Ulster v Worcester

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Ulster v Worcester

Post by nonplussed »

just back from ravers, a very poor game, ref was way out of his depth, I genuinely have never seen worse game management in my life. However, I'm a little concerned after that performance, our error count was astronomical, and I can only pick out two performance of note. Paul Marshall punches way above his weight, and his all round game impressed. Kieran Dawson also rolled back the years, but unfortunately the rest were at sixes and sevens. Chris Henry didn't take his chance, Brady is in my opinon 3rd choice hooker now, and Matt McC lacks the pace to be a genuine 6 unfortunately, so i can imagine his game time will be from the bench more and more. Nagusa, although very quick still has a lot to learn, but i guess we did sign potential so i don't want to be too harsh on him.

iHumph (the humph for the digital age) had a decent run out, nothing spectacular, nothing bad...playing himself in nicely imo.

I have to keep reminding myself this is the start of a 3 year plan, and we should not expect fireworks immediately, although it is hard not to come away from that a little disappointed.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Worcester

Post by fermain »

yes, good to start a new thread... what went wrong?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Matt Williams said,
"There were lots n lots of pluses out there.

it was really, really hard work, we've done a lot of it but theres still a lot to do"
obviously!

hmmm, having watched the highlights (what there was) we looked small compared to the warriors, and our mistakes were atrocious...
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Worcester just muscled us out of it, in saying that we done ourselves no favours with our error count.

Front row were mangled imo but they stuck at it manfully, maybe the Court switch was the problem.

Marshalls service was terrific will be pushing Boss hard.

Still not convinced with Humph though he did seem steadier the longer he played.

Dewey again made an impression with his direct running.

Again hard to judge where we are, again too many subs...............can't be any more positive.

Oh yeah..................the ref was a tube.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

we are missing leadership and more importantly some streetwise players, we have pseudo enforcers in Matt and ryan, but we really need that little bit of barsteward with savvy. Ulster have been easily bullied for some time, but that doesn't seem to have changed. Plus our error count was massive!
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

judging by the highlights McCrae had a bad game
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

as did Nagusa, McCrea i feel will go the same way as MAxwell, Young and McKenzie.
bootlace

Post by bootlace »

McPepper wrote:judging by the highlights McCrae had a bad game
what you can judge a players game with roughly a minutes tv footage :scratch:
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

browner wrote: Oh yeah..................the ref was a tube.
I'll second that
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ali c wrote:
browner wrote: Oh yeah..................the ref was a tube.
I'll second that
A tube with bells on and a dunces cap :roll:
Very few of that team will be in the squad next week, a lot of young lads with a lot still to learn.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

the squad are psyched up to outperform Worcester tomorrow night, with another spirited performance that will help to convince any doubters that this team is ready for the new season ahead.
Perhaps now someone will realise that this should never have been written.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

bootlace wrote:
McPepper wrote:judging by the highlights McCrae had a bad game
what you can judge a players game with roughly a minutes tv footage :scratch:

I saw that he made a horrible defenisve error and fluffed a scoring oppurtunity
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Just seen the highlights on BBC NI Newsline...they showed 3 Worcester tries and McCrae had a poor attempt of a tackle for the 2nd try and lost the ball for the 3rd. McCrae scored but the try was made by Dewey.
Red Hand PD
Novice

Post by Red Hand PD »

Yea ref was very poor, don't know how many dodgy line out throws and fwd passes he missed!

Ulster just aren't clinical enough ... the number of knock-ons was criminal, dropped the ball over the line and seemed to lack any idea of what to do within 20M of opposition line. We made a hash of things a couple of times resulting in 2 of their tries (don't know how we lost the ball from back of our scrum and McCrae's mistake :oops: ), but trying to stay positive the young guys will have learnt a lot tonight (still a long way to go for many!) and Dewey looks like a class act, direct and powerful running and manages to off-load.
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Anyone else think Nagusa sort of panics in the tackle and tries too hard to offload in the tackle... it amounted to at least 2 knock ons..
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.