Good Luck Ulster!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Good Luck Ulster!

Post by pwrmoore »

My understanding is that the ERC post match times in local time. So the game should be at 16:45 CET which is 15:45 GMT

Don't be late!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
tommya
Novice

Post by tommya »

Sky sports 3 red button

Cmonnnnnnnnn Ulster
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

pwrmoore wrote:My understanding is that the ERC post match times in local time. So the game should be at 16:45 CET which is 15:45 GMT

Don't be late!
ERC site gives ko time for last week's game at Ravenhill as 13:35 - that was GMT.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sky Sports 3 and 3HD on the red button and should be recordable for those with Sky+
3:45 pm or 15:45 Ulster time 4:45 pm or 16:45 Brussels time
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:Depends where you look. Rooster posted a Planet Rugby link earlier today which had it at 14:45 NI time.

I am planning for 15:45 NI time however.
:shock: never read or wrote it cables 15:45 Ulster time is correct :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Time to stand up and be the first side to win a HEC match in Belgium :cheers: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

moondance wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:My understanding is that the ERC post match times in local time. So the game should be at 16:45 CET which is 15:45 GMT

Don't be late!
ERC site gives ko time for last week's game at Ravenhill as 13:35 - that was GMT.
which was the local time where the match was being played........
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

pwrmoore wrote:
moondance wrote:

Don't be late!
which was the local time where the match was being played........
:banghead: :oops:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Good luck for the game to get played!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Anyone know the competition rules if a game is cancelled.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I have found only rules regarding abandonment (after game starts) but delay and/or change of venue have been done before where the match was 'unplayable'.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

From campaignseries.co.uk

http://www.campaignseries.co.uk/sport/l ... tz_switch/

"All home teams must under competition rules declare an alternative ground for their particular game should conditions prevent it going ahead, and the Scarlets’ new stadium does have the benefit of undersoil heating."

Was there not an Italian team a few years ago who had to concede points due to having no alternative playable pitch?
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Was there not an Italian team a few years ago who had to concede points due to having no alternative playable pitch?
Yes. Viadana v Northampton.

Think it was initially delayed and again found to be unplayable. I believe Viadana refused to then play the fixture at an alternative venue. The competition organiser (ERC) awarded Northampton the match points with a try bonus after consideration in committee.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Doubts over Stade v Ulster match
Heineken Cup

The Heineken Cup game between Stade Francais and Ulster in Brussels on Saturday is in doubt because of a frozen pitch.

A 0900 GMT inspection at the King Baudouin Stadium was inconclusive and a further inspection is scheduled to take place at 1300.

There is a possibility the game will be moved to Sunday if the pitch is declared unplayable.

The teams are level at the top of Pool Four on nine points.
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

Re Viadana, thought there was, couldn't remember, but didn't realise it was a refusal to play that cost the points, thanks cables.
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

ERC Press Release - Viadana Hearing
13 April 2006, 6:45 pm
Viadana appeared before an independent Disciplinary Committee in Dublin today (Thursday, 13 April)...
...and were found guilty of misconduct complaints lodged against the club by the ERC Disciplinary Officer and fined a total of Euros 3,500.

The complaints arose from the twice postponed Round 6 European Challenge Cup Pool 1 match between Viadana and Northampton Saints, which was originally scheduled for Friday, 20 January, 2006.

The Disciplinary Committee was chaired by Brian McLoughlin (Ireland) and also comprised Mark McParland and Hugh Logan, both Ireland.

The fixture was postponed on Friday, 20 January 2006 and again postponed on Saturday, 21 January.

Viadana chose to forfeit the game rather than travel to an alternative venue for a rescheduled match. The fixture was referred to the ERC Board of Directors, as per ERC regulations, who awarded the game to Northampton Saints and subsequently directed the ERC Disciplinary Officer to proceed with misconduct complaints against Viadana.

The independent Disciplinary Committee found Viadana guilty of:

i) failure to take suitable actions to prepare their pitch.
Viadana were fined Euros 1,000.

ii) failure to fulfil the fixture.
Viadana were fined Euros 2,500.

The committee took into consideration all the evidence and arguments presented by both parties. They also took into account the importance of pretecting the integrity of the ERC tournaments as well as mitigating factors on the part of Viadana.