Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Post by backawaygoonahead »

In the words of Jimmy Young "would yis stap fighten!" A load of split hairs hereabouts, call in the hairdresser or yous'l luk a site.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

weenotion wrote:R u sure that the squad is sorted?
Pedrie Wannenberg article says that just the NIQ's r sorted.

"This signing completes Ulster’s impressive quota of non-irish qualified players for the coming season."

Doesn't say that the squad is sorted.

Agree that Players who are not on International duty will have started pre-season.
Just to split hairs further, in the Wannenburg article:
Commenting from Ulster Rugby, Director of Rugby Operations, David Humphreys wrote:"Ulster Rugby is looking forward to welcoming Pedrie, another world class South African forward, to Belfast adding the final piece to the Ulster squad for the 2010-11 season.
Saying that, I'm never sure I trust everything I read!
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

nonplussed wrote:to point out I said 'the possibility' of Cillian Willis going the other way not his departure being a done deal.

I also said i was hearing it was its a done deal in the 'Duffy to Ulster thread?' meaning Duffy to Ulster, at no point did i say the Willis thing was definate, and am glad he is staying as i rate him above Marshall. so please if you are going to spout patronising blanket statements, firstly please work out what your accusing people of!
must say that's how I read it all as well... it seems Billyboy is strangely reluctant to explicitly rule out Duffy coming :D so my guess is that where there's smoke there's fire in this case..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
weenotion
Novice

Post by weenotion »

Big Nose wrote:

"This signing completes Ulster’s impressive quota of non-irish qualified players for the coming season."

Agree that Players who are not on International duty will have started pre-season.
Commenting from Ulster Rugby, Director of Rugby Operations, David Humphreys wrote:"Ulster Rugby is looking forward to welcoming Pedrie, another world class South African forward, to Belfast adding the final piece to the Ulster squad for the 2010-11 season.
So which is it? Full squad or full NIQ's? Or both?
Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

weenotion wrote:
Big Nose wrote:

So which is it? Full squad or full NIQ's? Or both?
I'm 99% sure we have a full squad - the only thing that might happen is the likes of Tommy Seymour or Chris Cochrane may be upgraded from the Academy.
Always ate your spuds....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Well I think this thread should be relegated to the Rumours section as that is where it belongs at present.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Rooster wrote:Well I think this thread should be relegated to the Rumours section as that is where it belongs at present
What on earth did the "Rumours section" do to deserve this load of kak?
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Duffy has a contract wirth Connacht for next year.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Which as we know can mean very little
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

brianc wrote:
Rooster wrote:Well I think this thread should be relegated to the Rumours section as that is where it belongs at present
Rumours section full of kak usually so it would fit in well, got to be wrong anyway as dogs have not heard of it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:
brianc wrote:
Rumours section full of kak usually so it would fit in well, got to be wrong anyway as dogs have not heard of it.

with the history of our particular street-dogs I'd have thought that the absense of dogs barking about it was likely to lend credibility rather than reduce it :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
joesoap25
Novice

Post by joesoap25 »

Apparantly Duffy is on only the second year of a three year contract. If we're willing to buy him out of a two contract then dam we must be richer than I thought otherwisw he's not coming to Ulster
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He not even asked to come to us.
Rory Best
ninjamop
Novice

Post by ninjamop »

ha ha duffies a tube
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

ninjamop wrote:ha ha duffies a tube
Firstly, a warm welcome on your first day here. Must be a bit like a new school, all bright and shiney :D Great to see you are in such great spirits.

Next, your posting shows a high level of erudition notwithstanding a certain lack of punctuation & a bizarre attempt at throwing in a plural for Duffy? :shock:

Overall, if it weren't for the clear evidence of the last 12 months, I would agree wholeheartedly with your assessment :duck:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.