Toaster

Who needs ebay?

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Toaster

Post by BaggyTrousers » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You'd think that...... but just two slices :shock: I can't be doing with waiting around, us semi-retired people have people to see, places to go.
I'm more of a croissant man myself.....
Your toaster has no croissant setting? Good God, how very common. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heated croissants :scratch: :scratch: what sort of a savage heats their croissants?
Well young Snipe, actually, the French do. When Mrs T and I were honeymooning in Paris many moons ago, our croissants et chocolat chaud arrived at the bedroom door, warm and fresh every morning with a cheery "got moaning". They provided butter of course, but for me, a decent croissant should have more than enough butter in the baking so, just a smidgeon of cherry or raspberry conserve sufficed as I recall.

All that said, croissants in general are overrated.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Toaster

Post by Snipe Watson » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You'd think that...... but just two slices :shock: I can't be doing with waiting around, us semi-retired people have people to see, places to go.
I'm more of a croissant man myself.....
Your toaster has no croissant setting? Good God, how very common. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heated croissants :scratch: :scratch: what sort of a savage heats their croissants?
Well young Snipe, actually, the French do. When Mrs T and I were honeymooning in Paris many moons ago, our croissants et chocolat chaud arrived at the bedroom door, warm and fresh every morning with a cheery "got moaning". They provided butter of course, but for me, a decent croissant should have more than enough butter in the baking so, just a smidgeon of cherry or raspberry conserve sufficed as I recall.

All that said, croissants in general are overrated.
:duh: :duh: I'm decrying croissants that have been reheated using a toaster as you alluded
Your toaster has no croissant setting?
or even worse a microwave, not croissants fresh and warm from the oven.
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Toaster

Post by BaggyTrousers » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:53 am

Well, you say that, but how am I to know if mein host, M.Norman, arose with the birds and by the sweat of his brow, produced a batch of warm, almost toasty fresh croissants, or if he was a charlatan and mere bossed some shop bought into the oven at gas mark 3 for 30 seconds or indeed put them in his high quality toaster, on croissant setting for an 8 second blast, then passing the whole shemozzle off as "zee lovely toasty warm croissants"?

I suspect you are now understanding the complexities involved here. Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if you were just now rushing to your closest electrical retailer to purchase a new toaster with croissant setting so in future you may enjoy the illusion of freshly baked croissants. The bonus of course being you can pass on your shyte toaster to HWM, claim your pint and savour it in the certain knowledge you have done the environment a favour.

Result. :cheers:

M.Norman would be a very old man by now if he's still on the sod but he was incredibly kind to a couple of wee Ulster folk, I hope he enjoyed a good life and maybe still is.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5623
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)
Contact:

Re: Toaster

Post by HwoodMike2umate » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Still no toaster :(
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Toaster

Post by BaggyTrousers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 am

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Still no toaster :(
Well it's hardly my fault, I've tried to talk Snipe into it on your behalf. I tink a modicum of gratitude would be appropriate hea.

Yutes.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5623
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)
Contact:

Re: Toaster

Post by HwoodMike2umate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:10 am

A Facebook Friend has come to my rescue. Have to collect toaster tonight :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh

User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13662
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Toaster

Post by Cap'n Grumpy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:37 pm

HwoodMike2umate wrote:A Facebook Friend has come to my rescue. Have to collect toaster from Tesco tonight :)
Fixed

FB friend also known as PWRMoore :thumleft:
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5623
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)
Contact:

Re: Toaster

Post by HwoodMike2umate » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:37 am

No, Lynda actually. And it came with free delivery. But havent checked it works yet. Report will follow.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Toaster

Post by Rooster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:57 am

HwoodMike2umate wrote:No, Lynda actually. And it came with free delivery. But havent checked it works yet. Report will follow.
Perhaps best to set it in the garden plugged into an extension lead and switch on from a safe distance !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

Post Reply