Aironi v Ulster Part Deux Team in OP

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Aironi v Ulster Part Deux

Post by BaggyTrousers »

More than kind of you Dave, had been going to ignore it but........................
Tom wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:PJay?
Why go to the extra effort of the ay after PJ?

It doesn't seem to be catching on :wink:
Well now Tom, for one who has been about here for some time you don't say much, & I'm not commenting on the quality of your posting, so you can only guess at my surprise at this effort. Why you would question a poster as prolific & verbose such as I on such a triffling matter is anyone's guess on.

Of course I might take you a tad more seriously had you displayed more skill with your punctuation - FIXED - nevertheless I will on this occasion respond.

I don't give a flying rat's fart whether or not other posters chose to follow my effortless 4 letter extravagance with "PJay" much as I don't keep a spreadsheet recording the number of people who use the names bestowed on other players/posters by the keyboard of Mr Trousers or indeed, Backaway (Deceased), which proliferate hereabouts. Trust me these monikers are not intended for your entertainment nor anyone else's for that matter.

Hope this helps. :wink:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote: He who dares,Carp
Is that the same as tickling trout?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:
Tom wrote:

It doesnt seem to be catching on :wink:
Hey Tom,

Haven't you read many of Baggy's posts? He clearly is a man (or women whose to say?) who isn't being charged by the letter when he types. All the better we are for it. He's a most eloquent wordsmith with many a witty repost for the numerous numpty's that co-exist on this very forum. Three cheers for Baggaaaaaay!!

:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
hooorrrrrrrraayyyyyyy!!!

Adding to what Petey was saying,
I do think the way we play and approach to the game is a cultural matter and we have to break the mould.
Our whole coaching and managerial enviroment are basically Ulster men born and bred.

I have compared us in the past to a similar situation was at Arsenal FC pre Wenger, when they were a dull team to watch, 1-0 to the arsenal etc and the fans bought into it.
Suddenly Wenger appears and they become the most exciting team in the country and they won stuff too.

Think it would only take one man with a similar vision to transform our perceptions as well as the team, possibly not from these isles.

I just think its not in our collective make up to have a cavalier, Leinster style approach to the game.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I agree with that but I also think there is an issue about what happens on the board when we lose a few matches - weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't start to describe it and that's only Big-Al. If we want the much maligned coaches to try new/young players (and I do) then we have to display a bit of patience. There have been players who came in and were an instant hit, at least in season 1 (Trimble, Spence, Rory Best, etc), but others have taken time to gel and find the correct position (Paddy W, Chris Henry, perhaps even T Bowe). That's why I think we need to have some restraint rather than going down the poofball route of demanding instant and sustained success.
Bo***cks to Brexit
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I see what you are saying Rock and in my view you may have to break eggs to make an omlette.
In other words you may have to swallow a few set backs before you reap rewards.
Playing PJ would be a gamble but in the long term would have benefits
People would agree with that but just not on playing him this Saturday.
I would say that is a great time to try him against arguably the tournaments worst team and if it does not come off give it a chance.

We will need something different, not tried and tested to get to the quarters.

When Schmidt came in at leinster with his new ideas etc you may recall they lost a few and they were calling for his head!
When changes come in you have to be patient and stick by people.
Look at Fergie at Man U!

Having said that we are more than used to losing but I would rather go down in a blaze of glory rather than the wimper we have become accustomed to.
Tom
Novice

Post by Tom »

BaggyTrousers wrote:More than kind of you Dave, had been going to ignore it but........................
Tom wrote:

It doesn't seem to be catching on :wink:
Well now Tom, for one who has been about here for some time you don't say much, & I'm not commenting on the quality of your posting, so you can only guess at my surprise at this effort. Why you would question a poster as prolific & verbose such as I on such a triffling matter is anyone's guess on.

Of course I might take you a tad more seriously had you displayed more skill with your punctuation - FIXED - nevertheless I will on this occasion respond.

I don't give a flying rat's fart whether or not other posters chose to follow my effortless 4 letter extravagance with "PJay" much as I don't keep a spreadsheet recording the number of people who use the names bestowed on other players/posters by the keyboard of Mr Trousers or indeed, Backaway (Deceased), which proliferate hereabouts. Trust me these monikers are not intended for your entertainment nor anyone else's for that matter.

Hope this helps. :wink:
Thanks Baggy, I don't intend for you to take me more seriously. I was merely intrigued, as you can see i'm very economical with my words (and letters apparently). Haven't had the time to post too much on here in the past.
I'm not criticizing your posting, it's always a good read (and better crafted than most could hope to attain).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tom wrote:Thanks Baggy, I don't intend for you to take me more seriously. I was merely intrigued, as you can see i'm very economical with my words (and letters apparently). Haven't had the time to post too much on here in the past.
I'm not criticizing your posting, it's always a good read (and better crafted than most could hope to attain).
Very civil old chap. :thumleft: Quite taken the wind out of my sails. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Adding to what Petey was saying,
I do think the way we play and approach to the game is a cultural matter and we have to break the mould.
Our whole coaching and managerial enviroment are basically Ulster men born and bred.

