Timoci to sign...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Timoci to sign...

Post by GerryO' »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Everyone at ravers ready to make "siren" noises every time he gets the ball?
:lol:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
epaddy
Novice

Post by epaddy »

GerryO' wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Everyone at ravers ready to make "siren" noises every time he gets the ball?
:lol:
8th?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Good luck to him.

It is going to be a big culture shock for a young guy moving half way around the world from Fiji to N Ireland and NI weather and temperatures are hardly Fijian-like so I hope he settles in well and does a great job on the pitch.
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

Call me a boring old conservative but why don't we wait and see if has been signed him before we start wishing him well in his new post! :roll:
"You can't please all the people all the time!" Mr. Robert Marley
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

can he tackle? I expect not...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

againstthehead wrote:can he tackle? I expect not...
why :scratch:
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

Now that's what I call a police uniform:

http://www.police.gov.fj/change%20of%20guards.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonder if Kukri do skirts.
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming "Stand up for the Ulstermen" ..... but feel free to cast aspersions on their tackling ability for no apparent reason! :roll:
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

call it a hunch... hope I'm proved wrong. Playing in Fiji is a world away from a wet friday night down in Cork. If he does come over I imagine it will take him a while to adjust to the vastly different playing styles and indeed weather! That said, it's hard to beat raw pace and strength.

:stir:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Captain Chaos
Initiate

Post by Captain Chaos »

againstthehead wrote:call it a hunch... hope I'm proved wrong. Playing in Fiji is a world away from a wet friday night down in Cork. If he does come over I imagine it will take him a while to adjust to the vastly different playing styles and indeed weather! That said, it's hard to beat raw pace and strength.

:stir:
God damn has Munster gone and signed him?
"You can't please all the people all the time!" Mr. Robert Marley
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

Thank you mum, sensation says
RODNEY DUTHIE
Saturday, July 12, 2008

IRELAND-bound Timoci Nagusa has paid tribute to his family, especially mum, Luisa, for being the pillar behind his rugby career.

The 20-year-old, who turns a year older on Monday, received an early birthday gift and will complete Ulster's new-look squad for next season after being lined-up by coach Matt Williams as the replacement for Ireland wing Tommy Bowe.

Last night, Nagusa's family cooked up a feast at Dratabu Village, in Nadi, to celebrate the winger's success on the rugby paddock and his new job as a professional player.

"I think I owe it to my family for all the support they have given me," the new-find said.

"My mum deserves a lot of credit because she's always backed me in my career and I want to thank her for that.

"I want to thank my work and team mates at the Police Mobile Unit for pushing me on with my rugby career. They've always been there for me."

Nagusa's mum, Luisa, said her son was a special kid and came from a rugby family, with his uncle the renowned Vuniani Varo, blockbusting former Fiji winger.

"When he was small, he always wanted to play rugby so I encouraged him to try and reach the highest level there is on the rugby paddock," the proud mother said.

"At a young age, his uncle Vuniani Varo always told him to make a name for himself in rugby and he is doing just that.

"I am happy for him and wish him all the best."

Nagusa is one of several Fijian players who have scored contracts with clubs overseas. He leaves the country at the end of the month.

He said he was ready for the "new challenges". "It's every Fijian players dream to secure a contract with an overseas club, It was my dream," he said.
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=94837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
_hodge_
Novice

Post by _hodge_ »

Dewi Barnes wrote:More news here: -
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 881553.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the way they referred to us as one of the top Irish clubs, one of the top four i presume !! :D
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I like the way they referred to us as one of the top Irish clubs, one of the top four i presume !!
I'm lost. I can find no reference to that. :scratch:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

"Elusive winger Timoci Nagusa has been recruited by top Irish club Ulster after his rose to stardom in the recent Pacific Nations Cup."

This is from pip14's reference to

http://www.fijisun.com.fj/main_page/view.asp?id=2314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Ah so le thingy has nothing to do with underlinehodgeunderline or dewi barnes - my sanity has been restored. Thank you.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum