Zebre v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheElephantMan
Steward

Re: Zebre v Ulster

Post by TheElephantMan »

wow that was hard to watchWe did not deserve that win but a wins a win and i am over the moon.PHEW
Meg The Lab
Novice

Post by Meg The Lab »

That was like a duck's ar$e. :D
I've just swallowed a whole bag of scrabble squares. My next visit to the toilet could spell trouble.
TheWonDon
Initiate

Post by TheWonDon »

Out of jail by the skin of our collective ani today.

Let's learn from it, get a few players back from Ireland A duty & leave Italy with another win next week.
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Saved by the scrum and Nocs boot. A few absentees on that team today and i wouldnt want to be in the dressing room now >6shooter
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Atrocious defence, but great composure in the end.
This was the banana skin and Zebre were seriously up for this game. The young guys were under massive pressure and there was a lack of leadership when the heat was on. Zebre played well and deserve some credit.
NOC great game.................
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

And to think I spouting dung like "Don't fear the Zebra" last week. Zebre deserved to hammer us. Every other team will go there and get 5 points. Zebre got 2 from that, that's 200% of their season total so far. Tackling was shocking, restarts were pants. Kicked away turnover ball all night - unforgivable. Andrew would want to buck up his ideas as would Heaney. Disappointed with Brady. Paterson did his bit too. We need our players back.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

NOC kicked well, but his general play was poor.
McComish - poor
McCombe - poor
Brady - poor
Diack - poor
Andrews - Poor

Pretty surprised that Anscombe didn't replace McComish with Birch and Andrews with Nelson.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Yeah and we're missing 15 plus players, away from home, with only one recognised 2nd rower, most of the leadership gone and a bunch of 3rd choice players and we're 8 from 8.....end of the world stuff :roll:

I'm not saying it was great but this was probably in the circumstances our trickest game to date, hung on and won......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

NOC :salut: :salut: :salut:
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Atrocious defence, but great composure in the end.
This was the banana skin and Zebre were seriously up for this game. The young guys were under massive pressure and there was a lack of leadership when the heat was on. Zebre played well and deserve some credit.
NOC great game.................
In Fairness, to NOC thread? :lol:
Nope, I was never hypercritical of NOC.
The 'In Fairness'© concept is not something to be bandied about or trifled with by amateurs. Some fools have attempted to use the charm, but their efforts were always doomed to failure. This is a powerful elixir not dissimilar in a way to 'Tighten up Syrup'©.
I take little credit for beagle’s rise to the heady heights of the Ireland XV bench. I’m just a fan doing my part for my province in whatever way I can.
In short, this concept must not be enfeebled by careless misuse. It must only to be instigated in times of deepest peril for Ulster.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Big-al wrote:NOC kicked well, but his general play was poor.
Only fit for putting on roses.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

That was tough viewing, e only 2 players who had a decent game were PW and NOC. And the NOC cynics really need to think again, he saved Ulster today (and I am one of these cynics!)

Worst game I've seen from Payne, think he potentially was trying a bit too hard.

Wingers were anonymous

Who will we get back for Treviso? They would hammer the side that played today. We need Payne back at 15, probably get Marshall x2 back, and I've a sneaky suspicion we will get Trimble back with glory in the Ireland setup.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Eggs wrote:That was tough viewing, e only 2 players who had a decent game were PW and NOC. And the NOC cynics really need to think again, he saved Ulster today (and I am one of these cynics!)

Worst game I've seen from Payne, think he potentially was trying a bit too hard.

Wingers were anonymous

Who will we get back for Treviso? They would hammer the side that played today. We need Payne back at 15, probably get Marshall x2 back, and I've a sneaky suspicion we will get Trimble back with glory in the Ireland setup.

Can't agree that Treviso will hammer us next week as they're missing as many players as we are....
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Big-al wrote:NOC kicked well, but his general play was poor.
Only fit for putting on roses.

Shocking performance by NOC... he only scored 22 points :duh:
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Scrum5 more mean that team will get hammered if they play like they did today