I have compared us in the past to a similar situation was at Arsenal FC pre Wenger, when they were a dull team to watch, 1-0 to the arsenal etc and the fans bought into it.
Suddenly Wenger appears and they become the most exciting team in the country and they won stuff too.

Think it would only take one man with a similar vision to transform our perceptions as well as the team, possibly not from these isles.

I just think its not in our collective make up to have a cavalier, Leinster style approach to the game.[/quote]

Brilliant now we're not going to win a trophey for another 6 years.............................and counting!!
LTHG
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

rocky wrote:but others have taken time to gel and find the correct position (Paddy W, Chris Henry, perhaps even T Bowe).
Definitely T.Bowe! In his first season he sometimes looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he got (especially) high ball. How about if we take the conservative (Ulster/Scots?) route that got us five points last week? Go all out to close Aironi down early, get the five points and then drip feed the youngsters in to see what they can do.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
petey11
Novice

Post by petey11 »

rocky wrote:I agree with that but I also think there is an issue about what happens on the board when we lose a few matches - weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't start to describe it and that's only Big-Al. If we want the much maligned coaches to try new/young players (and I do) then we have to display a bit of patience. There have been players who came in and were an instant hit, at least in season 1 (Trimble, Spence, Rory Best, etc), but others have taken time to gel and find the correct position (Paddy W, Chris Henry, perhaps even T Bowe). That's why I think we need to have some restraint rather than going down the poofball route of demanding instant and sustained success.
Can't argue with that Rocky. I don't think we need to change our coaching team, we just need to accessorise with a dedicated backs coach that can bring a little known thing called invention to our backline. A backline who's talented players are being stifled by overcoached, easily defendable combinations or trying too hard. Success will come but how long can we go without it and still attract the marquee signings or even keep the ones we have?
Personally I can wait, I am an Ulster fan not by choice but because it's in my every fibre to be one so I've no choice but to wait out the rough patches as easily as I surf the highs.
Peace out brother :afro:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Scranner wrote:
rocky wrote:but others have taken time to gel and find the correct position (Paddy W, Chris Henry, perhaps even T Bowe).
Definitely T.Bowe! In his first season he sometimes looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he got (especially) high ball. How about if we take the conservative (Ulster/Scots?) route that got us five points last week? Go all out to close Aironi down early, get the five points and then drip feed the youngsters in to see what they can do.
Admirable thoughts Scranner but lets not get ahead of ourselves, it could be a job of work to get 4 tries never mind rushing headlong expecting them quickly to allow for experimentation. We've been there already this season and were lucky to win albeit with a totally different team..

Lets get the win, then think of the BP, essential though it is. Thats the way the good teams work, especially away from their own lawn.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

lovesthehardground wrote:Adding to what Petey was saying,

I just think its not in our collective make up to have a cavalier, Leinster style approach to the game.

Brilliant now we're not going to win a trophey for another 6 years.............................and counting!![/quote]

I would be happy with just being in contention for the time being.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

lovesthehardground wrote:I have compared us in the past to a similar situation was at Arsenal FC pre Wenger, when they were a dull team to watch, 1-0 to the arsenal etc and the fans bought into it.

NOW I'VE HEARD IT ALL HARDYIN, WASH YER BAKE OUT PAL
arsene-wenger_1879746e.jpg
arsene-wenger_1879746e.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Thats how I like to see Wenger. :twisted:
ba.jpg
ba.jpg (6.3 KiB) Viewed 507 times
The visionary with no vision - Blind Arsene
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Aironi v Ulster Part Deux Team in OP

Post by damianmcr »

Ulster Match Day Squad to face Aironi, Saturday 17th December, Stadio Brianteo, Monza (kick-off 1.30pm GMT)
(15-9): A D'Arcy; A Trimble, D Cave, N Spence, C Gilroy; I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller (capt), D Tuohy, S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg;
Replacements (16-23): N Brady, P McAllister, A Macklin, T Barker, R Diack, P Marshall, P Jackson, S Terblanche

Unavailable due to injury: Jared Payne (achilles), Paddy Wallace (thumb), Declan Fitzpatrick (neck)
petey11
Novice

Re: Aironi v Ulster Part Deux Team in OP

Post by petey11 »

As expected

Can't complain

Bonus point win will occur

P.S.
Don't we have a crackin pack :red: