The end...

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

The end...

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Of the Portadown News. Dunno how many of you have visited the site over the past 4 years or so it has been in operation. It is basically a satirical view of the political situation here. Heard on lunchtime Newsline that it was shutting down while Newton Emerson felt it was on a high... and sure enough when I logged on the site was blank! If youse have the time you should try and access the past issues - it'll crack youse up!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Been a regular reader for the last 4.5 years. Sent Newton an e-mail yesterday to thank him for the years of entertainment he's give me and mine - he replied within a few minutes - top bloke! :P

Shame to see it go :cry:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
rugbymunchkin
Initiate

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Just sent him a wee email meself to say cheers for all the laughs. Means i'll actually have to work on Monday mornings in university :? :shock: :evil:
The past few years in school I have done nothing on a monday morning until I've had my fix of PN!
We salute you Newton! :salut:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

great great read - often "black" and sometimes verging on the "sick" humour that i wouldn't have dared come out with - unless i'm rat arssed!! Will be greatly missed by all but the bigots . Have one annual beside toilet at home. As an avid reader of Private Eye, Portadown News was like having our own weekly front cover.

I'll just now have to make do with the Railway Preservation Society Of Ireland weekly or Maze Stadium Update Monthly.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Just reread one of me own favourites

Drumcree VIII 8th july 2002
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
rugbymunchkin
Initiate

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Glad i found some fellow Portadown Newsers! Must say two of my favourite wee pictures on it were the Dyson entitled "Northern Ireland's political vacuum" ... and the Presbyterian Computers - "Drives removed, Moderators installed"!!!