Amlin at least

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Amlin at least

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

There's 140+ posts in this thread.
For the avoidance of doubt, will someone confirm:

We are definitely in Amlin;
We're pretty close to one of top 2 runner up spots already;
If we win it's a home QF

That is all.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Amlin at least

Post by damianmcr »

I think

Yes
Yes
Yes
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ardglass2 wrote:I think the Capt'n is right and Cables is wrong on a stats point.

The World has truly turned up side down :shock:
Sorry - I've been out and only come back to this.

I think the Cap'n and cables are actually in agreement on this one ..... I think.

I think cables was merely pointing out - quite correctly - that the Cap'n hadn't explained himself as well as he might - a point that the Cap'n has conceded.

If the Cap'n and cables are still not in agreement, I think that cables will correct the Cap'n (again), but for now, his clarification coincides exactly with the Cap'n's understanding, both now and previously - only the Cap'n didn't express that too well ........ previously ........ I think.

Perhaps we can get back on topic now ........ if indeed there is anything more to add at this stage.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just win the match looks like easiest way to settle the who gets what if what happens who arguement over points trys and associated rules and regulations. :flower:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

ruckover wrote:My only problem is a SF couldn't be at Ravers. No matter how much temporary seating we put in, we couldn't get it to 18k :cry:
The ERC pick the SF venue at a "neutral" venue so it could never be at Ravenhill anyway.

Quite often, the SF venue isn't that neutral, so Leinster have played a SF at Lansdowne Road, Cardiff at the Millennium, Toulouse at the Municipal Stadium and so on but these stadia aren't the normal home grounds of these teams.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

mikerob wrote:
ruckover wrote:My only problem is a SF couldn't be at Ravers. No matter how much temporary seating we put in, we couldn't get it to 18k :cry:
The ERC pick the SF venue at a "neutral" venue so it could never be at Ravenhill anyway.

Quite often, the SF venue isn't that neutral, so Leinster have played a SF at Lansdowne Road, Cardiff at the Millennium, Toulouse at the Municipal Stadium and so on but these stadia aren't the normal home grounds of these teams.
Im in London over the semi weekend :(
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

mikerob wrote:

So I'm presuming our 'neutral' venue would result in a long haul down to the Aviva :x
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ruckover wrote:
mikerob wrote:

So I'm presuming our 'neutral' venue would result in a long haul down to the Aviva :x
Possibly, but I have an idea that if we have nominated the Aviva as our alternative venue, we can't then use it as a "neutral" one. Perhaps Thomond?

If we have nominated RDS as our alternative venue, perhaps we can use Aviva, but can we nominate the first choice of another team? Maybe I'm talking rubbish again?
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
ruckover wrote:
mikerob wrote:

Possibly, but I have an idea that if we have nominated the Aviva as our alternative venue, we can't then use it as a "neutral" one. Perhaps Thomond?

If we have nominated RDS as our alternative venue, perhaps we can use Aviva, but can we nominate the first choice of another team? Maybe I'm talking rubbish again?[/quote]
You are talking rubbish Grumps :lol:
We can use it for a quarter and a semi final if that was the way the draw fell, just because you win your quarter final does not mean you automatically get a semi final at home
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a reply to the thread.

I recall that the Saints played a QF and a SF at Stadium:mk last season
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Possibly, but I have an idea that if we have nominated the Aviva as our alternative venue, we can't then use it as a "neutral" one. Perhaps Thomond?

If we have nominated RDS as our alternative venue, perhaps we can use Aviva, but can we nominate the first choice of another team? Maybe I'm talking rubbish again?
Flip, if we had to travel all the way to Limerick to see Ulster play we may as well take it to Murrayfield. At least then you get a journey on a boat out of it :roll: I reckon they could still use the Aviva if it's our alternate venue. Looks better on TV and that's all they really care about.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:...... just because you win your quarter final does not mean you automatically get a semi final at home
I never thought for one moment that you did, and don't believe I claimed that either. :scratch:
Rooster wrote:You are talking rubbish Grumps :lol:
Now that I can believe. :thumright:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cables wrote:For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a reply to the thread.

I recall that the Saints played a QF and a SF at Stadium:mk last season
And THAT is why I was talking rubbish :lol: :oops:
I'm not arguing -
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Plenty of time to debate potential home QF venues AFTER we have got there. There's a small matter to be dealt with before then (ie next saturday afternoon) however....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bart S wrote:Plenty of time to debate potential home QF venues AFTER we have got there. There's a small matter to be dealt with before then (ie next saturday afternoon) however....
I already tried to say that Bart but no one listened :roll:
Rory Best