Baa Baa tickets

Who needs ebay?

Moderator: Moderators

bangorboy
Steward

Re: Baa Baa tickets

Post by bangorboy »

Surprised at the poor sales for this one - Baa Baas played some outstanding rugby last week against the Boks. A team of mostly young guys as opposed to the normal end of career picks of last few seasons. Worth the ticket price just to get a look at Nemani Nadolo playing for Fiji - the guy is some player.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Maybe if UR stopped pushing product and understood why people go to see these games instead
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:was handed 6 corporate tickets by someone on a committee… can't give them away it seems. I give them to good cause..
If they're available I'm sure i can find an owner
felt they needed to go to a good cause…. so give them to Young man (anyone remember him)..

Anyhow UR have done a good job of last minute promotion (sorry free handouts to anyone) and the crowd has almost doubled in size in the last week. Not quite sold out but at least a respectable 15,000 plus.
Free handouts probably will have a low turnout so I don't see anywhere near 15k tickets distributed, checked yesterday and most of family stand available, memorial showing sold out, when it was barely half sold a few days ago, 2 sections at each end almost empty plus the centre section above the committee box and about a third of the premium stand.
At the time of the Munster match there were just over 5k tickets gone, note I didn't say sold.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote: felt they needed to go to a good cause…. so give them to Young man (anyone remember him)..
No.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: felt they needed to go to a good cause…. so give them to Young man (anyone remember him)..
No.
BR.. he is down on his luck since the heydays of our former CEO and his match day corporate events..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:was handed 6 corporate tickets by someone on a committee… can't give them away it seems. I give them to good cause..
If they're available I'm sure i can find an owner
felt they needed to go to a good cause…. so give them to Young man (anyone remember him)..

Anyhow UR have done a good job of last minute promotion (sorry free handouts to anyone) and the crowd has almost doubled in size in the last week. Not quite sold out but at least a respectable 15,000 plus.
Free handouts probably will have a low turnout so I don't see anywhere near 15k tickets distributed, checked yesterday and most of family stand available, memorial showing sold out, when it was barely half sold a few days ago, 2 sections at each end almost empty plus the centre section above the committee box and about a third of the premium stand.
At the time of the Munster match there were just over 5k tickets gone, note I didn't say sold.
15,000 projection… but then a sell out isn't a sell out anymore..

ps.. I note that the baabaas line up to the national anthem of the host nation as confirmed last week at Twickenham against the Boks.. Ahh it wouldn't be Belfast without a good anthem debate do you think anyone at Spanners knows the anthem of the host nation this evening?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The BaaBaas Anthem is GSTQ as the BaaBaas are apparently a British Team
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

They will probably play the Fiji anthem only...and of course the Fijians will be performing their "haka" called the Cibi.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:They will probably play the Fiji anthem only...and of course the Fijians will be performing their "haka" called the Cibi.
If Q chubes are involved they will probably get it all wrong, and forget to turn off the pa for 2 mins silence, then again they might forget that as well.

Aquinas carpark not open tonight either but at least I see the park and ride is running even though neither are practical to get to from my direction
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:They will probably play the Fiji anthem only...and of course the Fijians will be performing their "haka" called the Cibi.
If Q chubes are involved they will probably get it all wrong, and forget to turn off the pa for 2 mins silence, then again they might forget that as well.

Aquinas carpark not open tonight either but at least I see the park and ride is running even though neither are practical to get to from my direction
Are both park and ride car parks not very close to each other?

Would they never think of having one around Yorkgate, Blacks Rd etc?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Are both park and ride car parks not very close to each other?

Would they never think of having one around Yorkgate, Blacks Rd etc?
Far too sensible Damian, one out around Shaws Bridge would be handy. Or a bus link to the train stations but N'orn Irn does not do public transport well at all, and I'm not even thinking about free transport.
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In week three of my current migrain episode, my head is banging today and I have decided not to go. Accordingly anyone who wants it is welcome to my ticket in the memorial stand free of charge, though if you wanted to put a couple of quid in a poppy collection box I'd be happy. Right behind the posts, PM if you want it
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

will both teams be wearing poppies on their shirts tonight? or has that caused another headache for UR again.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Not playing GSTQ is a tad disrespectful
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:Not playing GSTQ is a tad disrespectful
Joke... but then I must be a bigot.