Montpellier vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Montpellier vs Ulster

Post by ruckover »

C'mon lads, let's show these guys what we're made of. This would be a massive win.

15. Payne
14. Bowe
13. Cave
12. Olding
11. Trimble
10. Jackson
9. Pienaar
1. Court
2. Best
3. Fitzpatrick
4. Muller
5. Tuohy
6. Wilson
7. Henry
8. Williams

16. Herring, 17. Black, 18. Afoa, 19. Henderson, 20. Diack, 21. P Marshall, 22. L Marshall, 23. Gilroy.

Afoa on the bench for me, DeccyFitz did well enough against the Tiggers and to throw Afoa straight in from the start is a big ask for him in my opinion, even for the world class player he is. Big impact off the bench.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Montpellier vs Ulster

Post by Russ »

We'll win this and they will have a BP.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Montpellier are a good side but they are nothing to be scared of. We need to hit the ground running next week in a big way. Obviously at some stage in the pool we will need to win at either Montpellier or Leicester to win our group so why not make a huge statement and win in France?

This is a huge game and I can't wait for it.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

The only change I'd make to the team from the Tiggers match is start Olding. Hopefully Mullers neck is ok and Williams knock isn't too bad.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I would start Wilson at 8 and Henderson at 6. Williams on to kill dead things on 60mins.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Joe Schmo wrote:The only change I'd make to the team from the Tiggers match is start Olding. Hopefully Mullers neck is ok and Williams knock isn't too bad.
You'd start Ruan on the bench?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Slightly pessimistic about this one, Montpellier are a good side, especially at home; drew with Toulon, destroyed Clermont and whitewashed Toulouse. Got some good players, Beattie, Gorgodze, Trinh-Duc, Hamilton, Olivier, Mas, and not forgetting Nagusa. Cant see more than coming away with a LBP, but i'd happily be proved wrong.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

breakdown wrote:Slightly pessimistic about this one, Montpellier are a good side, especially at home; drew with Toulon, destroyed Clermont and whitewashed Toulouse. Got some good players, Beattie, Gorgodze, Trinh-Duc, Hamilton, Olivier, Mas, and not forgetting Nagusa. Cant see more than coming away with a LBP, but i'd happily be proved wrong.
Allow me to sooth your worried mind. French teams don't bother their backsides away from home. Even with some absolute dross in their league the away wins record is less than 15% - that says everything you need to know about Top 14 home records.

That list of players, while certainly decent, contains not one leg end of the game, generally honest toil would describe their efforts & Jimmy quite frankly wasn't good enough for Ulster, playing as he did in stits & farts.

I'd be happy with a win, I'd be ok with a bonus point but far from ecstatic. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Depending on who's fit:

15. JP
14. AT (Just, on history & experience) but Gilroy or Allen to bench and shepherds crook if he's playing flipper instead of Sparky, at the risk of incurring Baggy's wrath. Andy's a bit off atm, nothing a few weeks won't cure, but he's forcing it a bit... we need to take the bulls by the cojones and use our depth for this one if he's a bit MEH still)
13. DC- a REAL 13 :thumleft:
12. LM- Olding bench for impact. We'll need the heavy hitters for Pells to start with.
11. TB
10. McKinney.... :shock: Ok, PJ then.... >EW
9. RP- Beagle for the bonus point... :lol:
1. TC- If fit.. Nugget to start if any doubt
2. RB- RH bench
3. JA if fit, even for 50 min., and DF bench to shore it up, Pinocchio permitting.
4. JM if fit, if not, Hendo
5. Dan Too Oi! (Copyright Radio Free Leicester..)
6. Hendo (see Muller above) but I suspect RW by MA.
8. RW- as above I suspect NW... but we need steady set pieces, not Ben Hur
7. Chad

Bench: depending on Fitness: CB, RH, DF, Hendo (depending on MA's selection, but I'd throw the dice and go for broke with the big guns.. we will need to fight fire with fire and quench the storm) Smallp, S.Olding, M.Allen/ Gillers, Diack (decent cameo again tbh.)
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

breakdown wrote:Slightly pessimistic about this one, Montpellier are a good side so are we, especially at home; drew with Toulon, destroyed Clermont and whitewashed Toulouse. Got some good players, Beattie, Gorgodze, Trinh-Duc, Hamilton, Olivier, Mas, and not forgetting Nagusa so have we. Cant see more than coming away with a LBP I can, but i'd happily be proved wrong you will be.....both.
:thumleft:
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Definetly Olding to start at 12
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Payne, Bowe, Cave, Marshall, Trimble, PJ, RP, Court, Best, Fitz, Muller, Tuohy, Henderson, Henry, Wilson.

Subs: Herring, Black, Afoa, Diack, Williams, p, Olding, Allen.
LTHG
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

My stab at Saturday's team:

15 Payne
14 Bowe
13 Cave
12 L Marshall
11 Trimble
10 Jackson
9 Pienaar

1 Court
2 Best
3 Afoa
4 Muller
5 Tuohy
6 Henderson
7 Henry
8 Wilson

Subs: Herring, Black, Fitzpatrick, Diack, Williams, P Marshall, Olding, Allen

Defensive steel and dependability for the first 50-60, taking points when on offer. If we need to chase something then bring on the wrecking ball and the tricksome backs.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

lovesthehardground wrote:Payne, Bowe, Cave, Marshall, Trimble, PJ, RP, Court, Best, Fitz, Muller, Tuohy, Henderson, Henry, Wilson.

Subs: Herring, Black, Afoa, Diack, Williams, p, Olding, Allen.

plus1
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

Wouldn't change the pack or subs after their excellent effort against tiggers, injuries permitting
Apart from afoa, if fit I'd have him on the bench, lutton unlucky
Ruan at 9
Mickey allen or Gilroy in for trimby - that display was uncharacteristic, but imagine if mcilwaine had played like that? The abuse on here would be apocalyptic. When we have options that are playing really well, somebody "not letting us down" is not going to be good enough if we want any points in France.
Trimby is one of my favourite players, make no mistake, but for all the credit he has earned over the seasons, the next match is NOT the place for any sentimentality. Maaaak must be ruthless IMO.
I'm undecided on sky marshal or olding to start and would be happy with either. Can see Luke getting the nod.
Rest as was.
With that team, the same attitude and 50% less mistakes we can win in Montpellier .
if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?