Petrol Prices 2009/2025- post updates here

Who needs ebay?

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Petrol Prices 2009/2014 - post updates here

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Tescos Knocknagoney and Tescos Ballymena both 114.9. Applegreen at 115.8. Think this is the first time Tescos cheaper than Applegreen.
Expect Tesco petrol in North Daaaan to be competitive for a brave wee while :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: Petrol Prices 2009/2014 - post updates here

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Applegreen (M2) down 1p yesterday to 114.8 which makes it cheapest at the minute as far as I know. Heading down south tomorrow for the weekend. Do I fill up at Tesco (Knocknagoney) tonight & use my 6p off a litre voucher or do I fill up down south and if so where and when? Anyone passed the Applegreens on the way to Dublin recently? Discuss asap.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: Petrol Prices 2009/2015 - post updates here

Well that didn't last long. Less than a week in fact. Applegreen (M2) back up 1p to 115.8 this morning :(
Thank goodness I have earned 10p off a litre in Tesco.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Applegreen (M2) still sitting at 115.8 (and Tescos, K'nagoney 114.9) despite Brent Crude hovering for a good while around $56, the lowest it has been since March 2015. Why no price drop? Discuss asap.
On more positive note for folks heading into Donegal its a quite reasonable 103.9 (Sterling) at the Esso/Eurospar (which also has a hole in the wall machine inside) on the main N13 beside Newtowncunningham.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Why is derv cheaper than unleaded?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Why is derv cheaper than unleaded?
Aye, good question, since getting home at the weekend I've noticed almost no difference between petrol & diesel, some with petrol a little cheaper, one or two with diesel cheaper.

What's happening, not long ago I was paying 6/7p more for diesel?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Why is derv cheaper than unleaded?
Aye, good question, since getting home at the weekend I've noticed almost no difference between petrol & diesel, some with petrol a little cheaper, one or two with diesel cheaper.

What's happening, not long ago I was paying 6/7p more for diesel?
Simple, there is an imbalance in the supply chain, the Saudi's have too much diesel at present and the proportion of sales of petrol and diesel have changed due to more petrol cars and less diesel because the mpg figures for petrol have improved to the extent that diesel cars extra cost was hard to justify in mpg.
Diesel will get even cheaper compared to petrol for a while yet, now what will really annoy diesel users is that you have been ripped off for the past 2 or 3 months as wholesale price was down but not passed on to customers, the way red diesel has fallen in price there is another 3 or 4 pence at least to drop in the clear stuff.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

This is a petrol heads thread and is NOT a "Where can I fill my car up near the border with dodgy cheap red diesel/derv in 2015" thread so stick to the topic please folks.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fuel parity at Tesco Springhill, 113.9.

Sitting happily half fuel saying, you can do better than that lads. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:This is a petrol heads thread and is NOT a "Where can I fill my car up near the border with dodgy cheap red diesel/derv in 2015" thread so stick to the topic please folks.
You will find most of the dodgy stuff is actually sold in Belfast :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Tesco (Petrol & Diesel) @ Knocknagoney both a ridiculous 115.9 today. So tomorrow we will top up en route again to Donegal at the cheaper Applegreen (M2). a mere 115.8 and I will also have my first ever Greggs pastie :)

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Tesco (Petrol & Diesel) @ Knocknagoney both a ridiculous 115.9 today. So tomorrow we will top up en route again to Donegal at the cheaper Applegreen (M2). a mere 115.8 and I will also have my first ever Greggs pastie :)
Why don't you push the car to Donegal and fill it up for less there ?
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Brent Crude briefly below $50 a barrel - last that low back in January 2015. Useful link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/mark ... traday.stm

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Buggar. Filled up @ Sainsburys on Tuesday (albeit with a 12p off a litre voucher) only to find petrol dropped at most garages by 2p yesterday. :(

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Below £1 if you head across border and Diesel now 88p
Rory Best