40%
All Blacks slay Lions 3-0
40%

Total votes: 10

Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Result of the All Blacks Lions Test series

Post by Freddie Benson »

Okay, now with less than 10 days to go and 4 games down on tour, we're steaming closer to the Test series.
Who's going to win?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I reckon when it comes to Ulster I'm always the optimist voting with my heart for a red hand win. With these lions - I just can't do it. We'll be lucky to win one. It will take a miracle to win two , and there's a distinct possibility of a whitewash. :?
Last edited by pwrmoore on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Donald Ducked
Novice

Post by Donald Ducked »

3-0 All Blacks I'm afraid
Quack Quack.... QUACK!!

From the Duck formerly known as Baldrick...
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

Even after the improvement against Wellington I would have to go with the ABs by 3 to 0.

My worry is that the size of the squad is dragging the tour down. I understand the logic behind it, but I think the cure is more harmful than the affliction.

A leaner touring party with a more settled lineout (two reasonanbly distinct teams) and I would maybe have been swayed.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

come on lads
let's have some positive vibes here

It may be the toughest place to tour, and we may have seen little evidence so far of what the Lions can do, but I believe

(helped by the sponsor's beverage)
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

The tour size is a complete smokescreen Barney. SCW said he was taking more players because in previous years they had had injuries and ended up using 45 players anyway - the implication was take a bigger party to start with and no need to have mid-tour call-ups. But so far there has been a replacement called up for every injury.

Too many players, not enough cohesion, not enough opportunity to play together - I feel a disaster looming (one win at best)
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

Paul- fair point. It's the amount of chopping and changing that's my real concern.

This is the first tour where I've been able to watch all the games live and perhaps it has led to unrealistic expectations on my part when it comes to the provincial matches.

I believe the Lions have the innate ability, it's the coaching and organisation I have my doubts about at the moment. But I'm just an ignorant armchair punter and hope to be proved wrong.

Hope with all my heart that they do it: I have great memories of being in an Irish bar in Boston in 97 when Guscott dropped that goal. What a day that was.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Yeah i hope they can do it, but i think they'll come out losers 2-1. I can see them surprising the All-blacks in the first test and then getting run into the ground in the 2nd and 3rd.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

3-0 to the AB, they're bigger, stronger, faster, more innovative, skilled, better reserves, playing in front of a home crowd, more confident, blah blah blah... :shock:
cyril
Initiate

Post by cyril »

pwrmoore wrote:I reckon when it comes to Ulster I'm always the optimist voting with my heart for a red hand win. With these lions - I just can't do it. We'll be lucky to win one. It will take a miracle to win two , and there's a distinct possibility of a whitewash. :?
right there normally after this amount of time you'd more less know who's in but the way they're playing you could pick only a few,so i had to vote 2-1 to the AB'S(loved to be wrong)but this Henry's a cunning swine has the ARGIES found out :roll:
i love munching Leeks....Image
Magical O' Driscoll

Post by Magical O' Driscoll »

It will be a hard test against the kiwis because they have a good all round team with the likes of Tana Umaga and Jerry Colins. It would be good to see Lomo playing again in rugby.