Walk the walk.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Are you sure you understood his accent, Monsieur Le PaulL

Was the word definitely "chats"
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

maybe Goody could have a go at explaining it :wink:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

:lol: :lol: Cap'n Grumpy I meet this guy regularly. Nice lad and has ears to show for it. I guess he used to be all of the front row at Bellac (Haut Vienne) and he is an avid French supporter yet. He just doesn’t understand why Best isn’t on to deal with Chabal and he referred to our forwards as "petits chats" and smiled and winked as he said it. No malice just wonderment.

When someone carries 3 x 35Kg bags of cement on one shoulder you don’t get too peed off with him for calling us pussies :wink: :wink:
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

fermain wrote:maybe Goody could have a go at explaining it :wink:
I would if I could work out what word Grumpy is implying .... am I being naive or something :?

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LePaul wrote: When someone carries 3 x 35Kg bags of cement on one shoulder you don’t get too peed off with him for calling us pussies :wink: :wink:
Nah, you kick him in the nuts and run for your life :lol:
The 3 bags of cement should give you a head start :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

A couple of us were walking dejected through the streets of Bordeaux on Sunday morning and one of the local tramps sat up on his park bench as we approached, he held his arm in the air and shouted in eloquent English:

"THE IRISH SPIRIT WILL NEVER DIE....YOU WILL FIGHT EVERY GAME, ALL THE WAY TO THE FINAL!"

Here's to that man :salut:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

You gotta wonder when he last saw Ireland play. Because the spirit seems to be dead already.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cairnsy
Novice

Post by Cairnsy »

That French guy has a point! Who is going to be physical enough to knock Chabal on his Brennan! The answer is on the bench!?!
Would like to hear EOS thoughts on this area of Frances game play!
RIP Nevin Spence - Gone But Never Forgotten
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I'm inclined not to be too focussed on Chabal. I was a season ticket holder at Sale for two seasons and he infuriatingly wasted overlap after overlap by his insistence on taking it into contact. And its only once in a blue moon he does something like what he did against namibia the other night.

As long as he doesnt run at ROG :shock:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

And remember that it was 14man Namibia, I'm sure the Irish aren't losing to much sleep over it.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

ColinM wrote
As long as he doesnt run at ROG
Chabal will eat him for a snack. LaPorte, in the previous 2 encounters in the 6N's has openly stated, prior to the match, that the French will target the No10 channel as its our weakest link. And they did, and they won (restart problems or no restart problems).

You bet your life they'll be on ROBOT faster than you can say ROBOT. Hopefully Reddan will give him more accurate quick ball so that he can clear it before they get to him (presupposing he can use it wisely like finding touch for example).

Another thing the French guy said this morning was that when he saw the Irish starting 15 against Georgia, they had a look of people who believed they had a right to be there and not honoured to be there. Interesting view I thought.

No ColinM I disagree, we need Neil Best on from the start to fend off Chabal as Sebastien will destroy our forwards - all of them.

Rooster you having a laugh. He'd throw them, one at a time, and then plaster me to the wall. :wink:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The only one that walked tonight was O'Connell :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cairnsy
Novice

Post by Cairnsy »

Behaving like a true vice captain! :lol: yea right!
RIP Nevin Spence - Gone But Never Forgotten
doodle
Novice

Post by doodle »

How's the moat doing LePaul? I hope you have earplugs to go with it :oops:
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

doodle - under siege - Red Hand at half mast but fighting till the bitter end.

To be honest, my neighbours are more bemused by our non-appearance. They seriously expected that we would come out all guns blazing and whack them. They honestly thought that, despite the first 2 pool games, we would avenge Croke Park.

I have said on this Forum and here in France that this World Cup would see Ireland embarrassed and seen for what we are, or rather have. A failed coach and his inept strategy of non development, a team that has split the country into 3 parts and against each other and who have become way to high for themselves and a governing body who has been hoodwinked by one of the best salesmen in the history of Irish rugby.

Now you try saying all that in French :wink: :wink: