Tickets for a good cause

Who needs ebay?

Moderator: Moderators

Crusoe
Novice

Tickets for a good cause

Post by Crusoe »

As mentioned elsewhere, I am 'living-abroad' West Terrace season ticket holder who can only make a handful of games. As it stands because of work and one thing or another, I cannot make the games listed below. I'm not particularly interested in recouping the money as it's not why I bought a ST, but I would like to offer my tickets for sale with the proceeds going to MenCap, Ulster's chosen charity for the year. So if you, or someone you know, is planning on attending and doesn't yet have a ticket, point them in the direction of dropping me a PM and we can organise the transfer. I've tried giving tickets away to friends and family and it's almost as if they're doing ME :roll: a favour at times, so I'd rather the money went to what is clearly a very worthy cause:

(All face value)

26/27/28 Dec - Connacht

There'll probably be more to come in 2015.
Cheers
Last edited by Crusoe on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tickets for a good cause

Post by BR »

Crusoe wrote:As mentioned elsewhere, I am 'living-abroad' West Terrace season ticket holder who can only make a handful of games. As it stands because of work and one thing or another, I cannot make the games listed below. I'm not particularly interested in recouping the money as it's not why I bought a ST, but I would like to offer my tickets for sale with the proceeds going to MenCap, Ulster's chosen charity for the year. So if you, or someone you know, is planning on attending and doesn't yet have a ticket, point them in the direction of dropping me a PM and we can organise the transfer. I've tried giving tickets away to friends and family and it's almost as if they're doing ME :roll: a favour at times, so I'd rather the money went to what is clearly a very worthy cause:
Well ... if you insist ... I suppose I could see what I can do. I'll be looking the usual Ticketmaster fee though ... ;)

Seriously though - fair play to you. :salute: I know these things are a lot simpler to do these days, but if it comes to a point where you need a (reasonably) honest broker on the ground, just shout.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

Thanks BR, anyone who needs one just point them here - you can charge them a liquid 'finders fee' or something :stout:

I'll edit the list as and when I can move them on. I sometimes think I was found somewhere as none of my family/friends, despite regularly asking me 'did you see the game' and generally feigning interest, ever seem to want a freebie to go!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Crusoe wrote:Thanks BR, anyone who needs one just point them here - you can charge them a liquid 'finders fee' or something :stout:

I'll edit the list as and when I can move them on. I sometimes think I was found somewhere as none of my family/friends, despite regularly asking me 'did you see the game' and generally feigning interest, ever seem to want a freebie to go!
I may have an occasional taker for you Robo. Tis a splendid thing you are doing :salut: :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

Thanks Baggy, that would be great. Main thing is that tickets aren't wasted like they have been. SUFTUM
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Superb idea RC, and the charity element is hugely commendable. good man!

I've pm'd you there, and might even return for the Connacht option if herself's work can make their mind up about Christmas :D
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Crusoe dear chap two questions:

( 1 ) You spent much time on the island devising ways to escape it. But when you finally escape, your return to Europe is anticlimactic. Nothing you find there, not even friends or family, are described with the same interest evoked earlier by your fortress or farm. Indeed, at the end you return to the island. Why does yerself (or the author) portray the island originally as a place of captivity and then later as a desired destination? :scratch:

( 2 )You expressed very little appreciation of beauty in book. You describe the valley where you build the bower as pleasant, but recognising that some of your early attempts at pottery making are unattractive, and you even acknowledge that Friday is good-looking :roll: . But overall you shows little interest in aesthetics. Is this lack of interest in beauty an important aspect of your character ?

Thanks
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

Kofi Annan wrote:Crusoe dear chap two questions:

( 1 ) You spent much time on the island devising ways to escape it. But when you finally escape, your return to Europe is anticlimactic. Nothing you find there, not even friends or family, are described with the same interest evoked earlier by your fortress or farm. Indeed, at the end you return to the island. Why does yerself (or the author) portray the island originally as a place of captivity and then later as a desired destination? :scratch:

( 2 )You expressed very little appreciation of beauty in book. You describe the valley where you build the bower as pleasant, but recognising that some of your early attempts at pottery making are unattractive, and you even acknowledge that Friday is good-looking :roll: . But overall you shows little interest in aesthetics. Is this lack of interest in beauty an important aspect of your character ?

Thanks
Thought provoking stuff; nice to see a true scholar leaning on Sparky's notes and very useful they are too. I consulted our furry friend and he had this to say:

A marked indifference to beauty is indeed an important feature both of myself and of the novel. Not only do I devote little attention to the visual attractions of my Caribbean landscape, but I have hardly any interest in more abstract forms of beauty, such as beauty of character or of experience. Beautiful ideas like heroism or moral excellence, for example, rarely enter my head.
My ordeal was not merely the adventure tale it seems at first, but a moral and religious illustration of the virtues of solitude and self-reliance. At the beginning, I could only perceive isolation as a punishment. But I learned to relish my solitude. My panic at the sight of a footprint shows how I came to view other humans as threatening invaders of my private realm. My fellow 'humans' in Europe undoubtedly also represent not the advantages of society, but the loss of empowered solitude, and I merely dreamt of a return to my 'kingdom'.

And such is the nature of the coloniser, filled with petty attempts to impose grotesque laws and societal systems on the island that really have no place here. For instance the erection of Stormont Sand Castle and a power-sharing executive with the Spanish proved a false dawn; I was only too happy to turn my back on thoughts of an independent province when English mutineers showed up and advised that Tesco would remove my supply of Jim Beam should I 'go it alone'. But finding my inheritance cut off and with little hope of re-integration, I returned and have set myself to the heinous task of re-educating the savages of 'lower england'. As for fancying Friday..well he can do wonders with a couple of runny eggs and a slice of fried slim.

Hope this helps.
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

Sadly can't make the Leicester or Treviso game - both those up for grabs at face value - please drop me a PM and cheers to those who purchased the others.
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

Many thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket - you contributed £70 quid to the MENCAP appeal that the club supported this year. >clapping
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Nice one, Crusoe!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oooops, have to say I forgot all about you Robo, I could have swollen the coffers a few times. :duh: :duh: :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

No worries - only a few of the games didn't go - mostly Welsh/Italian none too surprisingly. Have had to give up my season ticket this year as emigrating to New Zealand in December, so I'll be doing the odd bit of buying myself this season.

Cheers