So where do we play the QF?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: So where do we play the QF?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

cables wrote:Sunday anywhere in HC.

W 13-Oct-1996 1996-1997 McDiarmid Park 41 - 34
L 21-Sep-1997 1997-1998 Loftus Road 3 - 56
L 12-Oct-1997 1997-1998 Scotstoun Stadium 15 - 30
W 8-Nov-1998 1998-1999 Myreside 23 - 21
L 9-Jan-2000 1999-2000 Loftus Road 17 - 49
L 15-Oct-2000 2000-2001 Vicarage Road 25 - 55
D 22-Oct-2000 2000-2001 Stade Toulouse 35 - 35
L 6-Jan-2002 2001-2002 Loftus Road 32 - 36
L 13-Oct-2002 2002-2003 Franklin's Gardens 9 - 32
L 7-Dec-2003 2003-2004 Rodney Parade 15 - 24
W 11-Jan-2004 2003-2004 Ravenhill 33 - 0
L 16-Jan-2005 2004-2005 Arms Park 12 - 16
L 21-Jan-2007 2006-2007 Stade Ernest Wallon 13 - 28
L 20-Jan-2008 2007-2008 Kingsholm 21 - 29
L 20-Dec-2009 2009-2010 Stade Jean Bouin 16 - 29
L 17-Oct-2010 2010-2011 Parc Des Sports Aguilera 15 - 35
L 10-Apr-2011 2010-2011 Stadium:mk 13 - 23
Many thanks Cables, as I said great Sunday wins record in Ireland. Should be a doddle. :wink:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
cables wrote:I guess the KO time makes it easier for any wishing to avoid an overnight stay.
Ideal also for anyone with a family who wants to make a weekend of it! :cheers:
That is much more like it LastNight, thought all we would get was whinges. :cheers: Then I remembered I'd be in Spain, wept sore tears and had a wee whinge :wink: (to myself of course, a gentleman must have standards. :lol: )
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

namron wrote:

I didnt realise you were a Calvinist Shan ? I would say there arent too many of those in Holy Catholic Limerick but if the Good Shepherd can rescue one sheep from a Lost flock I`m sure its worth it . Maybe some of our Players will show their faces before the Captains run-put a spring in the step :oman:
Oh I am not a Calvinist Namron. Reading back my post I see I somehow managed to convey the idea that I was a member of this community but alas I am not.

Lost or wandering sheep are in no danger Easter weekend anyway here although there might be a danger up and around Lansdowne Road. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah they may do, but they've never come after me.... famous last words i'm sure...
Feelinlucky.jpg
Feelinlucky.jpg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 440 times
They are too scared Jackie. :lol:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
cables wrote:I guess the KO time makes it easier for any wishing to avoid an overnight stay.
Ideal also for anyone with a family who wants to make a weekend of it! :cheers:
That is much more like it LastNight, thought all we would get was whinges. :cheers: Then I remembered I'd be in Spain, wept sore tears and had a wee whinge :wink: (to myself of course, a gentleman must have standards. :lol: )
Baggy - despite sharing your lack of optimism about Ulster's prospects of qualifying from our group at the outset, I did keep the QF weekend free, just in case :cheers:

Then again, I have kept the Heineken Cup final weekend free on the same basis for the past 12 years.... :oops:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Back to the title of the thread :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Big Mervyn wrote:For those who haven't driven round Dublin, watch out for the barrier free toll on the M50. You have to phone through your payment within 24 hrs - and if you don't, they will come after you regardless of where you live.
Jackie Brown wrote:Yeah they may do, but they've never come after me.... famous last words i'm sure...
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=40364
Big Merv, Jackie, as me ould gran'pappy used to say before his sad demise, "paper doesn't refuse ink". As some punter said on Jackie's link, its a numbers game and the number of law-abiding citizens who pay up must make it worthwhile.

