Forum changes

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Forum changes

Post by cables »

fermain wrote:Welcome to the new UAFC FORUM. some changes have taken place...

1st of all, you will notice a lack of most recent posts, unfortunately we couldn't keep all the latest posts or users alive, and if you've been affected we apologise, however I am sure you will appreciate the new security the board has as well as the new features such as the gallery which more than make up for the shortfall.

Any queries, let us know via the technobabble forum, the mods will be able to help you.

Any defects that you notice, although comprehensive testing has taken place, let us know, we are there for you the Ulster fans, and we will try to make everything shipshape and rosy.

There may be a few changes over the next few months as we settle in to our long term plan, and I hope you will bear with us. Again, any suggestions, please let us know, and we will take into consideration all that we receive...

from all of us in the UAFC team.
Seems strange.

What is the new security the board has?

I have searched under various usernames (lkotp, snipe, self, merv, rooster ....) and it seems that the vast majority of posts from 29 May 2012 are no longer accessible. Is this by design or a hickup?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Forum changes

Post by Snipe Watson »

Just think of all the scour we can deny writing..........it's a plus
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

layout's a little strange but it seems pretty smooth so far.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

cables wrote:
fermain wrote:Welcome to the new UAFC FORUM. some changes have taken place...

1st of all, you will notice a lack of most recent posts, unfortunately we couldn't keep all the latest posts or users alive, and if you've been affected we apologise, however I am sure you will appreciate the new security the board has as well as the new features such as the gallery which more than make up for the shortfall.

Any queries, let us know via the technobabble forum, the mods will be able to help you.

Any defects that you notice, although comprehensive testing has taken place, let us know, we are there for you the Ulster fans, and we will try to make everything shipshape and rosy.

There may be a few changes over the next few months as we settle in to our long term plan, and I hope you will bear with us. Again, any suggestions, please let us know, and we will take into consideration all that we receive...

from all of us in the UAFC team.
Seems strange.

What is the new security the board has?

I have searched under various usernames (lkotp, snipe, self, merv, rooster ....) and it seems that the vast majority of posts from 29 May 2012 are no longer accessible. Is this by design or a hickup?
New version of the board upgraded from v0.8 to v0.10 contains significant amount of upgraded security features, improvements and bug fixes. It also includes contains language and style changes that have taken place since previous releases of phpBB.

The missing posts relate back to the date the backed up version of the board was used to recreate the database. Then the updates were applied, then the modifications to the board, and then the elapsed time while testing and defects were being fixed, as well as the new articles being written/added.

A full team effort to get to this point, thanks to all involved and those who made the effort to help test. :salut:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Loki wrote:layout's a little strange but it seems pretty smooth so far.
Yes, change is always difficult to implement, but we think it will be a change for the better. Time will tell.
The intention was to find a workable replacement for the whole site, not just the message board.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Will the new version be tapatalk enabled?
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

the brother runs a fairly large site and forum off older phpBB and some of the bugs would send one round the bend...I've seen the kind of work that goes on behind the scene just so people like me can waffle away in t'internet. Good work all :salut:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

ColinM wrote:Will the new version be tapatalk enabled?
Good point, not got round to it yet, but I will.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Loki wrote:the brother runs a fairly large site and forum off older phpBB and some of the bugs would send one round the bend...I've seen the kind of work that goes on behind the scene just so people like me can waffle away in t'internet. Good work all :salut:
Amen to that Brother Loki. Where would we be without our daily fix of waffling. :)

Well done to Fermain and friends.

>TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Loki wrote:the brother runs a fairly large site and forum off older phpBB and some of the bugs would send one round the bend...I've seen the kind of work that goes on behind the scene just so people like me can waffle away in t'internet. Good work all :salut:
It should help get rid of that barsteward trying to sell kitchens every morning, if not a hit squad will have to visit :terror:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

nope it didn't help. which points to it being a real person. unfortunately.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

I use Tapatalk to be able to use these forums on the go on my phone but since the upgrade it hasn't worked. Will these forums be tapatalk enabled again or is it being reintroduced
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fermain wrote:nope it didn't help. which points to it being a real person. unfortunately.
Time to call Uncle Sam then and report a enemy of the state as soon as you find his location, a wee missile strike should sort him.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Windeos wrote:I use Tapatalk to be able to use these forums on the go on my phone but since the upgrade it hasn't worked. Will these forums be tapatalk enabled again or is it being reintroduced
see above
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

The forum url will change soon too, so expect to have to update any bookmarks you have which point to forum/

The site index page will point directly to the forum so it will become http://www.uafc.co.uk/ and everything will point to the website index page, basically what you see here.