Top 4 Predictions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Re: Top 4 Predictions

Post by ardsrugbyards »

againstthehead wrote:my gut instinct in that muller is fit, BJ has no chance and Court, well who knows about court... seemed out of sorts V N'ton, pulled out at the last minute V leinster, who knows...

I'm even slightly concerned about getting a win this friday. Connacht will be up for it and if we don't get off to a good start early on then the pressure will build. I'd imagine it will be a very close game.
Court is out for this friday, BJ not looking good either, Muller possible.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

flip, we're runnin out of props... only bigmac, cronin and bear left? Brady used to prop a bit at school lol - get him in there!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

I suppose Adam Macklin will be drafted in. Possibly if BJ is half-fit he will make the bench. Could Jerry Cronin earn his first Ulster start?

I think this game and the next is really a test for the team that will show how far we have come on the mental side of things. In seasons past, after big disappointments, the team has lost confidence and form. They need to stand up and show that this isn't the way it's going to be this year with an emphatic win and performance.

I believe that the leadership of Muller will be essential, so I really hope that he is fit to start the game.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

againstthehead wrote:
I'm even slightly concerned about getting a win this friday. Connacht will be up for it and if we don't get off to a good start early on then the pressure will build. I'd imagine it will be a very close game.
+1

The reality is that this one is going to be a test of our mentality, we have played well in the last 2, but lost, if this is allowed to creep into the players minds there is sways a worry we could suffer an end of season collapse. I don't thinks so though.

Flip it round and a bonus point win would massively lift morale, and set us up beautifully for dragons and beyond. Muller back could make a massive difference.

Injuries are the big worry, the back line must spark, and it's going to be tough with no Trimble or Wallace. We really need Danielli to be fit, and really need him to play a stormer like we all know he can
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

At least the end of the season is going down to the wire and we are involved. A big endorsement of the play off system.

Would be nice if Treviso could do us a favour tomorrow though! Definitely would lower a few blood pressures.
Why? Why not?
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

Nah, Treviso have run out of steam completely. They started really strongly but then hit the rails and I think still have never won away from home in the ML. I would be stunned if they got a result.

I think it's a bit like ourselves (touchwood) on Friday; can they get the full 5 points or will they have to settle for 4?

The bottom line is, we'll start our game against Connacht in the Top 4 and if we win we will remain in the Top 4 until the last day... but a WBP on Friday could be crucial.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

ardsrugbyards wrote:
againstthehead wrote:my gut instinct in that muller is fit, BJ has no chance and Court, well who knows about court... seemed out of sorts V N'ton, pulled out at the last minute V leinster, who knows...

I trust your source is decent and you aren't being a wab?

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

From what I've heard BJ has no chance but Muller is almost cetain to start.

Cronin and McAllister for starting props perhaps with Young and Macklin on the bench.
Would be interesting
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ardglass2 wrote:From what I've heard BJ has no chance but Muller is almost certain to start.
Correct
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Cardiff in lack lustre win over Treviso by 29 to 9.

Munster 75
Leinster 61
Cardiff 60
Ulster 59
Ospreys 58

All these have played 20 games.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
UlsterJock
Initiate

Post by UlsterJock »

cables wrote:Cardiff in lack lustre win over Treviso by 29 to 9.

Munster 75
Leinster 61
Cardiff 60
Ulster 59
Ospreys 58

All these have played 20 games.
Yikes!! this is all getting very edge of the seat stuff, was hoping Treviso would have turned up for this and pulled a number on them :? Big loud voices tomorrow night a must everyone SUFTUM :red:
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
ardsrugbyards wrote:

backawaygoonahead, my source was spot on, so not a wab this time. :salut:
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

surprised that cardiff did not get the BP so I guess that is a positive. 2 tough away games for them but I can see them winning both of them - albeit with no BPs. Methinks our best chance is for the Ospreys to slip up V Munster...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

ardsrugbyards wrote:
backawaygoonahead wrote:
ardsrugbyards wrote:
backawaygoonahead, my source was spot on, so not a wab this time. :salut:
Source clearly impeccable, I was just hoping you were indeed being a wab but am happy no to attest that you are an entirely wab free area. :wink: good job :salut:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

Agreed Against.

In fact if Munster can win and we win, provided we can match bonus points with Ospreys we have 4th spot guaranteed, as they can never beat our wins record. The Munster team is not yet named, but the squad certainly has the potential to win -

Munster Squad: F Jones, S Deasy, D Howlett, S Zebo, L Mafi, P Warwick, K Earls, D Barnes, R O'Gara, P Stringer, C Murray, M Horan, W du Preez, D Hurley, J Hayes, T Buckley, S Archer, D Varley, M Sherry, I Nagle, D O'Callaghan, D Ryan, A Quinlan, D Wallace, T O'Donnell, N Ronan, J Coughlan.