Organisations across Europe, some more credible than others, many scams, send out all manner of crap and usually with some reference, genuinely or bogusly claiming the backing of various laws. Even if the law is with the claimant, if you are not the type to automatically pay a fine then you need to consider the likelihood of them actually taking action considering the cost of cross-border litigation initially and having taken such action, enforcing it.

There you go guys, one punters considered view. :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Back to the title of the thread :D
Jaysus biys oh, Rooster, hope you don't try feeding those to the chucks, never tried turnip stuffing but hopefully Ulster will in April. :red: :red: :red:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Nice close-up of the playing surface at Thomond Rooster.

Here's one of it a few months earlier when they were about to plant!
Attachments
Thomond turnip patch.jpg
Thomond turnip patch.jpg (245.8 KiB) Viewed 411 times
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Does your pseudo-invitation extend only to Baggy, Shan? What time's the service? I was looking at the United Methodist/PressButton'B' one which is at 11.30 - a tad to early probably for the URSC buses. I don't suppose you have a service at or around noon?
Sorry Grumps. I think I accidentally made it look like I was a member here.

I do know they have services at 11am.

Actually now I think of it I think I am mixing these people up with another group who I spoke to a few years ago who were what you'd call very serious about their beliefs. They invited me to attend their service but I decided to stay away. I think now I should have gone. It might have been interesting from a research perspective to me. I have only ever been to COI and RC services before so checking out a few more would be no harm.

I've just looked at their website and I think they are definitely a different group. Their pastor is from Ballymena and neither of the people I spoke to were from NI.

http://www.limerickreformed.com/

When I thought about the people I spoke to there it just made me think of what Baggy would say to them. A bit childish maybe but no harm intended to anybody.
>TH
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Big Mervyn wrote:For those who haven't driven round Dublin, watch out for the barrier free toll on the M50. You have to phone through your payment within 24 hrs - and if you don't, they will come after you regardless of where you live.
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=40364
Big Merv, Jackie, as me ould gran'pappy used to say before his sad demise, "paper doesn't refuse ink". As some punter said on Jackie's link, its a numbers game and the number of law-abiding citizens who pay up must make it worthwhile.

Organisations across Europe, some more credible than others, many scams, send out all manner of crap and usually with some reference, genuinely or bogusly claiming the backing of various laws. Even if the law is with the claimant, if you are not the type to automatically pay a fine then you need to consider the likelihood of them actually taking action considering the cost of cross-border litigation initially and having taken such action, enforcing it.

There you go guys, one punters considered view. :lol:
The fines are handed over to a collection agency in the UK although the full legal extent of their powers is certainly open to debate. Problem might arise if you happen to come to the attention of the authorities next time you're down Mexico way.
Hardly worth the hassle for the sake of €3 though ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote: That is unfortunate in terms of the match but rugby isn't everything.
Ah would you catch yerself on man, "way yu steamer" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:I've just looked at their website and I think they are definitely a different group. Their pastor is from Ballymena and neither of the people I spoke to were from NI.
Ballymena :shock: nuff said Shan wise to stay clear :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:[When I thought about the people I spoke to there it just made me think of what Baggy would say to them. A bit childish maybe but no harm intended to anybody.
>TH
I like your way of thinking Shan, and no harm taken. I seriously doubt if anyone on this forum would take offence at anything you write .......... sure, you're almost one of us! :oman:

Come to think about it, we do take offence at what we say to each other, so that's no recommendation, but hopefully you know what I mean. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Always up for something new Shan, made a schoolboy error back in October/Novemeber when booking my flights to Spain where I have a small hovel I visit 3 times a year.

"Next time I'm in Limerick" as they say, would enjoy a meet & whatever goes with it. :salut:

Ah sure none of us are perfect Baggy. Even the best of us make mistakes, or so I've heard. :wink:

When I read that first I thought you said a small hotel. That would be nice but a hovel in Spain isn't bad either. Pity it wasn't a caravan or I could have called you a gitano de mierda.
>TH

As for trying out something new. Indeed I agree. There is no harm. Something I don't do enough of I'm afraid.