Positives & Negatives: Ulster V The Ladyboys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V The Ladyboys

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

ArticDonkey wrote:Isaac Boss getting MOTM, he did great for his try but some of his passing was dodgy, one in particular went straight into chris henry's face. Should have gone to a forward.
henry got motm on TV - magners league man of match (i think it's called). he really stood out in a monumental pack display.

great pace by hugo for his try and he's also to be praised for his conservatism last night, few attempts to get the backs moving when forward's possession was required, no box kicking when it might have been tempting to test leinster under a high ball more often...

but, cave was also nailed trying to collect a boss pass above his head.

game like that the scrum half really dictates the play and game mgt becomes his remit, not outhalf's. in this respect boss was excellent, although i'd agree the forwards collectively were the stars and individually henry was top drawer
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

ArticDonkey wrote:+

Not being able to put BOD on his ar$e. I know he's mercurial at times but players seem to back off and give him space probably because they know hes going to step.
Strangely enough I'd regard this as almost a positive, BOD was outstanding last night and it was a joy to watch, it added to the occasion for me. What more can you ask for? A virtuoso performance from O'Driscoll and yet Ulster still win! Great stuff.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
ArticDonkey wrote:Isaac Boss getting MOTM, he did great for his try but some of his passing was dodgy, one in particular went straight into chris henry's face. Should have gone to a forward.
henry got motm on TV - magners league man of match (i think it's called). he really stood out in a monumental pack display.
Yup - Henry was Ciaran Fitz's choice of MOTM on Setanta.

+ve was one of Trimble's "big hits" coming off without missing his man and looking stupid. He totally milled D'Arcy in the first half and D'Arce took a few minutes to recover (and never really featured in the game anyway)
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

mikerob wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Yup - Henry was Ciaran Fitz's choice of MOTM on Setanta.

+ve was one of Trimble's "big hits" coming off without missing his man and looking stupid. He totally milled D'Arcy in the first half and D'Arce took a few minutes to recover (and never really featured in the game anyway)
I was standing pretty close to where that hapened and I felt it.....was absolutely astounded that he got back up :salut:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Looked worse, thought Darce milked it.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

browner wrote:Looked worse, thought Darce milked it.
Why would D'Arcy milk it, footballer-esque, in front of a jeering Terrace.

He was HAMMERED!!

Nacewa got thumped as well in the second half, right in front of us, by Tuohy i think! Rooster you neeed to get both of them on the videos!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:

He was HAMMERED!!

Nacewa got thumped as well in the second half, right in front of us, by Tuohy i think! Rooster you neeed to get both of them on the videos!
Correct Jackie, just picked that bit out for highlights, have to find the DArcy one though :scratch:
The one thing that really confused me, Gusher and even Ciaran Fitz was what the heck was the penalty against Trimble for that lead to the try in first half, tv coverage shows what I saw, Trimble defensivly kicking ball to touch then next minute penalty awarded :scratch: any terrace dwellers see why ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

Was going to post this on a separate thread, but would fit well under 'negatives'

To the 99.9% of Leinster supporters at Ravenhill last night, thank you for visiting Belfast, you were sporting, courteous, and a pleasure to have as guests, you might not have enjoyed the weather, might not have been enamoured by the result, but I hope you experienced a warm and friendly welcome from Ulster, and will be welcomed again.

To the 0.1% who were stood behind me on the terrace, and whose vocabulary consisted of a handful of words, mostly comprised of ‘stupid’, ‘f***ing’ ‘b****rd and ‘c**t’, do yourselves, your fellow decent supporters, your team, and us a favour, stay at home next time.

Rant over, well done Ulster, great result from hard work.
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

No the mrs asked me what it was for at the time, i said i had no idea and got an earful about how i was the one that was meant to understand what was going on :roll:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Jackie Brown wrote:

He was HAMMERED!!

Not saying he didn't feel it but he most definitely was not hammered....Trimble actually pulled back.

What has football got to do with it?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

He was HAMMERED!!

Correct Jackie, just picked that bit out for highlights, have to find the DArcy one though :scratch:
The one thing that really confused me, Gusher and even Ciaran Fitz was what the heck was the penalty against Trimble for that lead to the try in first half, tv coverage shows what I saw, Trimble defensivly kicking ball to touch then next minute penalty awarded :scratch: any terrace dwellers see why ?

Because he was a complete tube and was being pressed by the Leinster players who wanted the ball trying to force a quick lineout (which was never going to happen) and Trimble wouldn't give them the ball back he got pinged for it. Absolutely no need for it and to make matters worse it indrectly resulted in Horua getting the yellow and then from this penalty Trimble was ball watching and left a huge gap outside for Berne to score - not his most auspicious 60 secs on the pitch. I could have strangle him at half time!!.

However......what a result, went home thoroughly delighted :cheers:
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Rooster wrote:The one thing that really confused me, Gusher and even Ciaran Fitz was what the heck was the penalty against Trimble for that lead to the try in first half, tv coverage shows what I saw, Trimble defensivly kicking ball to touch then next minute penalty awarded :scratch: any terrace dwellers see why ?
Was that the incident down at the beer tent/Terrace corner? I think the ref gave it because Trimble (?) wouldn't let Leinster have the ball back to take a quick throw (even though they couldn't have taken one). Resulted in some pushing and shoving and the Blessed Brian punching Brady, watched by the TJ and the Ref.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

moondance wrote: Blessed Brian punching Brady, watched by the TJ and the Ref.
Punching? Jeez... it was a push at best... wouldn't even deserve the term handbags.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Thanks for that , no one had a clue over our side as to what happened.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

mikerob wrote:
moondance wrote: Blessed Brian punching Brady, watched by the TJ and the Ref.
Punching? Jeez... it was a push at best... wouldn't even deserve the term handbags.
Definitely a punch in fact he had another go and missed.........can't vouch for their effectivness.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.