HC Again - Treviso vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: HC Again - Treviso vs Ulster

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:Have we nominated our 'additional player' or was that to be Nelson before someone changed up their mind?
To the best of my knowledge - we have not registered either of our addtitional players.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:Is Ferris back this week or next week?
Yes ..................... this week, next week, some time ...................never ??????????? >ESAD
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyway the only change I can possibly see is if Mr Wallace may be considered as a bench option. Other than that no good reason to change a thing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gromit
Novice

Post by Gromit »

Surely not in place of baby giraffe?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Anyway the only change I can possibly see is if Mr Wallace may be considered as a bench option. Other than that no good reason to change a thing.
If Wallace is fit, I think I'd have him on the bench on place of McIllwaine, not that the latter did anything wrong during his brief appearance last week, but Wallace would allow more direct replacement oportunities without reconfiguring the rest of the backs.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

In view of the interview given by Windy during the week, I'd like to see him off the pitch as soon as the game is won or lost. Last week it could have been after about 20 mins but he stayed on for 60.

So lets assume sense prevails and Mike Allen comes on after 20 mins because we've gone 20 up again, and Gilroy goes to FB. We'd be playing with two wings that can cover centres, and a centre on the bench.

I can't believe I'm convincing myself that McIlwaine should be on the bench!
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

TREVISO UPDATE - Very slight pink tinge on the white bits of our Onesies after their first wash :(
So be careful folks when washing them.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Back to an earlier debate at this stage is that we don`t have to go for the bonus point.
Leinster last year in their group went all out for the bonus point against Exeter as they knew that they had to as their only chance of getting out of their group.
As did Munster against against Racing so they set their stalls out early as they had no alternative.
I didn`t feel we were in a position to chase the tbp away to a weak Castres as RP was poor at 10 and Rory could not hit a barn door to get a lineout platform.
That cost us a home qf which led to our exit so I can understand the logic to go after the bp from the off.

However the bonus point at this stage is a nice to have but not a need to have.
The tigers still have to get a result in France.
I hope Montpellier will not do that French thing and just write the competition off when things dont go their way in the early stages.

Consolidate the win then see what happens if its on.
We dont have to chase anyone or anything at this stage.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:TREVISO UPDATE - Very slight pink tinge on the white bits of our Onesies after their first wash :(
Did yous use a colour catcher?

You boys have had yours for a right while haven't you? They miust have walked to the machine on their own :lol: Wonder if Shammy has washed hers yet?

Curious because I've got Jnr wan for Xmas.

btw apparently Twosies or Twinsies are the thang this year. 2 of the bleedin' things stitched together. Loooking forward to seeing y'all in one of them!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

big mervyn wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:TREVISO UPDATE - Very slight pink tinge on the white bits of our Onesies after their first wash :(
Did yous use a colour catcher?

You boys have had yours for a right while haven't you? They miust have walked to the machine on their own :lol: Wonder if Shammy has washed hers yet?

Curious because I've got Jnr wan for Xmas.

btw apparently Twosies or Twinsies are the thang this year. 2 of the bleedin' things stitched together. Loooking forward to seeing y'all in one of them!
had only been worn few times and one wash and they've gone pale shade of pink. So pale didnt even realize until looking them out for Treviso. Tried using Dr Beckmann colour run remover but to no avail.
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dr Beckmann's colour and dirt collector was probably the one to use. Benefits of hindsight an' all.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

listen guys, I'm as guilty as the next man and more often than most for taking a subject OFF TOPIC , but are we REALLY discussing how to wash big BabyGros here two days before a Heineken Cup match? :shock: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:listen guys, I'm as guilty as the next man and more often than most for taking a subject OFF TOPIC , but are we REALLY discussing how to wash big BabyGros here two days before a Heineken Cup match? :shock: :banghead: :banghead:
Yes.

Red button banter this week again?
Will be in the pub
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Anyway the only change I can possibly see is if Mr Wallace may be considered as a bench option. Other than that no good reason to change a thing.
If Wallace is fit, I think I'd have him on the bench on place of McIllwaine, not that the latter did anything wrong during his brief appearance last week, but Wallace would allow more direct replacement oportunities without reconfiguring the rest of the backs.
If Payne is fit I don't see why they should change, Get Wallace another run in the Ravens and unleash him against Zebre :red:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:
If Payne is fit I don't see why they should change, Get Wallace another run in the Ravens and unleash him against Zebre :red:
How much time did Wallace get on Saturday?
www.stoutboys.co.uk