Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

LadyP
Novice

Re: Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Post by LadyP »

Cornerfleg wrote:Loads of pessamisim here ... I on the other hand am delighted. From what I have heard (from pretty high up the food chain) the structure in place is now absolutely first rate, and a lot of 'job titles' we seem to be working under are sooooo last season darling - think total revamp. As Insoector Clouseau would say ... "out with the bad air .... in with the gooood"

I have a lot of faith that our under age set up is now going to be superb from U16 up and all the way down to mini and early schools level, what I have seen put forward is like a very well structured business plan and Ulster will reap big rewards in a few years.

So with you contacts high up all is rosie, no one to resign or get sacked, that is really good to know. I just hope when I go into work this afternoon that Carly the office manager from Cork is not sitting in my chair telling me I am no longer in charge of the Belfast department after 7 years hard work and i am now her private assistant.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Clarke was part of the coaching team which took us to the Celtic League title. Glad to see him back.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

To be placed outside the door before first Academy management meeting:
KNIFEAMNESTY UR.jpg
KNIFEAMNESTY UR.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
i hear that there has been an increase in sales of anti-stab vests in the South Belfast area :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:To be placed outside the door before first Academy management meeting:
KNIFEAMNESTY UR.jpg
i hear that there has been an increase in sales of anti-stab vests in the South Belfast area :duck:
:lol: :lol: :lol: And to make matters worse it's the silly season in Norn iron at present. :oman: :terror: :duck: :argue:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

If all above are in the Academy set-up then fantastic &I hope it can only be good but I can only think grown adults egos are worse than their kids.
Could someone maybe draw up a little Ulster Rugby flow chart for us?
Now, who on here wouldn't want to see that?
I'd draw it up meself but It'd be pointless & without direction. From the top might be fun? :duck:
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Cornerfleg wrote:Loads of pessamisim here ... I on the other hand am delighted. From what I have heard (from pretty high up the food chain) the structure in place is now absolutely first rate, and a lot of 'job titles' we seem to be working under are sooooo last season darling - think total revamp. As Insoector Clouseau would say ... "out with the bad air .... in with the gooood"

I have a lot of faith that our under age set up is now going to be superb from U16 up and all the way down to mini and early schools level, what I have seen put forward is like a very well structured business plan and Ulster will reap big rewards in a few years.
Love the optimism Fleg and hope you are right. Do you know specifically who is doing what in the academy, who is running the show etc.?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

LL - yes I was told directly at a meeting some where invited too last week. For personal reasons I don't wish to go any further. Some might see it as a cop out - fair enough, but what I heard was enough to convince me that there is a super structure in place all of our 'big names' have specific roles (the UR site is out of date) Brian is our Senior Academy Coach. I'm sure this is not a state secret and will be released for all to see soon enough when Clarkie's role in the Academy's Organisation Chart is inked in.

Right up from mini to school/club and underage I see a mahooosive improvement in what was going on before. Time of course will tell if it works - but it was broke and they're trying to fix it. I'm sold - and small fish as I am I didn't pick up any infighting or power struggle with the main players and may I say very very capable under coaches.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Eh was he not brought in last season to do some front row work, :scratch:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

Fleg I have heard that Clarke is in fact running the Academy and McGlock has been assigned the heady position of schools liaison manager. I suspect McGlock will be unhappy with that.
Significantly different structure to what you have suggested and potential for angst.
Hope your info and optimism are correct!
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Hamsterdam wrote:Fleg I have heard that Clarke is in fact running the Academy and McGlock has been assigned the heady position of schools liaison manager. I suspect McGlock will be unhappy with that.
Significantly different structure to what you have suggested and potential for angst.
Hope your info and optimism are correct!
Hamster, did you not read Conerfleg was at a meeting :roll: so all has to be true, I do know that Cornerfleg will say he maybe heard wrong and apologise as he had to many gins and misunderstood what logan said ,easy mistake to happen, any one know who is the video analyst next year? Or who has applied for the head rugby job at Inst School, away on holidays to South of France for a month this Wednesday I hope all is clear on my return and looking forward to a great season,

Au revoir
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Brian will not be answerable to Mr Clarke.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

Lady P - that's the concern! If expectations are that he will be I fear he'll be off!
I'm sure he won't be answerable to Clarke one way or another.
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

I still think BMcL has been treated shabbily by UR. Anscombe has a lot to live up to. I could understand if UR had appointed a "world class" :roll: coach to replace McGlocks but ...

I'm surprised he hasn't moved on yet. After all a coach who brought his side to the HEC final must be valued by someone - since clearly UR don't value him
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

McLaughlin is not one for seeking the highest profile job or living the high life. His sole way of being seems to be to have a comfortable and quiet life in Co Down. For that reason he stuck with the teaching job until such times as he could be guranteed another permanent position. Sadly permanent positions in coaching/management don't exist (even for Fergie) and thats why he is where he is. Its also why he hasnt thrown the toys out of the pram and gone to England/France or wherever by now.

At the end of the day he will be doing a job he will enjoy immensely, its not the one he was doing last year etc but its still a step up from the job at Inst that he would have had to go back to a year ago were the permanent contract not offered, and in all honesty he is better suited to being out of the limelight.

Truely I don't think McLaughlin has been hard done by. He has done brilliantly for Ulster in a position I am sure he'll admit is not best suited to him, and is now being given one that does. The way the whole saga has been handled leaves a lot to be desired and that is the main problem. (That and getting to the HEC final!)
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Will be interesting to see where Kieran Campbell will end up in this set up as it has been said he is now to take up a part time role within Ulster Rugby.

I expect Niall Malone will get the performance analyst/skills coach job.