AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheSnapper
Novice

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by TheSnapper »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Well i know Bangor is spalshing the cash a lot...........
who have they signed?
Not 100% sure but i hear they have made major changes to take the club forward.(if employing the coach that got them relegated a few years back is forward thinking).He has brought with him a few of last years Inst 1st XV and Morgan has re-signed from Ards. I believe their (Bangor) Chairman has claimed that they will win the league unbeaten and even might wear a dress if they do, hard league to win unbeaten ,but you can`t knock the confidence. Would be great to see them complete a season without crying a 1st XV game of like last season.

The Dee have also cast their net across the sea to New Zealand and SA.
Ci are my favourites to be in top two of Q1 with their"signings" from AIL teams i hear they to have signed some "interesting" Inst players as well.

Inst are now by favourites to be whipping boys ahead of Rainey :wink:

Clogher now have Glen Kyle back so will be a better year for them.

Limavady have Stephen Ritchie coaching from his spell at Malone and that will make them a far better organised team

Lisburn will be better of that they now have got rid of Cornelius as coach

Academy Still a bunch of arrogant w'@nk3rs and don`t reall care about them

Carrick will just be Carrick mid table and still kicking teams of the park

Larne will be Larne and Kick Carrick of the Park

Grosvenor will continue to upset some teams but until they get some big units in will always struggle

Portadown will once agin try to buy success and once again fail

Ballymoney and Coleraine will slog it out for bragging rights at the Oul Lamas fair

Cooke Will go for it and once in sight of winning the league and promotion, realise it is two expensive to pay players and be in AIL, so throw it

Omagh The dark horse
Available for weddings May to August only
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

That is an excellent summarry Snapper.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Ci spend and spend and spend. Especially their cricket team. Remember they had that test player Craig Macmillan over? They were paying him huge amounts of money.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

TheSnapper wrote:
Not 100% sure but i hear they have made major changes to take the club forward.(if employing the coach that got them relegated a few years back is forward thinking).He has brought with him a few of last years Inst 1st XV and Morgan has re-signed from Ards.

Ci are my favourites to be in top two of Q1 with their"signings" from AIL teams i hear they to have signed some "interesting" Inst players as well.

Inst are now by favourites to be whipping boys ahead of Rainey
Are the old school/club loyalties finished? I guess the cheque book is the new loyalism :oman:
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

by gannonman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:38 am
Ci spend and spend and spend. Especially their cricket team. Remember they had that test player Craig Macmillan over? They were paying him huge amounts of money.
The only things that CI rugby and cricket have in common is the CIYMS name and that they play at the same grounds.

Both the rugby and cricket clubs are run as totally separate entities with their own financial structures in place. :thumright:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

CI - and the same blazers throwing money in...

bangor has brought in a guy to coach who was an assistant or a 2nd XV coach at inst. he is a good guy and will do well there.

a lot of their 1st XV from 2 seasons ago (ie the team that got them promoted to Q1) didnt play last year - fell out with coach and some played 3rds. a lot of those guys back into the fold. suppose tho now that dee CI and academy are all in Q1, their league will be a bit easier now! still some tough outfits in Q2 tho
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

The majority of the money for McMillan was meant to have come from Hughes Insurance, who I see don't sponsor the rugby club so they must have other money men.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

cjp wrote:The majority of the money for McMillan was meant to have come from Hughes Insurance, who I see don't sponsor the rugby club so they must have other money men.
Oh I see so Hughes and Insurance don't have anything to do with the rugby? My mistake sorry.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:CI - and the same blazers throwing money in...

bangor has brought in a guy to coach who was an assistant or a 2nd XV coach at inst. he is a good guy and will do well there.

a lot of their 1st XV from 2 seasons ago (ie the team that got them promoted to Q1) didnt play last year - fell out with coach and some played 3rds. a lot of those guys back into the fold. suppose tho now that dee CI and academy are all in Q1, their league will be a bit easier now! still some tough outfits in Q2 tho
Fell out with their coach or thought they were better than they were? The guy Bangor brought in was he not the same coach that got them relegated in the first place, strange choice but maybe he has learnt that you pick your best players not your best friends. What will happen to the mighty Gryphons now that their best players have decided to support the club and play for the 1st XV. will the Mighty Gryphons become the not so mighty. :duh:
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

cjp wrote:That is an excellent summarry Snapper.
Thank you :salut:
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

gannonman wrote:Ci spend and spend and spend.
Maybe they got an inheritence, or a mystery donor, did the Coach get his car with the CIYMS logo on the side , My tip is they will be pushing for the top spot to shpw the "Chimney Sweeps" who are the masters, well you do need to have your own club to be an AIL side, don`t you (Well except Inst and about another 5 clubs in Eire)
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

Rainey Transfers

In

Stephen Best - Prop - Uster U19 - Coleraine Inst
Nathan Rankin - Lock - Ulster U20
Adam Dysart - Flanker - Coleraine Inst
Alan Clarke - Wing - Coleraine Inst
Mark McErlean - Flanker - Rainey Endowed
Damien McMurray - Centre - Rainey Endowed
Peter Wilson - Scrumhalf/Wing
William Montgomery - Centre - Randalstown

David Goodrcich - Centre - that came in last season from Randalstown and got injured and put him out for rest of season has returned and is back to full fitness and ready for the season

Out

Nathan Amos - Prop - Is away to play professionally in Germany
Mark O'Connor - Fullback - Away to Coventry RFC
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

bangor appointed a new coach who started over the summer.
bloke called rupert.

great guy who will do well for them i would think

they will be a force to be reckoned with in Q2 and could go well in cup comps against Q1 sides - their 1st XV is good enough to be there; trouble for them was their 1st XV was their 3rd XV last year.

not sure of the ins and outs RE: why many of them didnt play for 1sts. some have retired for good, but i know of some who are back training hard and will play for firsts this year. were definitely a club in trouble but they seem to have turned this around judging from the noises ive heard from some of their players.
Last edited by WhiteKnightoftheWeld on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

YoungMan wrote:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:bangor appointed a new coach who started over the summer.
bloke called rupert.

great guy who will do well for them i would think

they will be a force to be reckoned with in Q1 and could go well in cup comps against Q1 sides - their 1st XV is good enough to be there; trouble for them was their 1st XV was their 3rd XV last year.

not sure of the ins and outs RE: why many of them didnt play for 1sts. some have retired for good, but i know of some who are back training hard and will play for firsts this year. were definitely a club in trouble but they seem to have turned this around judging from the noises ive heard from some of their players.
Are they not in Q2.................................Did you not mean Their 3rdXV was their 1st XV :wink:
fixed part one....meant Q2

maybe their 2nds!!!
was no doubt down to poor management/running of the club. nevertheless not good to see a team do so well to gain promotion, then be beaten every game in the league the following year - especially when if they'd kept their promotion winning team together they could have stayed in the league.

CI will find it tough I would think. no matter how hard they've recruited, Q2-Q1 is a big jump. every game is a step up in intensity and its a long season. and despite the CVs of those who theyve recruited, they're still players who for whatever reason dont want to be involved in senior rugby any longer. #iftheystillhadit...
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Can I ask why the IRFU insists in changing the structure of this league every year. What was wrong with it being simply Division 1,2,3? The only good thing this year is that there are more derby matches I can go to and I like what they are doing with Friday nights.