Which Ulster players in Ireland team this six nations ?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Which Ulster players in Ireland team this six nations ?

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

pythagoras wrote:
Well he's an openside so it's between him and Sean O'Brien for that position, right?

Has he played much at blindside?
Why wouldn't you even consider playing SOB at 6, his original position, with CH 7, and JH 8, Pythagoras? SOB converted to 7 to accommodate all 3 of Fez, SOB and JH. CH's strength has been at 7; to me the call is play the strongest combination now currently available, with the best balance, and that means no POM:
SOB 6
CH 7
JH 8

I don't expect to see it..
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

connachtfan wrote:Our BR will be

6 O'Brien
7 Henry
8 Heaslip

I'd bet my house on it, my impression was Kidney was very impressed with Henry during the Autumn games. He mentioned it and even made him captain at one point didn't he?
I really hope you're right CF. :salut: otherwise, I can lend you a tent.... >EW
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Darren Cave can feel very hard done by

Devon Toner ...
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
connachtfan wrote:Our BR will be

6 O'Brien
7 Henry
8 Heaslip

I'd bet my house on it, my impression was Kidney was very impressed with Henry during the Autumn games. He mentioned it and even made him captain at one point didn't he?
I really hope you're right CF. :salut: otherwise, I can lend you a tent.... >EW
This must be our starting back row.
Only reason that SOB switched to 7 was to accomodate Fez at 6.
Always my view that he should have picked one or the other in the interest of balance.
With Henry there now we have a quality 7 now which we havent had since Wallace retired.
There are no excuses.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

But POM, he can play 7! And if POM says he can play 7, then he bloody well can start at 7 for Ireland. Capiche
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Russ wrote:But POM, he can play 7! And if POM says he can play 7, then he bloody well can start at 7 for Ireland. Capiche
Ah the Earls law in action. A Munsterman can claim any position he so desires simply by stating it. Make it so POM, make it so...
Last edited by Jackie Brown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ wrote:But POM, he can play 7! And if POM says he can play 7, then he bloody well can start at 7 for Ireland. Capiche
Russ, Kidders plan is:
POM 6
POM 7
POM 8

Harsh on Tommy ODonnell and James Coughlan....
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ wrote:Darren Cave can feel very hard done by

Devon Toner ...
In fairness, so can the likes of Coughlan (seriously) who deserved a shot at the bench.
But are we really surprised?

Earls will start as a winger, probably with Zebo, who is fair enough...no issues with Zebo, who is on form.
This is turning into "told you so" time...
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

There is a 33 man squad announced this afternoon, 7 Ulstermen, and NO Andrew Trimble or Darren Cave.
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

PJ, TC, RB, IH, CG, DF and CH all included. Thought AT and DC would still have been in the training sqaud this week??
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Boutye wrote:PJ, TC, RB, IH, CG, DF and CH all included. Thought AT and DC would still have been in the training sqaud this week??
Bless Boutye, you have yet to become a hardened DK cynic.... it will come :lol:
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

I can feel it building my man, hopefully his tenure will be over before it has reached boiling point.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Boutye wrote:I can feel it building my man, hopefully his tenure will be over before it has reached boiling point.
Much as I agree, I wonder does fate have a cruel twist.. and somehow Kidders will contrive an escape?
ParcoPorta
Novice

Post by ParcoPorta »

Team will be:

RK
KE BOD GD SZ
JS CM

CH RB MR
DR MM
POM SOB JH

CH CG MB DK SC PJ ER

Hope I'm wrong, especially re Chris Henry. Tom Courts form deserves a place on the bench
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Looks like Ulsters ploy of playing in Red against Castres has failed!!!!!!
Kidney the cute little Hoor cannot be fooled. Even as we speak he is searching out the Ulster players who have the audacity to pretend they are "Irish" remember if they can't be found before the match the National anthem test will soon catch them out!!!!!!!
Have to say nothing will surprise me from this joke of a coach even potential for the Henry choice as I remember previous from him nominating players who play together regularly "after all the fellas know all the call's" POM probably for 7 and no need to introduce the Earls rule.
If my memory is correct Declan F's last injury was a concussion and I would suggest while short on game time his general fitness was perhaps reasonable. If that was the case and if Kidney wanted the Wolfhounds to have a chance of winning or give him a test why let him on with 10 minutes to go. Bent was having difficulty during the game particularly in the first half with an improvement in the second half after TC got on.However let nothing be said about the new Munster world beater Killer or the scrum power coming through from Toner.
I am trying very hard to be balanced but have failed miserably perhaps its reading the southern press re the Wolfhounds and only seeing Ulster players mentioned in the negative ie "Paddy Jackson the suspect place kicker"he missed one and have a convertion from a very difficult position considering the elements."Ian Henderson missed the try due to a double movement" Rory is a bit of a darling at the moment but I wonder what column space would he have had had Strauss had been fit. I dare not even start about the one eyed commentary on RTE.
However maybe I am reading all of this wrong and if so I apologise. Machiavelli might still be alive and this is a cunning plan to return Ulster to full strength for the forthcoming Rabo and Heiny matches in which case thank you Coach Kidney and IRFU