year old racist barely fit to walk but still driving. Causes a car accident and in the other car there are two women and a baby. The headline news is basically: don't worry Phillip is fine.
My thoughts exactly. What's the chances of a charge of careless driving or the big dacter taking his licence away?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:A 97 year old racist barely fit to walk but still driving. Causes a car accident and in the other car there are two women and a baby. The headline news is basically: don't worry Phillip is fine.
My thoughts exactly. What's the chances of a charge of careless driving or the big dacter taking his licence away?
He reportedly told police he was dazzled by the sun. Didn't stop him driving out in front of the other vehicle. Apparently Norfolk County will change the speed limit virtually over night. I wonder will they erect signs warning other road users about shape-shifting lizards?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
He reportedly told police he was dazzled by the sun. Didn't stop him driving out in front of the other vehicle. Apparently Norfolk County will change the speed limit virtually over night. I wonder will they erect signs warning other road users about shape-shifting lizards?
Gutted for Princess Di (Gawd bless 'er sweet memory). So close :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I agree entirely that he almost certainly shouldn't be driving - it's not like he won't have a royal protection copper with him most times.

However, we don't know the details of the accident, so don't see how we can really comment. I suspect at least some of the comments so far are only hearsay. Sound familiar?

Secondly, I believe in most circumstances like these where there hasn't been death or serious injury, even if the 97yo is deemed to be at fault by the cops, the common practice is to ask them to voluntarily give up their driving licence and that is usually the end of the matter if they do so. If they don't,the cops will charge,and if found guilty, the court will take away the licence and any other punishment which is due.

Thirdly, from what has been released by the council already, it's not a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's accident, but has been in the offing for a while anyway. No doubt yesterday's incident will speed things up though (in slowing things down).

Whatever the cause, the other car must have been travelling a bit to turn over a Range Rover, but that doesn't mean they were above 60mph ...or does it?

Hopefully there was a royal protection officer in the car who will provide unbiased witness testimoney ... and possibly be reprimanded for allowing the old duffer to drive in the first instance.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I agree entirely that he almost certainly shouldn't be driving - it's not like he won't have a royal protection copper with him most times.

However, we don't know the details of the accident, so don't see how we can really comment. I suspect at least some of the comments so far are only hearsay. Sound familiar?

Secondly, I believe in most circumstances like these where there hasn't been death or serious injury, even if the 97yo is deemed to be at fault by the cops, the common practice is to ask them to voluntarily give up their driving licence and that is usually the end of the matter if they do so. If they don't,the cops will charge,and if found guilty, the court will take away the licence and any other punishment which is due.

Thirdly, from what has been released by the council already, it's not a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's accident, but has been in the offing for a while anyway. No doubt yesterday's incident will speed things up though (in slowing things down).

Whatever the cause, the other car must have been travelling a bit to turn over a Range Rover, but that doesn't mean they were above 60mph ...or does it?

Hopefully there was a royal protection officer in the car who will provide unbiased witness testimoney ... and possibly be reprimanded for allowing the old duffer to drive in the first instance.
Regardless of all that (and I think you're being very generous with regards to certain aspects), the establishment press coverage of the incident has been appalling. Not a mention of the other car and it's occupants. The BB fecking C annoy me greatly.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I agree entirely that he almost certainly shouldn't be driving - it's not like he won't have a royal protection copper with him most times.

It's not hearsay, I can show you pictures of the accident. In this case something actually happened.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Hopefully there was a royal protection officer in the car who will provide unbiased witness testimoney ...
Thanks for that at any rate Cap'n. Best laff I've had in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:It's not hearsay, I can show you pictures of the accident. In this case something actually happened.
:lol:
big mervyn wrote:... the establishment press coverage of the incident has been appalling. Not a mention of the other car and it's occupants. The BB fecking C annoy me greatly.
Totally agree.
big mervyn wrote:and I think you're being very generous with regards to certain aspects.
Don't know why you say that, I was trying very hard not to attribute blame to either party. Those who carry out the investigation and can gather all the facts can do that. Or do you already know all the facts? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Hopefully there was a royal protection officer in the car who will provide unbiased witness testimoney ...
Thanks for that at any rate Cap'n. Best laff I've had in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Finally ... someone who can detect sarcasm on this forum! :cheers:

I'm hoping too that I haven't lost my chances of a gong by calling HRH an old duffer. :duh:
I'm not arguing -
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

The Dukes of Edinburgh Image

Wrong thread, I know, but worth a giggleImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Samstew wrote:Image

The Dukes of Edinburgh Image

Wrong thread, I know, but worth a giggleImageImageImage
I take it that Dave showed you that photo?

Clearly not hearsay. I'm convinced.

How do i sign up to Twitter to condemn this? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:It's not hearsay, I can show you pictures of the accident. In this case something actually happened.
big mervyn wrote:... the establishment press coverage of the incident has been appalling. Not a mention of the other car and it's occupants. The BB fecking C annoy me greatly.
Totally agree.
big mervyn wrote:and I think you're being very generous with regards to certain aspects.
Don't know why you say that, I was trying very hard not to attribute blame to either party. Those who carry out the investigation and can gather all the facts can do that. Or do you already know all the facts? :duck:
There hasn't been a fact posted on here in about 12 years.